The Underneath The Underneath discussion

Wow. Amazing book. How'd she do that?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited May 22, 2008 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Wow. This is one of the best children's books I've read in a long time.
How'd she do that?
I interviewed Kathi Appelt asking her just that.

Here's the link:

So please take a look at my interview of Kathi Appelt, author of THE UNDERNEATH, on the Imaginary Blog.

http://lynnhazenimaginaryblog.blogspo...

Lynn

Suebee I agree! Just finished it. Within the first 10 pages, I was saying to myself, "Wow." Wow...a writer to rival DiCamillo. I must say the cover does NOTHING to sell this book...maybe they'll reimagine it for paperback. :) This could definitely be a movie, by the way.

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam I am really enjoying this book. I love how she is integrating the two stories. So far, I have found a few situations in which they resemble each other.I am intrigued to see how they will fit together in the end.

Lauren Ordner One of my fav books EVER!

MizziQ It kind of creeped me out but it was good.

Julia L. I loved this book. It sold out rapidly in our local book stores and had a waiting list at the library. I was sure it would win an award of some kind. Oh well, simple, beautiful writing will soon find its reward. Maybe her next book?

MizziQ It has a newberry honor award..?

Julia L. Oh? I thought it lost that award. Hope it is true.

MizziQ Me too. I loved it!

Lydia I just read this book recently and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time ! It's so great with the different points of view. My reading teacher and I couldn't decide what the genre was so we made one up. Folk Fantasy!