Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > BDB Fans... John Matthew's Book is coming soon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 184 (184 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Liv (last edited Mar 24, 2010 10:17AM) (new)

Liv (livlovelaugh) | 39 comments If you're like me who's a fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood and is looking forward to John Matthew's story, Lover Mine. I just wanted to share this with you all. JR Ward is doing a virtual book signing w/ personalization. I thought that was kind of cool for those of you who can't make it to meet her. And if you're going to buy the book anyway why not buy it signed by JR Ward herself... here's the link http://store.radcliffbookstore.com/VI...

I wish more writers would do this. I think it's an amazing way to share with you fans who can't access you if you're on the other side of the world.

I'd love a sign copy of Charlaine Harris, Dead in the Family ;)

Happy Reading!
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward

I guess I should post the instructions that were posted on facebook:

1) You can order as many books as you want!

2) You can choose how fast you want to receive the books! (All books ship out the morning of release, 4/27 and there are choices for different shipping options and prices)

3) International orders welcomed!

4) We're doing PayPal this year for all orders, but you can easily use your credit cards through PayPal.

5) The Virtual Signing closes 4/22 at 5 p.m. EST. Any orders received after this date, we won't be able to process.

message 2: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 286 comments If I knew for sure that the audio book would be released on audible on the actual release date, I'd love to get one of these. otherwise though, I don't know if I could wait for it to be shipped! I'm too anxious!

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv (livlovelaugh) | 39 comments Kelley Anne I know the feeling!! I may get the ebook just to hold me off before this one arrives. That might be an option for you it's cheaper and it's on your computer instantly. It's kind of annoying that this book and 'Lover Avenged' is hardcover. I hope they come out with a hardcover collection I hate having paperback and hardcover, I'm anal like that, I need uniformity.

I wonder why they have different release dates for the audio. I love audiobooks when I'm stuck in California traffic.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments I think it took audible a week or two after the release date to put LAv up, but here's hoping they're more prompt with LM - I've got credits to spend! ;)

Last time I rushed through LAv so fast when I read it, that as soon as the audio was available, I listened to it and got to enjoy it again at a much more leisurely pace. =)

message 5: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 286 comments That and I have to work that night, so wont have time to read! But if the audio book comes out on time, I can listen to it at work! I'm not sure why some books come out on the same release date and others don't come out until a week or two later. I know that the new Charlaine Harris is supposed to be released on audible at the same time.

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments My frustration is that even though I'm an audible member, because I'm in Australia, I cant get the JR Ward books as downloadable audio books.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` I am frustrated that because I also live in Australia, I have to wait till May 3rd to get the book...darn it.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Sally wrote: "My frustration is that even though I'm an audible member, because I'm in Australia, I cant get the JR Ward books as downloadable audio books."

Yeah, the UK version of audible doesn't have anywhere near the selection of the US one either. It's a shame that they aren't the same throughout.

message 9: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 286 comments That makes no sense to me! I mean, if it was a country that they had to have a translation done for, I can see it taking longer. But why isn't it released at the same time in the US, Australia, and UK?

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (mrsworldwidewebb) My friend and I are discussing about going to Kentucky from Louisiana (where we live) just to see JR Ward and get her to sign our books of Lover Mine!! She is having a book signing up in Radcliffe on May 8, 2010... Man, are we crazy or what? LOL

message 11: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments Darn you! I'm going to have to order a copy of this now! :( And all the rest are in paperback too! Oh well, I'll keep my paperback version and order my signed copy.

I have a few Phillipa Gregory books signed.

message 12: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments Actually no I'm not! Its going to cost near £60 just for one book!!!!

message 13: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Don't get me wrong,i enjoy the BDB series & i adore John but am I the only one whose not really excited to read about him sexoring some chick who looks like a hardcore butch?

message 14: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments nope, you are not the only one. I just never got the whole JM/xhex thing

message 15: by Liv (last edited Mar 24, 2010 10:03AM) (new)

Liv (livlovelaugh) | 39 comments Gem H aka *Dhelirious* wrote: "nope, you are not the only one. I just never got the whole JM/xhex thing"

I'd have to agree that I'm not a fan of Xhex & JM but I loved to hear her story as a sympath. And I can't help but love John Matthew. But together ehhh. But I'm just a fan of her series and her writing so it's neat to have a signed book.

Gem H aka *Dhelirious* wrote: "Actually no I'm not! Its going to cost near £60 just for one book!!!!"

Wow, £60 for me it's only a $1 cheaper than retail w/ shipping charges. That's highway robbery!!

message 16: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 286 comments LethalLovely wrote: "Don't get me wrong,i enjoy the BDB series & i adore John but am I the only one whose not really excited to read about him sexoring some chick who looks like a hardcore butch?"

That's really never bothered me. Maybe it's because I am a complete and total tomboy. So, it's kinda nice for me to see one of the guys going for someone that's not a total girly girl.

message 17: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments That's cos I stay in the uk! Oh well elf boy cover it is then

message 18: by Liv (new)

Liv (livlovelaugh) | 39 comments LethalLovely: I'd have to agree with you it is a nice change for female characters. Kind of the reason why Payne seems more fascinating but I have a feeling Xhex isn't as tough as she portrays herself to be. Can't wait to find out though!!

Gem: Yea, but dang is it the shipping that cost that much? Considering the £ is nearly 1.5 times the worth of a dollar. £60 seems like too much! That's a shame.

message 19: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "LethalLovely wrote: "Don't get me wrong,i enjoy the BDB series & i adore John but am I the only one whose not really excited to read about him sexoring some chick who looks like a hardcore butch?"
..."

The first time JR Ward described Xhex it was horrible in my head. But I imagine her different, more like a tomboy rather than a she-male with huge muscles, and her character also seemed more likeable to me in Rehv's book. I agree with Liv, she plays tough but she actually seems to have been through a lot and I'm curious to know about backstory.

message 20: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Tyavm ladies for the replies.It never occurred to me to use my imagination & fill in the blanks when it came to Xhex.JRW does such a good damn job of it(with her scorching hot Brothers) that I guess I kinda let her take the reins appearance-wise.But I AM very interested in learning about Xhex's past as a symphath(especially after Lover Avenged) & hopefully JRW is talented enough to make the romance between her & John believable. Because honestly, I never understood that particular attraction.I mean,they described her body as very masculine & her breast as hard as a rock w/out any soft bits.Not something I'd think a hot-blooded heterosexual male would want to cuddle up next to.But I have faith that JRW will make it all work out in the end.

message 21: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette I am looking forward more to Ghuinn and Blay - hope they get more that a mention. :) JM was never my favourite.

message 22: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments @ Chriz

Can't agree with JM since I loved him from the first moment he was introduced but I completely agree with you about Qhuinn and Blay :) They need their own book, I think I'll be disappointed if they don't after all the mention and the tension between them ;D

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Me, I love JM and Xhex together and am so looking forward to this book.

Qhuinn and Blay - one of the biggest fans of that pairing. They'll have a big role in LM, but Ward has already said it won't be a happy pairing type of role - expect some heartache for those two. =/

message 24: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Qhuinn and Blay - one of the biggest fans of that pairing. They'll have a big role in LM, but Ward has already said it won't be a happy pairing type of role - expect some heartache for those two. =/ "

Noooo!! I would be on board with 'from heartache to happy' ;) I'd really like to read about them though, I'm glad there are people who like the pairing as much I do.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Gokce wrote: "Noooo!! I would be on board with 'from heartache to happy' ;) I'd really like to read about them though, I'm glad there are people who like the pairing as much I do."

Their pairing has been confirmed, so we know we'll get our HEA eventually, it just won't be a smooth road getting there. Blay is going to have Saxton to distract him and Qhuinn still needs to come to terms with his feelings. Ooh... it's going to be so good!

message 26: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Their pairing has been confirmed, so we know we'll get our HEA eventually, it just won't be a smooth road getting there. Blay is going to have Saxton to distract him and Qhuinn still needs to come to terms with his feelings. Ooh... it's going to be so good! "

I didn't know it was confirmed, so does that mean they get their own book? I don't care if it's not going to be a smooth road I'm just glad they'll get there. Besides, it's complicated with them, with Qhuinn still not being able to admit his feelings to himself and all..I liked Saxton too though.
Omg you're right, it is going to be good!!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Yep, they're on the forum's confirmed pairings list. Woohoo! She hasn't said whether or not they'll get their own book, but I think it's unlikely. I think they'll probably play a significant role in the next couple of books and their HEA will play out as a side story.

I like Saxton as well, so I'm good with him being a distraction for Blay. Qhuinn needs to heal and realize he's worthy of Blay before they have a chance. It will be interesting an interesting read. I imagine their relationship in LM will be difficult to watch much like JM and Xhex were in LAv.

message 28: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments Even though I'm glad -really really glad that is- they're confirmed, I still wish they have their own book. I don't see much freaking out about the two men, but yeah, wishful thinking.

It makes me sad that Qhuinn doesn't see himself worthy of Blay. I'll be glad to read him realize his true feelings. I know I do like to see some jealousy on Qhuinn's part :) JM and Xhex's situation was way too depressing in LAv, I look forward to see how they'll resolve their relationship in LM.

message 29: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette I am glad you guys agree :)

Saxton had such a small part so far but I also think that he may be the distraction that Blay (and Qhuinn) need :)

message 30: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments Yes, and my god, do they need distraction! :)

message 31: by Kelley Anne (last edited Mar 25, 2010 09:54AM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 286 comments As for JM and Xhex, I love the thoughts of them together. JM's been one of my favs from the first time he was introduced. I can't wait to see how things go with them!

As for Qhuinn and Blay, I am actually kinda surprised at just how much I want to see them together. That kinda of thing doesn't usually do it for me, but their scene together in the clinic just melted my heart! It was so sweet, and so hot, that I am looking forward to hearing more about them. But Blay does deserve some happiness while Qhuinn is working out his own issues!

message 32: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments Oh yes, I sometimes go back to Phury's book and read that scene, it makes me happy :)

message 33: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette Kelley Anne wrote: As for Qhuinn and Blay, I am actually kinda surprised at just how much I want to see them together. That kinda of thing doesn't usually do it for me, but their scene together in the clinic just melted my heart! It was so sweet, and so hot, that I am looking forward to hearing more about them. But Blay does deserve some happiness while Qhuinn is working out his own issues!

You said it just right - couldn't believe that I enjoyed that sweet scene so much. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Ordered two copies the morning the virtual signing opened. One for me and one for my BF. Counting down the days!!!

message 35: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 23 comments i think JM is attracted to the screwed up part of Xhex. I mean we have read all about how messed up and difficult his life has been do you really think he could just date a normal girl? Maybe if things had been different with Thor but he is not the innocent child victim anymore. He is barely keeping it together and I think he sees the same thing in Xhex.

message 36: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments Jaimie, I think that's a good point. Their relationship still has so much more room to grow yet. I'm curious to see how they resolve their issues and how the whole relationship of theirs resolve. JM is in a very dangerous place right now psychologically and Xhex is on a completely different level. She's become more emotional in Rehv's book, I'd like to see how her story turns out.

message 37: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 23 comments Yeah, I think this book is going to be a rollercoaster for both of them and maybe in the end they will go separate ways but I think they see a familiar darkness in each other that makes them closer.

message 38: by Patty (new)

Patty Valtierra | 7 comments I absolutely can't wait for John Matthew's book! He makes my blood fire up!

message 39: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 84 comments Jaimie wrote: "Yeah, I think this book is going to be a rollercoaster for both of them and maybe in the end they will go separate ways but I think they see a familiar darkness in each other that makes them closer."

They would go separate ways? I want to believe these books are happily ever after..I always thought the characters just finally end up together at the end of the book.

message 40: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 164 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Gokce wrote: "Noooo!! I would be on board with 'from heartache to happy' ;) I'd really like to read about them though, I'm glad there are people who like the pairing as much I do."Their pairing h..."

I just heard abt Q and Blay and I am even more excited now!! I was kinda so-so with having JM's story so soon and plus i'm not a big fan of xhex, but now that i've learned Q and Blay are definate! Whoo-hoo! Can you say HOT!?! I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get details on their action, the same as we get on all of the f/m relationships.

message 41: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 23 comments Gokce wrote: "Jaimie wrote: "Yeah, I think this book is going to be a rollercoaster for both of them and maybe in the end they will go separate ways but I think they see a familiar darkness in each other that ma..."

I don't think anything is impossible with JRW. Just because all the couples have stayed together and HEA so far doesn't mean they will continue to do so. I could see her getting them together long enough to get over their issues.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm so excited to read this book!!! I think Xhex is lovely just the way she is and can't wait to see her character totally developed in this book.

I'm so happy that the WARDen gives us characters of different strengths and weaknesses as well as different appearances. Thank heavens, or the Scribe Virgin, that all of the shellans are not the same!

I love Xhex's edginess, her ability to be who she is and not worry that she doesn't come across as frilly and feminine...If she did, she wouldn't be Xhex.

message 43: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Who are the other confirmed pairs Dark Heart?

message 44: by Jesslynn (last edited Mar 29, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

Jesslynn | 164 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I'm so excited to read this book!!! I think Xhex is lovely just the way she is and can't wait to see her character totally developed in this book.

I'm so happy that the WARDen gives us character..."

Her appearance is more of an annoyance, but I tend to picture whatever I want to when i'm reading so that doesn't really bother me. It's her demeanor and attitude. Edgy-cool. Out right bitch-not. It's immature to think being a b* all the time is cool.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It'll be interesting to see what her little 'time away' with Lash does for her personality/attitude.

message 46: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 164 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "It'll be interesting to see what her little 'time away' with Lash does for her personality/attitude."
That's true!

message 47: by Mary E. (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) | 42 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I'm so excited to read this book!!! I think Xhex is lovely just the way she is and can't wait to see her character totally developed in this book....[snip:]...I love Xhex's edginess, her ability to be who she is and not worry that she doesn't come across as frilly and feminine...If she did, she wouldn't be Xhex..."

I couldn't agree more. I think Xhex is *HAWT*, just the kinda chick that melts my butter LOL! I'm looking forward to getting to know her better in JMs story, happy for them and all that jazz, but a little part of my sapphic heart is disappointed that she doesn't swing my way. Oh well, a girl can dream. ;)

message 48: by Heather (new)

Heather (sparkleyturtle) | 151 comments I am so-so about the Xhex relationship - I just want him to come into more of his memories from Darius.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Jaimie wrote: "I don't think anything is impossible with JRW. Just because all the couples have stayed together and HEA so far doesn't mean they will continue to do so. I could see her getting them together long enough to get over their issues. ..."

Their pairing is confirmed and they will have a mating ceremony, so there's no need to worry that they're going to break up at the end of the book. At its heart, the series is still a PNR formula with an HEA ending (you can't bring up Tohr as an argument to the contrary, as he hasn't had his own book). =)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "Who are the other confirmed pairs Dark Heart?"

I can't access the boards from work, but I'll get the list when I get home and post them. =)

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lover Mine (other topics)