The Inklings discussion

C.S.Lewis & his books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen L. (new)

Karen L. I am reading both The Abolition of Man and A Greif Observed. I like the mentioned 2nd book better. I find the first thus far good, but a very weighty philosophical work. I loved Mere Christianity. Any one else reading Lewis?

message 2: by Karen L. (new)

Karen L. Now I am reading Yours, Jack: Spiritual Direction from C.S.Lewis. He mentions the Inklings; so far Charles Williams, Tolkien, & Owen Barfield. It is such an intersting book. It is like peeking into a journal or private writing.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Go Christianity!!!!!!!!!! And Christian Books!!!!!!!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Ditto!

message 5: by Karen L. (new)

Karen L. Swordmaiden and Elizabeth,

Which of Lewis's faith books do you enjoy?

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I haven't really read a lot of Lewis's books (besides Narnia), I'm just starting Mere Christianity, and hope to read more soon.

message 7: by Karen L. (new)

Karen L. Elizabeth, I liked Mere Christianity, but my favorite besides the Narnia stories is "The Great Divorce."

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I have to check it out. Thanks!

Sandysconnected | 4 comments Hi Karen...I loved Mere Christianity, and I've read it at various points of my life (and maturity). I love philosophical discussion and he winds it in to theology so well I just can't get enough. I really enjoyed The Great Divorce as well, and need to read it again now that I'm middle-aged and would probably see parts of it with new eyes.

I've gotten halfway through the ScrewTape Letters and enjoyed it, but its been about a decade since I bookmarked it and put it down.