Edgy Christian Fiction Lovers discussion

New Member Introduction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_sutton) | 55 comments Mod
Edgy as in daring and profound. Truth-seeking without political correctness. Trend-setting risk taking in storylines. Stuff like that.

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 8 comments Michelle wrote: "Edgy as in daring and profound. Truth-seeking without political correctness. Trend-setting risk taking in storylines. Stuff like that."

No political correctness. lol I pray for a day when we can all write what God puts on our hearts without fear of the rubber stamp police (of any kind). :o)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamholland) I'm Amanda - I've been on Goodreads for a while but just really got involved with it this week. I am a HUGE Ted Dekker fan and I'm looking for books along those lines. Looking forward to hearing suggestions from everyone!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

There are a smorgasboard of great books these days in Christian fiction along the vein of Dekker, however, he is pretty unique. What are your favorite Dekker books? That will help me figure out what to recommend.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamholland) My favorite is probably Adam...loved Boneman's Daughters and Three as well. I love a good edge-of-your-seat mystery/suspense novel! I also like really unique books...I've read a lot of mysteries, and I don't like it when I feel like I've read the same plot with different characters. Thanks!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

You should read The Firstborn by Conlan Brown. That was amazing!