Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Extras! > Black Dagger Brotherhood - possible spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 477 (477 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Ok, I couldn't take it. These books seem popular so tell us what you liked and didn't like. Or your favorite. Be forewarned, there may be spoilers!

message 2: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments My first paranormal romance series. Probably will be my favourite, needless to say they ruined real men for me :)

It's really hard to choose just one favourite brother, JR Ward has an incredible talent in making the reader fall for all the characters I think. At least that's the case for me. But Zsadist's story, the 3rd book, is probably one step further than the rest, it was a total emotional rollercoaster, a beautifully written story. It was actually the first synopsis I read from the series that got me interested.

Hmm, I talk too much about this series. Fan much? :)

message 3: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Yeah ... Like I said they are too hot to handle. Phury may be my least favorite but that is only because I compare him to all of the other delicous Brothers. Basically BDB is a bunch of sexy vamps that take VERY good care of their women. JR Ward can write some steamy books.

message 4: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Sorry - moved it to the right place.

Shannen wrote: "Melodie wrote: "I read some of the BDB books a month or so ago. The only one that really interested me was Vishous. His sexual "proclivities" were quite fascinating."

I have the first BDB book o..."

Oh believe me after the first one the next two will fly by. Once you pop you can't stop when it comes to BDB. Def not YA but in the best possible way. It took me about halfway through Dark Lover to realize I needed them all and pronto.

message 5: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Jaimie wrote: "Oh believe me after the first one the next two will fly by. Once you pop you can't stop when it comes to BDB. Def not YA but in the best possible way. It took me about halfway through Dark Lover to realize I needed them all and pronto. "

Yep. No.Way.To.Stop. I wanted to read Z's story at first, back when I had no idea what BDB was all about,I thought the synopsis at the back cover was good, but then I decided to read from the beginning because I'm like that and now they're all lined up on my shelf in the house, safely winking at me all the time :)

message 6: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments At first I thought it was really odd that 100+ year old vamps listened to gangsta rap and used slang but it was easy to overlook in the shadow of their yummyness.

message 7: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Jaimie wrote: "At first I thought it was really odd that 100+ year old vamps listened to gangsta rap and used slang but it was easy to overlook in the shadow of their yummyness."

Yeah, I thought I couldn't get used to it either, but it's just so impossible to be stuck on that particular detail.

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Oh goodness I just finished Rhev's story and I liked it, even though I should have hated it!

message 9: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Yes! It's impossible to hate the guy :)

message 10: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Peep wrote: "Oh goodness I just finished Rhev's story and I liked it, even though I should have hated it!"

Exactly! I didn't want to find Rhev so so facinating? I don't know but he is now one of my favs.

message 11: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Mar 19, 2010 03:52PM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) It doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I didn't like so many things in that book, but I couldn't help liking it. I even wrote in my review that something is wrong with me, lol.

What book is John Thomas in? I mean when he goes in rescue his woman?

message 12: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments John MATTHEW - get it together peep - is in the next one, Lover Mine. It comes out here soon, and I am trying not to think about how much longer I have to wait until it will be in my mailbox.

message 13: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Mar 19, 2010 04:18PM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) In my defense she didn't spell it Jhan Mhatthew, so it wasn't as easy for me to remember. And there are a lot of people to remember!

And thanks for posting that, now I can't go back and edit and pretend like I don't know what you're talking about.

message 14: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments No problem - he is actually the one BDB character's name I don't have to look up to spell right, well I guess Butch is easy enough. So is that your first BDB? Because if it is I am suprised you liked it with out knowing all of the characters. There are so many by that book and they all have strange names.

message 15: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I actually read the first part of V's story but couldn't *ahem* finish it. He was admittedly more than I can handle. But curiosity got the best of me and I ended looking somewhere to at least what happened to him and the doc - which I didn't like, so I guess it was for the best. LOL.

message 16: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Yeah he has um interesting bedroom conduct, I can say that the other brothers are a little more traditional - I guess

message 17: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments The ending for V and the doc annoyed the hell out of me. Would it be too much if he ended up with the girl the traditional way? So.Friggin.Annoying.

message 18: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I can't believe she even wrote it like that. Those guys have so many problems, she could have cut them some slack. So who else has a good story?

message 19: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments You can never guess what's going to happen because it may not be something that seems at all possible - like V and the doc. That one was a little much. I think you would like the first two - Wrath's (Dark Lover) and Rhage's (Lover Eternal). I really liked Z's (Lover Awakened) once I got through it but I don't know if I would have finished it if I hadn't read the first two.

message 20: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Z's story was great, I think that might be my favourite by slightly. Rehv's was also very lovely, I love the guy. Butch was a lucky one, up until his own book I thought Marissa was a bit boring but I got to like her thanks to Butch's book. Truly, the one I was disappointed with was V's ending. The others were good, satisfying ends.
That said, can't wait for John Matthew's book! I didn't like Xhex very much before Rehv's book, but she was ok there, I might not be that annoyed reading her with John Matthew, I love that guy so much I want a really good story for him. Not to mention I want books for Blay, Qhuinn and Lassiter! :)

message 21: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Peep - you might also like her new series. It starts with Covet. Same setting as BDB but not about vamps.

message 22: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Mar 20, 2010 07:03PM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Thanks for the suggestions Gokce! I think I'll try the first two.

Jaimie I didn't even know she wrote other books, I'll have to look into that!

message 23: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Peep - I'm sure you'll enjoy them. The first one is a good start for the whole setting to sink in, you get to know everyone a little, and the second, Rhage, is a very good one. Rhage is a funny guy, can't help but love him :)

message 24: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Yeah the new series is kind of a spin off of the BDB but about a fallen angel. Some minor characters cross over as minor characters. I was bummed when it came out b/c it seemed like she was delaying JM's book for Covet but then I read it and I liked it - even though it didn't have my sexy vamps. Still supernatural and loaded with characters though.

message 25: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Thanks ladies! I will have to add them to my list to read. I picked up 6 YA books at the library the next town over. I don't know how I will find the time to read it all!

message 26: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) So my, uh, friend. Yeah my friend. You guys don't know her, you've never even met her. Complete stranger. Anywho, she just read Wrath's book and enjoyed it and was wondering if she should skip the second one to read Zsadists or read Rhage's and then Zsadists. For research purposes only of course.

message 27: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Oh, your friend should definitely read all the books :) I like Rhage a lot so I'd recommend you, uh, your friend, read the second book and then move on to Z's story. Z and Rhage's, 1st and 2nd, were the two that got me into the fandom :)

message 28: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Peep - you are not fooling ANYONE. We all know it's you!

message 29: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments yeah, read them in order or you will find stuff out that you shouldn't. They do build on each other quite a bit. Glad your, uh, friend, liked Wrath. He is pretty sexy, huh? I mean did your friend think so?

message 30: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Thanks Gokce, as soon as I see my friend again I will let her know. I'll probably see her when I'm done reading my current two YA books. Quite a Co-inky-dink if you ask me, quite a co-inky-dink....

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Peep wrote: "Thanks Gokce, as soon as I see my friend again I will let her know. I'll probably see her when I'm done reading my current two YA books. Quite a Co-inky-dink if you ask me, quite a co-inky-dink...."

Oh Pllllleeeasssee!!!

message 32: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Now the BDB are the kind of books that were made for Kindle! Then you don't have to explain them to anyone and hide behind your "friend".

message 33: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Heidi wrote: "Peep - you are not fooling ANYONE. We all know it's you!"

Hahahahahahaha. My friend thought that was funny, too.

message 34: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Jaimie wrote: "yeah, read them in order or you will find stuff out that you shouldn't. They do build on each other quite a bit. Glad your, uh, friend, liked Wrath. He is pretty sexy, huh? I mean did your friend t..."

Wrath was awesome. I liked when he just popped off his handcuffs when Butch was arresting him. Manly man!!

message 35: by Gokce G (new)

Gokce G | 52 comments Jaimie wrote: "Now the BDB are the kind of books that were made for Kindle! Then you don't have to explain them to anyone and hide behind your "friend"."

LOL. I got my sis hooked to the series and one thing she keeps complaining about is not being able to read the books in public because of the covers. Me? Bought them with men in line waiting to buy their crime novels. And I bought copies for my sis too, two of each I got every time.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) See! Another reason a Kindle is awesome. So we can read smutty books in public! Hehe!

message 37: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments So I get really annoyed when people who haven't read a book that hasn't come out yet try to tell you what will and wont be in it like they have some insider knowlege. On another group I posted something about the BDB book for JM coming out just saying you never know what to expect with JRWard and I was corrected by another member b/c in the insiders guide it said confirmed couple. Does that mean that someone can't get killed off? annoying.

message 38: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Who's the confirmed couple? Who do you think will get killed off?

message 39: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Well all I said was that I think that Xhex and JM are together b/c they are both in really dark places right now and see that in each other and who knows if they will stay together or just work out their crap and move on but apparently I am wrong because they are a confirmed couple and that they will have a mating ceremony and that JRW always follows a PNR formula of HEA.

message 40: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments The list of "confirmed couples" is as follows:
Wrath and Beth (Dark Lover)
Rhage and Mary (Lover Eternal)
Zsadist and Bella (Lover Awakened)
Butch and Marissa (Lover Revealed)
Vishous and Jane (Lover Unbound)
Phury and Cormia (Lover Enshrined)
Rehvenge and Ehlena (Lover Avenged)
JM and Xhex (Lover Mine)
Payne and Manuel Manello
Blaylock and Qhuinn

And there will be no changes of heart or variations. Because I know a lot of authors that put out complete spoilers for the rest of their books in their series.

message 41: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Don't worry, we still love you here. I think Xhex and John will be together. Not because it was written, but because I hope so. At least for John to be happy. Is this last book the final one in the series?

I have no interest so far in the others. I don't know much about the others, Payne, Manuel (Who is this Manuel?), Blaylock, or Qhuinn. I don't think I'll read about them.

Also, what is HEA?

message 42: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Happily Ever After. I hope John and Xhex are happy together too. Manuel was Doc Jane's doctor friend. You probably haven't read anything really yet on Payne, Qhuinn or Blay. Quinn and Blay are JM's best friends. Payne was introduced either in V's book or Phury's. I am excited about her. I think there are going to be a couple more in the series - I'm sure some people know exactly how many more becuase BDB fans can be a bit crazy and cult-like.

message 43: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Thanks for explaining that to me. Ugh, this is why I don't like series. Authors get you hooked and they keep coming out with more.

I know Payne fights with Wrath in Rhage's book, but they didn't really say much else.

What happened with Phury? I know that he was on drugs but how did that work out with his honey?

message 44: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments You know you're going to eventually read it but I will give you the run down.

I really didn't like Phury's book - I only finished it because there are so many developing plot lines of other characters in each book. He quits the drugs and becomes the dude that gets to sleep with all the scribe virgin's girls so they can procreate. However because he is Phury and a pain in the @ss he decides that he just can't handle sleeping with all (or really any) of these beautiful women who want nothing but to please him. He takes the one that is sort of given to him and crosses back over like a wuss and hides from the SV. I thought when Payne fought with Wrath it was later on in the series - but it's been awhile since I have read some of them.

message 45: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I don't think I'll read his book. It sounds boring. Did he end up happy? Or is his story still ongoing? And I'm sorry, "Rh" Rhev, not Rhage! It was Rhev's story in which they Wrath meets Payne.

These poor guys, JR just gave them so many problems.

message 46: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Yeah he did. I can't remember exactly how it end but Cormia (I had to look at the confirmed couples list because she was so forgetable) and him do end up together. He basically sets up a half way house for the other Chosen out in the middle of BFE so they can learn about the world. I think it is his book that Lash gets super screwed up and that is pretty important in the grand scheme of things. See thats the problem with skipping a book the smaller plot lines that become important are misseed. I ended up skimming most of the book but I really didn't like Phury. He just didn't act like a Brother to me - meaning he was a pansy.

message 47: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Oh and Wrath kind of kicks him out of the Brotherhood. That's why he takes the job of sleeping with the chosen. Well that and the SV was trying to make V do it but he already had his woman.

message 48: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) So why was he celibate in the first place? It's weird because Phury was kind of tough in the beginning. Wait, this is Zsadists twin right? I like you Jaimie, you give me answers. Oh and since I read the last book I found out what Lash had become.

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi This series sounds psycho!

message 50: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I said it was like a soap opera! But just think of it as sounding crazier than it is.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10