Secret Daughter Secret Daughter discussion

book review

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Betty I just finsihed Secret Daughter and must highly recommend it. I did recieve it as a free book from Good Reads just after I had hip surgery. The book was a fast entertaining read that helped me pass the time quickly. The characters are very real, and the novel is very well written.

Heathercheryl Stevenson Betty wrote: "I just finsihed Secret Daughter and must highly recommend it. I did recieve it as a free book from Good Reads just after I had hip surgery. The book was a fast entertaining read that helped me pa..."

I loved each of those strong, loving women. I couldn't put the book down!

Brittany Amazing book that keeps you reading.

Eric Wright As you can see from my review, I agree, it is a very good book. Well writeen giving a wonderful exposure to the west and eastern cultures.

Wendy I liked the beginning and the end of the book. The middle was as if the author herself was hurrying to get to the end. For how wonderful the character development was at the beginning of the book and the very good and realistic resolution at the end of the book, the middle lacked character growth or building up to a climax.

Hoda Marmar I loved the book, and i agree, it's a must-read. The stories of each character really touched my heart. Wonderful book!

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy i loved this book!!

Morrissey54806 I kept wanting her to meet her birth parents but am glad that in the end she didn't.

message 9: by Eileen (last edited Dec 29, 2012 08:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eileen I read this wonderful novel two summers ago. I shared it with a friend who happens to be Indian for a check on the authencity of the material. She loved it!! Finally our book buddies will be reading and discussing it in January 2013. Eager to hear the opinon of others.

Cheryl Bruder I agree with most here. Very nicely done.

Eileen The Book Buddies enjoyed this book. Our members of Indian heritage added another dimension to our discussion. It was a real learning experience.

message 12: by Mona (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mona Another story of adoption and how it affects family. It was very interesting to learn a bit about India and it's culture. The book itself did not measure up to some of the other books I have read on this subject, but it was still a wonderful story of love between parents and children.

Nikita It was a quick read mostly because I couldn't put it down. One of the books that brought tears to my eyes in the end. I felt bad to her birth mother, she shouldn't have died without meeting her daughter.

Louise Morrissey54806 wrote: "I kept wanting her to meet her birth parents but am glad that in the end she didn't."

ME TOO BUT IN THE END THEY FOUND OUT SHE WAS LOOKING FOR THEM SO THAT WAS ENOUGH.

Cheryl Bruder It is a lovely story that made me want to keep reading. Well written and such a heartfelt story. I truly enjoyed it.

Sherry Rosenberg I read this book on a long plane ride. I loved the characters and their development. The author painted the players as she did India with both it's beauty and its flaws. I finished this book about 4 weeks ago and I still miss these families. Perhaps had it ended differently it could have led to a follow-up book about Asha, her career and her relationship with her birth parents. However, I felt somehow the ending was more realistic and although it brought me to tears I was satisfied.

Cheryldewolfyahoo.com I finished this book in 2 days and loved it! I enjoyed the character development and the plot. The characters were very believable to me and I loved the ending.