Sookie Stackhouse Novels/True Blood Series discussion

Sookie's love life...

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Spry So I'm undecided on who I think Sookie should end up with. She has Bill who has made mistakes but really loves Sookie, Sam her boss who she can have kids with and Eric the viking sex god.... hmmm

message 2: by Selena (last edited Mar 27, 2010 09:53AM) (new)

Selena Lem | 10 comments I FEEL THAT SOOKIE SHOULD GO WITH ERIC. I KNOW CALL ME CRAZY BUT I JUST LOVE THAT GUY. ERIC WILL BE AWESOME FOR SOOKIE. TRUST ME. AFTER READING DEAD TO THE WORLD. I KNEW RIGHT THAN THAT I AM A ERIC FAN. ERIC NORTHAMN IS HOTT IN MY BOOK. I DON'T CARE THAT HE'S THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD. I LOVE HIM

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Booz (butrflbrat26) I agree that Sookie should be with Eric. By far he is my favorite with reading the books. I also liked Quinn and I thought that maybe Sookie should have given him more of a chance, but even if she would have, I still think I would pick Eric for Sookie!!!

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena Lem | 10 comments i know eric is the best for sookie. i cant wait for tomorw when season two comes on

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel (melthomas) I completely agree with Heather. I think Sookie should be with Eric. She may question their feelings for one another and think it's just being bound to one another but I think Eric genuinely loves her. Dead to the World really showed what a gentle, loving man he was before all the hard years and vamp politics got into play. I loved Quinn and wish Sookie would give him another chance but in the end I hope she ends up with Eric. As for Bill, he manipulated her. He may love her, but after his betrayal I just can't see Sookie forgiving him for that. At least I hope she's smart enough not to do that. In all actuality, I just wish someone would stake Bill and be done with it. He is whiny and annoying.

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Spry Melanie wrote: "I completely agree with Heather. I think Sookie should be with Eric. She may question their feelings for one another and think it's just being bound to one another but I think Eric genuinely love..."

I agree. Bill screwed up and he doesn't have much of a personality.

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Spry Sookie should let Eric turn her and they should live happily dead ever after.

they can always adopt

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 24 comments I sort of think that it would be nice for Sookie to be with Sam. He is cute and very caring towards her.

message 9: by Selena (new)

Selena Lem | 10 comments are you kidding me no way. okay its all about eric and sookie. do you see the way he has change. sookie and eric have this odd connection that makes them perfect for each other. to similar and not connecting at any way can not lead to a good relationship at times

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 24 comments A relationship based on lust won't work either because eventually the lust wears off and they have nothing left.

message 11: by Selena (new)

Selena Lem | 10 comments WHAT LOVE COULD SOOKIE AND SAM POSSIBLY HAVE. SOOKIE DOESNT EVEN REALLY LIKES SAM AND IT DEPENDS ON BOTH OF THE CHARACTER. YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THEM FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU. AFTER ERIC IN DEFINTELY DEAD AND IF YOU REREAD SOME OF THOSE PARTS WITH ERIC. YOU CAN SEE THAT THERE IS SOMETHING MORE THAN LUST THERE

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 15 comments I also agree to most of you overhere: Sookie should end up with Eric. At current I am reading "Dead in the Family" and they do have a kind of relationship. I also think there is a lot more between them then only lust. Eric already told Sookie, that he loves her and both have extremly changed over the time being involved with eachother. I think she also does have a kind of relationship with Sam but this is mostly based on friendship, esp. from her side - so I cannot imagine her with Sam. I felt very sorry when Quinn died - this was the only other two-natured male in her life for whom I really would have wished a happy ending with Sookie... As he is gone... Only Eric is left in my POV.

message 13: by Selena (new)

Selena Lem | 10 comments HEY JACKIE, THANKS FOR TOTALLY AGREEING WITH ME. JUST DONT AGAIN TELL ME SPOILERS OKAY. I'M CURENTLY READING DEFINTELY DEAD. WANNA BE MY FRIEND ON GOOD READS

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 15 comments Selena - sorry for spoiling...
Sent you a request :-)

message 15: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 33 comments Sookie will end up with Sam and this is why.

What I want and what will happen are probably two different things. I def don't believe that Sookie will end up with Bill. Charlaine Harris has already set bill up with Lorena's daughter, and I think that will basically come to fruition.

I really would like Sookie to end up with Eric, but I don't think that will happen. It has become apparent that Sookie wants a family, and I don't see Eric as the daddy type. Charlaine Harris has even said that Sookie will not become a vampire and in her world there is no way Sookie could get pregnant by Eric. That would leave Eric watching Sookie eventually die if they stayed together which would make for a depressing tale. I think Eric will die or leave or something.

Sookie will end up with Sam. Charlaine Harris has nursed their relationship since book 1. They are basically best friends that now go to dinner together. Sookie has kissed Sam and enjoyed it, but the relationship never went further than that. I think Ms. Harris has just been setting the stage so to speak.

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Spry Caroline wrote: "Sookie will end up with Sam and this is why.

What I want and what will happen are probably two different things. I def don't believe that Sookie will end up with Bill. Charlaine Harris has alr..."

I agree, I would love for Sookie to end up with Eric. However, I believe she will end up with Sam as well. They're best friends, He's someone Sookie can settle down with, have children with and he can more than protect her.

message 17: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 33 comments I wonder why Quinn is coming back in the next couple of books. Will he be the one to make Eric meet his final death?

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 15 comments Where are you with reading, Caroline? I really much liked Quinn in the books.

message 19: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 33 comments Where am I in the series? Oh I have read all the boooks, most of them twice. What about you?

ATM I am reading the Succubus books by Richelle Mead. The whole concept is pretty amusing. Succubi, demons, and angels hanging out together, drinking coffee, selling souls, smiting people.... the ususal day. lol

message 20: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 15 comments I have also read all Sookie books... only once so far but loved the series.

With the Succubus Series I am already done (all 5 books) and I really much loved those books. If you'll like this series I have 2 other recommendations for you:

1. Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead and
2. Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh

message 21: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 33 comments Oh, I've already read Guild Hunter. I do like those too! I will definitely have to try the Dark Swan series.

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 15 comments I loved the two books. No 3 is coming out in 2011, I think! What did you think of Guild Hunter?

message 23: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 33 comments When I checked the book out of the library, I initially thought it would be hoeky, but I really enjoyed the two books. I am interested in what the third book will be about. I am reading the short story in Must Love Hellhounds at the moment, but it is about Sara, and I haven't been able to lose myself in the book.

message 24: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey "Blue" (bbblue) I think that Eric is a great character and I love the banter between him and Sookie. But... I really don't think that he is the guy for Sookie. Too much power is involved in their relationship. It could never be just a relationship. I want Bill to end up with Sookie but that is because I believe he truly loves her and she, him. She just needs to get through her pain about his misleading her and remember her love for him. I know... many of you disagree but I am a very loyal person and I think Sookie is too. That's what I would do....

message 25: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey "Blue" (bbblue) Jackie wrote: "I also agree to most of you overhere: Sookie should end up with Eric. At current I am reading "Dead in the Family" and they do have a kind of relationship. I also think there is a lot more between ..."

I was confused by your comment about Quinn dying. He was forced to leave Sookie alone by Eric (power/jealousy/distrust) but hasn't died yet.

message 26: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Spry Lindsey wrote: "I think that Eric is a great character and I love the banter between him and Sookie. But... I really don't think that he is the guy for Sookie. Too much power is involved in their relationship. ..."

It seems as though ms.Harris has laid the foundation for bill to end up with Judith, his vampire sibling.

message 27: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 33 comments I'll say it again. Sookie and Sam

message 28: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 24 comments Caroline wrote: "I'll say it again. Sookie and Sam"

I totally agree!!!

message 29: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Spry Sandra wrote: "Caroline wrote: "I'll say it again. Sookie and Sam"

I totally agree!!!"

I agree

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackie1301) | 15 comments Lindsey wrote: "Jackie wrote: "I also agree to most of you overhere: Sookie should end up with Eric. At current I am reading "Dead in the Family" and they do have a kind of relationship. I also think there is a lo..."

Sorry, didn't mean to spoil you *ashamed*

message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz Buchanan (lizmunster) | 5 comments So I am going to shake the Sookie/Eric band wagon up. I think and hope that Sookie ends up with Bill. But only from the books if we're talking about the TV show, Eric all the way (Bill is to whinny on the show). But I prefer going off the books. I think yes Bill screwed up, but he had to leave Sookie to go to Lorena she was his maker. And Lorena tortured the hell out of Bill and he never spilled the beans about Sookie. And he did try to make sure she was taken care of if he died. If I was Bill I wouldn't have told Sookie my maker called. I love Sookie but she's kinda a dumbass when it comes to "protecting" people and she would have ended up killed. I think Bill is good for Sookie, they couldn't have kids but he would give up everything to be with her. It was shady that he went after her for Sophie Anne but he owned up to it and made it, in my mind, very clear how sorry he was and that he truly loves Sookie. I don't think Eric and Sookie will ever have the relationship she's hoping for, especially if she keeps living in Bon Temps. I don't think her and Sam will end up together and I didn't like Quinn, he seemed like more trouble than the vamps.

message 32: by Calen (new)

Calen Eric and Sookie allll the way. I love them together. It's why I read the books. I would only keep reading it Charlaine can create a character that's better than him (which I feel would be so hard to do).