twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > Who Got The New Moon DVD At Midnight?!?!?!?!

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the New Moon DVD at Wal Mart last night at Midnight, it is soooooooooo awsome! I was litteraly on the floor beging my mom to take me because earlier in the day going was out of the question then my dad brought it up and, what do you know, an hour later we were standing in a line that wrapped all the way around wal mart!!!! It was so much fun though, it was definitly worth it!!!!! Did anybody else go to a midnight release?

message 2: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I got mine at borders...they had all kinds of contests and my daughter won a bunch of stuff...3 bookmarks, pins, magnets and a few other things...it was fun!! When we got home we had to watch the movie of course so we didn't get to bed until around 3am!!

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 286 comments I did not go to the Midnight release---too old to wait up :-). But I did get the dvd from Walmart. Only thing disappointed that "version" is it has NO DELETED SCENES!! I mean the preview for Eclipse is GREAT, but I LOVE to see deleted scenes! :-(

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

YEA! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my DVD i had SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

thats cool i wish it had more deleted scenes too! were i went they didnt have any cool games to play! :o(

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

sad!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I drug my lazy butt to the Target today and got the 2 disc edition just got done watching it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i got sooooo lucky! i got to get the ultimite fan edition and the extra Twilight in Forks movie!!!!!!! Its ssssoooooooo awsome!

message 9: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Ooo! How is the Twilight in Forks? Is it just a documentary about the real town of Forks?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

yah it is i havent had the time to watch t yet because i watched new moon then i had a friend over who HATES twilight (hard to belive, iknow! lol)so she wouldnt have wanted to watch it, but ill let you know as soon as i watch it (which will probably be tonight!!!!!)

message 11: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments hah....Yeah I can believe about the friend who hates Twilight...I myself am a Reformed Twilight Hater! Lemme know how you like it!

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (etandksmom) Twilight in Forks was really good. I really enjoyed it. It makes me want to visit Forks even more now.

message 13: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments I didn't go to the midnight release.

message 14: by Francie (new)

Francie (love_francie) I didn't go to any. We walked into Borders, saw how crowded it was, and headed home, lol!! But I did wake up at 6:45am to go to Target early. There were several other girls there. I also bought the Walmart copy too w/Twilight in Forks. It sucks that it doesn't have any deleted scenes on it.

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Terri wrote: "I did not go to the Midnight release---too old to wait up :-). But I did get the dvd from Walmart. Only thing disappointed that "version" is it has NO DELETED SCENES!! I mean the preview for Ecl..."

Really??? None?? What kind of copy did you get???...As for me,LOL..I went to the Midnight Release at Walmart, and as me and my best friend were standing in the LONG line, we realized we rather have the 3disc edition from Target then just the 2 disc, but since Target didnt have a midnight release(LAME), we left..But I got my 3-disc copy and I will have a mini Twilight marathon this weekend and watch both. :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

the twilight in forks dvd was reallly good!!! i just watched it last night and now want to plan a long summer vaca in Forks, Washington (yes it is a real place (o: )!!!!!!!!!!! it was so cool it had people from the town talk about the changes twilight has made for them and there town and also about how great the fans are and how much better we are then other groups of fans! it also has good websites for you to go to for both girls and guys who are twihard fanpires!!!! It also has like tours of the town and all the real twilight stuff mentioned in the books (the cullen house mentioned in the books is actually a bed and breakfast/inn that you can raelly go stay at!!!!) there are lots of gift shops and stores there just filled with twilight stuff! You can view mail and other things like that that people have sent there for the characters in the books! ther is also a real la push and port angeles you can go to also along with forks!! there are some people there that really belive vamps and werewolves live there!!!! i want to go there ssssoooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!! sometimes at the store (were bella works at i n the books) thae page Bella Swan to sproting goods and a bunch of people race over there looking for her!!!!! lol

message 17: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 286 comments Natalie wrote: "Terri wrote: "I did not go to the Midnight release---too old to wait up :-). But I did get the dvd from Walmart. Only thing disappointed that "version" is it has NO DELETED SCENES!! I mean the p..."

I got the WalMart, 2 disc DVD version (not BluRay). The second disc has the stuff about Eclipse (along w/ a 2+ min. scene. But NO deleted scenes. The scene from Eclipse was good, but would have loved to have the deletes!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

yah me too i was lucky enouhg to get the ultimate fan edition + twilight in forks and that also had no deleted scenes! if any body got a different copy that has deleted scenes please let me knon, thanks!

message 19: by Natalie (last edited Mar 23, 2010 06:37AM) (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Terri wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Terri wrote: "I did not go to the Midnight release---too old to wait up :-). But I did get the dvd from Walmart. Only thing disappointed that "version" is it has NO DELETED SCENES..."

My 3-disk copy from Target has deleted/extended scenes,and that's why I bought the 3-disk from Target vs. the 2-disk from Walmart, BUT I haven't watched it yet, but here's the link from Target that tells you what it contains:

http://www.target.com/Twilight-Saga-D...

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 23, 2010 02:07PM) (new)

i kinda want that won now! :o(

message 21: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade You guys DO realize that the people living in Forks are regular people like us, right...?

Sorry if I sound kinda rude, but they're just people. Like us. They go to school and have families and jobs and pets and all that.

message 22: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

yeah and I have been to forks, last push and port angeles all of which are really pretty but there really is nothing to do there. Plus the movie wasn't even filmed there, it was filmed in a town called St Helens here in Oregon...so if you want to see the actual house and stuff that's the best place to go.

message 23: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

In reality they really filmed in a whole bunch of places that are not even in the same town...maybe someone should set up a twilight tour. The cafe that Charlie always eats at is in Carver, OR, Bella's house is in St Helens, the Cullen's house is way out in the Columbia River Gorge, and the prom was in Corbett, OR.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

they do have twilight tours!!

message 25: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Your right there is a place called Portland Movie Tours who actually offer a Twilight Tour...

TWILIGHT TOUR

Ride with us to see the sites where Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Catherine Hardwicke filmed Twilight.

On the Twilight East Side Tour, you’ll see the beautiful inn where the prom scene was filmed and get to stand in the same room as the stars of the movie. While watching clips from this popular film, you’ll also journey to other locations such as "Bella" and "Charlie’s" café and the mossy rocks where "the lion fell in love with the lamb." You'll get insider information, visit beautiful Oregon sites and have opportunities to purchase Twilight souvenirs.

On the Twilight West Side Tour, we take you to the town of St. Helens, OR, where you'll see "Petite Jolie's, " the "Thunderbird and Whale" book store, the location where "Edward" saves "Bella" from some thugs, the "Swan" house and the "Bloated Toad." On this same West Side Tour, we'll take you to the high school that was used for the exterior shots, such as when "Edward" saves "Bella" from the sliding van.

Here's the link...

http://www.portlandmovietours.com/twi...

message 26: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

There is more than just that one place here but it was the first one I found...

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Lol..I saw the whole thing about Forks, and I agree, I honestly don't see the big deal with it, they're just regualr people, I think we really can't appreciate it until you actually go there. And on a side note with regards to my 3-disk edition, I was HIGHLY disappointed with the deleted scenes..Was anyone else?

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 8 comments i was goin 2 go 2 an early release of new moon but then i couldnt go at the last min. i was sooooooo upset :(

message 29: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments same here Steph..i was supposed to go to a midnight release for the dvd but cldnt because of a wedding I was in! Oh well! Eclipse is only a few months away

message 30: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments I went to one and it was a blast!!!! I waited all the way until midnight and I dragged my dad down to go with me! I think I drove him insane but he survived!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

thats soooooooo cool!!

message 32: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments ya he calls it "the ultimate sacrifice!" lol

message 33: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Bella wrote: "ya he calls it "the ultimate sacrifice!" lol"

Ultimate Sarifice lol! Well all of us who missed it will get more chances in the future. Like when Eclipse comes out!

message 34: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments I really want to go to the midnight viewing of Eclipse!!!! I wanted to go to the midnight viewing of New Moon but I had school the next day so I went the day it came out just later that day when school was over!!! Call me crazy but I even brought a Team Edward poster into the movie theater!!!!

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments LOL..That's too funny..I went to the midnight release of Twilight , but there wasn't alot of people and I think Me,my best friend, and like one other person were the only ones wearing Twilight Shirts...I would've gone to the midnight viewing of New Moon , but that was the night my boyfriend broke up with me, so lets just say my bum was on a bar stool instead of a theater seat..I hope I can make it to the Eclipse Midnight viewing. :)

message 36: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments I even had vampire fangs heehee

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

bella, thats the same reason my mom said no to me going to the New Moon dvd release, i was begging her for hours!!!!!!!!!! but im like positive im going to the eclipse premire, new moon dvd was the first step!! lol

message 38: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments My dad took me to the New Moon release so it wasn't all that great. I love my dad but he can be kind of annoying sometimes! Like he was saying bad things about Edward the whole time :(

message 39: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Natalie wrote: "LOL..That's too funny..I went to the midnight release of Twilight , but there wasn't alot of people and I think Me,my best friend, and like one other person were the only ones wearing Twilight Sh..."

Aww Natalie I hope you can make it to the premier of eclipse also....just be sure not to have any boyfriends around that time and you should be ok :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

y do u say that!!!

message 41: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments That's a good advice Krystal :D lol

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

lol im still confused, can you help?

message 43: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Abby wrote: "lol im still confused, can you help?"

lol.....Read Natalies comment above and youll understand

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Krystal wrote: "Abby wrote: "lol im still confused, can you help?"

lol.....Read Natalies comment above and youll understand"

Thanks Krystal...You're soo right..lol. I'll definitely make sure I don't have any boyfriends around the time it comes out. ;) It was was esp. hard , bc I could totally relate w/ Bella at that time, but I did see it eventually and it's kinda theraputic, tho I wished it wouldve worked out like it did for her..lol But thanks none the less..and Abby why are you confused?

message 45: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments I'll be going to go see Eclipse when it first comes out but im waiting on BD bc thats when im going all out with the contest,conventions,autograph signings etc. Whether my girlfriend at that time likes it or not lol.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

i didnt get y she said no boyfriends around bc i missed your comment above but i get it now cause krystal helped me!!!!!!!!!! (thanks Krystal) LOL