The Filipino Group discussion

Books, Books, Books > Book Blogs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 315 (315 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Hi, I don't know if someone already created a post about this but I was just wondering if any of you have book blogs? I follow a couple of book blogs and I thought it would be fun to find a fellow Filipino book blogger.

Mods, please let me know if I posted this in the wrong thread or something.

message 2: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Chachic, I put your thread on Books thread... okay...

As for me I don't know if you'll call my Multiply site as a book blog... I know my page is lousy and all... I'm just tired twiddling and editing that page... It bugs the hell out of me... I'm just doing that so others who don't have a Goodreads account can still view my crappy book reviews LOLz! ^_^

However, I'm happy sharing my opinions and ideas on a particular book and sometimes get a note of appreciation in the bargain... ^_^

message 3: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Thanks for putting my inquiry under the right thread! Haha although it seems that people don't have book blogs or they would've answered my question by now.

You still update your Multiply? I don't update mine anymore. I'm more active here in Goodreads.

message 4: by Apokripos (last edited Mar 22, 2010 06:20PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Yup I still update it and all. I post my book reviews there once in a while because it seems I tend to read one book per month. Maybe due to work constraints and all but that certainly means I'm enjoying the damn book.

As I see it, it's quite taxing to maintain a decent blog, taking that from my friends that maintain one, which of course, includes you. Ahehehehe... ^_^

But whadoyaknow... Maybe if I'll have the luxury of time one of these days I'll got put one myself... But for now, that Multiply site will do.

message 5: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Hmm I don't know if I should agree or not that maintaining a blog is tiring. Haha. I think it is up to a certain extent but if you're writing about something you really like then you enjoy it. It is time consuming though. I wanted to start a book blog but I was lazy haha so I just kind of adjusted my LJ to contain more book-related posts.

message 6: by Apokripos (last edited Mar 22, 2010 06:45PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Oh... I'm sorry if I said that was tiring... That's what I meant... it's time consuming... Sorry...

message 7: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Haha no prob!

message 8: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments I have one., but the structure isn't done yet., i am pretty bad with regards to designs., but it already has content.,

message 9: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments What's your URL?

message 10: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments eh?! I'll give it to you when its done alrdy. Is that ok?

message 11: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Haha okay! I have one as well but I want to come up with a better header, it's just that I'm not very creative and I have no graphic design skills so I don't know.

message 12: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Chachic wrote: "Haha okay! I have one as well but I want to come up with a better header, it's just that I'm not very creative and I have no graphic design skills so I don't know."

i have a little knowledge on graphic design., i know some cool techniques but i won't say that I can be a hardcore graphic artist., maybe after some more practice., :))

message 13: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments I asked my friend who's a graphic artist to make it for me but it looks like he's super busy so he doesn't have time to make it. Anyway, my layout is pretty okay, I just want a header.

message 14: by anne (new)

anne (annell88) | 0 comments can you put up your blog urls here? I have a blog and it has some book reviews, but it's really a personal blog.if you want to check it out, it's right here.

message 15: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Yes, we should post URLs of book blogs here, just in case others want to check them out.

Mine's Chachic's Book Nook and it's mostly about YA and fantasy books because those are my favorites. :)

message 16: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Hey chac, what happened to your livejournal one?

message 17: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments I moved it, I like Wordpress better. I'm keeping my LJ for comments and for my friends page and maybe personal posts from time to time. But Wordpress is better for a book blog. Where are you planning to put up yours? I recommend either Wordpress or Blogspot. :)

message 18: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments I got mine on Blogger/Blogspot(I am confused with that site. Their title is really Blogger but in your url they will put blogspot.). Though I haven't finished the design yet. God knows, I hate html and css. And I kinda hate blogger, too many stuffs to set before you can have one legit blog site. I am planning now to transfer all the reviews and stuffs I put there on my tumblr. Tumblr is way much more convenient and easier.

Here's my unfinished blogger site.
The Marble Shelf

message 19: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Really? But I heard from a lot of people that Blogspot is actually the easiest to use out of all the options. So you're not planning to keep that account? Hmm but isn't Tumblr appropriate for quick posts? Like just a few words or a picture? That's what I heard from other people.

Check out Wordpress, maybe you'll like it. :)

message 20: by Apokripos (last edited Apr 19, 2010 07:47PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Aaron Vincent wrote: "I got mine on Blogger/Blogspot(I am confused with that site. Their title is really Blogger but in your url they will put blogspot.). Though I haven't finished the design yet. God knows, I hate html..."

I read your blog and my... what a good shelf-placement rating system... innovative at best...
I'm kinda waiting what books you'll be placing on the Trash Pit of Doom. Ahahaha! :D

To all of our group members just "blog" it away! ^_^
It's so inspiring to see all of you putting in time to appreciate books and spreading the fun and rewarding experience that is reading...

As for me, I got my old multiply account and that's where I post most of the reviews I wrote for some of my friends who're not on Goodreads but are awaiting my book reviews....

Just keep it going, guys...

Blog it away... ^_^

message 21: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Yep, that's what Tumblr is for. But I there are people that I am following there that posts movie reviews and series reviews. Maybe, if I will have the right motivation to finish my blogger account, I will finish it.

The thing about wordpress I hate is that it do not allows much customizations for free accounts. Weird heh? Not finishing my blogger because of too much customization and wordpress for not much customization hehe.,

message 22: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments jzhunagev wrote: "Aaron Vincent wrote: "I got mine on Blogger/Blogspot(I am confused with that site. Their title is really Blogger but in your url they will put blogspot.). Though I haven't finished the design yet. ..."

Oh., haha., go to my shelf here and you'll get the idea what books I am planning to put in the Trash Pit. lol

message 23: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments jzhunagev, maybe you should start a blog too?

message 24: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Chachic, I like your On Reading YA posts. That is so true.

message 25: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Aaron Vincent wrote: "Yep, that's what Tumblr is for. But I there are people that I am following there that posts movie reviews and series reviews. Maybe, if I will have the right motivation to finish my blogger account..."

Oh yeah, it's such a hassle that Wordpress doesn't allow CSS. I can't even change the font colors in my theme! I don't want to pay the customization fee just for that. The main reason why I didn't get Blogspot though is that the username "chachic" was already taken. Haha such a lame reason. But there, I'm with Wordpress now and things are okay.

message 26: by Apokripos (last edited Apr 19, 2010 08:05PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Chachic wrote: "jzhunagev, maybe you should start a blog too?"

That was a plan ages ago...
Alright blame my right polar brain for procrastinating...
My prob is readers/visitors of the blog I'm going to put up might get bored for I spend weeks making a book review. I truly squeeze my brain out as to how the book resonated to me. Not to mention I debate with myself regarding themes of a book. That's how self-absorbed I am with a book.
And in between deadlines I say that book blog might suffer and languish unattended... Lolz! :D

message 27: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Aaron Vincent wrote: "Chachic, I like your On Reading YA posts. That is so true."

Thanks! Weird though, the comments for that post weren't transferred. Hmm. Anyway, maybe you'll like my other posts on reading. Check them out if you have time and feel free to leave comments there if you want. :)

message 28: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments I saw Persnickety Snark(I hope I get the spelling right.) on your blogroll. I really like the Team Gale argument post on that blog. Its really persuasive.

message 29: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments jzhunagev wrote: "That was a plan ages ago...
Alright blame my right polar brain for procrastinating...
My prob is readers/visitors of the blog I'm goi..."

Well, it's your blog so the pacing of the book reviews is also up to you. It's up to you how often you post and how long or short your posts are.

message 30: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Yup, Adele at Persnickety Snark but I'm a new watcher of her blog so I haven't seen that argument. I'll look it up though.

message 31: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Yep, you have to see it. I'm one of the abstainees before reading that post but after, I am now siding Gale's side more. Though I still cannot completely say that I am a Gale Shipper. Haha. Btw, whose ship are you on?

message 32: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments TEAM GALE FTW!

message 33: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Haha. It's a little weird but I can throw a lot of arguments as oppose to your ship. lol. Well, if you say Team Peeta, I can still give a lot more arguments. I guess that's the effect of being a middleman. What I love about THG is both ship are winning ships and nothing is a lost cause.

Post a Team Gale post on your site! Maybe I can have a rebuttal post on mine. hehe

message 34: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Haha I don't want to get too attached because I want to be open to what happens next. I'm actually not a hardcore Gale fan but if I had to choose between the two of them, I'd choose Gale. So I might not be the right person to do a Team Gale post.

message 35: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments But atleast you can state some things why you are siding Gale more.,

message 36: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Hmm I don't feel strongly enough about that to write a post. Maybe you should just do your post and argue both sides? That will be interesting enough.

Let me know where you finally settle your book blog and if you want me to add you to my blogroll. :)

message 37: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Good idea. I'll be working on it.

Yep, I'll give you heads up when/if my book blog finally get settled.

I saw in your blog that you have read Beastly. Do you think I will like it.? I saw the poster and it does looks interesting(and creepy).

Photobucket

And Neil Patrick Harris is going to be in it too so I'm thinking to give it a try.

message 38: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments I'm not sure if you'll like it but I think it's safe for you to give it a try. It's told from the point of view of the Beast so it's a guy point of view and a teenage guy at that. I'm actually curious about the movie because it has a great cast.

message 39: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Okay. Is it hardcore romance though?? I'm not sure if I can call the two main cast a great cast, maybe the supporting, yeah.

message 40: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Nope, I wouldn't call it hardcore romance. Maybe similar to Nick and Norah? I mean of course there's romance because it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling after all but I think you can handle it. :)

message 41: by Len (new)

Len (maidenveil) Beastly looks promising. haven't read the book though but I've heard good reviews. It's teeny stuffs so it's subject to personal taste. :)

I have a book blog too. Not much but shows my love for reading and sharing stuffs about it. :)

message 42: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Hi Maidenveil, I checked out your blog and it seems like we have similar taste in books so I'm adding you to my blogroll. :)

message 43: by Len (new)

Len (maidenveil) Thanks, Chachic! :D I added you as a friend here as well. :D

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments I just started my book blog this year, but I've been reviewing books since last year, first in Multiply, then in my personal blog. After I realized that my personal blog is being overrun with book posts, I separated them. :D

http://onemorepage.tinamats.com :)

message 45: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments To all Filipino book bloggers out there, I hope you check out this site http://filipinobookbloggers.wordpress... and have your blogs included in the directory. It's a blog that's meant to feature Filipino book blogs and I just started it.

message 46: by Aldrin (new)

Aldrin (fullybooked) | 223 comments Just butting in to let everyone know that Tumblr is by far the easiest way to blog, whether in short or long form. That is all.

P.S. My book (and at times personal) blog, proudly hosted by Tumblr, is at http://aldr.in or http://www.thepolysyllabicspree.com. Same difference, really. :)

message 47: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments Aldrin, hope you can sign up for the Filipino Book Bloggers directory. :) I wonder how else I can spread the word.

message 48: by Aldrin (last edited Jul 05, 2010 05:23PM) (new)

Aldrin (fullybooked) | 223 comments Chachic, how about making a nifty little badge that members of the directory can display on their blogs? :) Silly me, turns out you already made one. Hehe.

message 49: by Chachic (new)

Chachic | 262 comments You mean an icon or a button? I made one. Here, you can grab the link: http://filipinobookbloggers.wordpress...

I actually have that image up on my blog sidebar. :)

message 50: by Aldrin (new)

Aldrin (fullybooked) | 223 comments I've sent you my details. I've also grabbed the button and put it in my blog sidebar. :) Just a correction, though: It seems you forgot to enclose the img tag properly. The code should be written as

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7