Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Beer

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments Ok, so I recently started to enjoy beer after YEARS of hating it to death. So I am still relatively basic in beer knowledge.....but I am curious....what are some of your favorite beers?

message 2: by Jenny (last edited Mar 22, 2010 08:42PM) (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 209 comments I like Abita, particularly their Amber & Turbo Dog. I also like their seasonal Bock and the Strawberry Harvest Lager. The Purple Haze is alright; I don't really like the raspberry, though many people like that one.

I live close to where it's made and have easy access, but I'm not sure of each brew's availability in other parts of the country.

Now I want it and will have to go to the grocery store! :|

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Honaker (carriehonaker) | 99 comments I love the Abita Purple Haze and Blackened Voodoo. After Katrina it was so hard to acquire. I also love Rogue's Shakespeare Stout, mmmm..awesome! There is a World Beer Fest in Raleigh, NC that my husband and I regularly attend in October, much fun! We also have started our own BrewDo here in the Blacksburg/Roanoke VA area. Lots of fun and great live music!

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) | 202 comments I prefer the darker Mexican beers--Negra Modelo, Dos Equis, Tecate. But I very rarely drink beer. I'm more of a bourbon or vodka drinker.

My brothers and sisters and their spouses are all avid beer drinkers but they trend towards *ahem* crap lite beers like MGD Lite or Bud Lite. Blech.

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments Bud light LIME!

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments I like Michelob or Moose Drool!

message 7: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments Firestone Double Barrel Ale, nothing on earth is better!

message 8: by hanna (new)

hanna (hannaknudsen) I also enjoy Abita Purple Haze. Some I enjoy are: Sea Dog's Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale, Fat Tire, and New Castle.

message 9: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (ksf77) | 4 comments Innis and Gunn, I believe its brewed in Oxfordshire - you can't beat english real ales!

message 10: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments Carrie wrote: "Bud light LIME!"

I love BL Lime....I currently have that and Blue Moon in my fridge

Going to have to try Abita....thanks lots of new choices to try!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) My favorite of the moment is Smithwick's Irish Ale which I re-discovered a couple of weeks ago. It's a very good blend of the type of beers with a hint of a coffee or chocolate taste to them without it being heavy. It's the first beer I actually like and enjoy drinking! Blue Moon or Yeingling is good for when we're out and I can't find anything else that appeals to me. (My tastes change so often with beer - starts off good and then after a while I don't like the taste of it anymore and have to find something else).

Elizabeth (Alaska) It's been years and years since I drank a beer. But back in those dark ages, I really liked a beer with tomato juice. Not as a chaser - mixed. These days, I'm a bit more concerned with caloric intake, and drink alcohol only very occasionally.

message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Clemmons | 99 comments Not a huge beer drinker, but recently discovered St. Arnold's Texas Wheat beer. (Visited the new St. Arnold brewery in Houston, Texas with my son and his wife.) I usually drink white wine or vodka drinks.