Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

News, Updates, & Contests > "The Lucky One", next movie.

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1 comments I didn't know about the Lucky One! Wow, Sparks is really going places with his movies! I don't know about ya'll, but I thought that True Believer and At First Sight were the least interesting reads of his. But I do love them all! I just finished the Guardian, and I must say I would be FIRST in line to see the movie!

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula "The Notebook" is still my favorite but "The Guardian" is a close second. : )

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaalgeo) | 1 comments Have any of you read "The Wedding"? It is my all time favorite movie, unfortunately it can never be made into a movie because it is a sequel to "The Notebook" and in the actual book Noah doesn't die so he is in "The Wedding"

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments I thought The Notebook would be a lot sadder! I expected a lot from it. It wasn't that great. Everyone said the movie was one of the saddest, so I was kind of disappointed. My favorites are Dear John, The Last Song, and The Choice! I also loved The Lucky One, and I can't wait to see it!

message 5: by Lise-Marie (last edited Mar 25, 2010 05:32AM) (new)

Lise-Marie Lia (lisee-mariee) Courtney: I loved The Last Song too! Amazing.

And I loved The Lucky One! Can't wait to see it, so excited.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (tx_mom_) | 3 comments i have purchased the "the lucky one" i just have the chance to download it yet. i hope it diiferent from his other books. thats the whole reason i didn't want to read romance in the first place. i thought it would be the same boring over and over agin

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (alwayschey98) | 22 comments Courtney wrote: "I thought The Notebook would be a lot sadder! I expected a lot from it. It wasn't that great. Everyone said the movie was one of the saddest, so I was kind of disappointed. My favorites are Dear Jo..."

Those are my favorites too! I havent read the Lucky One.. I read the description and I didnt think it sounded that good, but beings we like the same ones and u like the Lucky One I guess I will have to try it!

message 8: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Paige (authorlindsaypaige) I'm so excited about this movie!!!

message 9: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
me too! All Sparks movies are amazing!

message 10: by eMiLy ¡¡™ (new)

eMiLy ¡¡™ (e97shortstuff) | 58 comments The Lucky One is coming out in a movie
no way i love the lucky one i am soooooooooooooo excited

message 11: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments yes its finally coming out. when is it coming out

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments All his books are fantastic as well as the movies!

message 13: by eMiLy ¡¡™ (new)

eMiLy ¡¡™ (e97shortstuff) | 58 comments I know. I am getting anxious

message 14: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments i hope miley cyrus doesnt play a charater in the movie

message 15: by eMiLy ¡¡™ (new)

eMiLy ¡¡™ (e97shortstuff) | 58 comments True

message 16: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments no i loved the book. i just dont want mc in anymore Ns movies because she cant act if her life depended on it

message 17: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (alwayschey98) | 22 comments Anyone else notice that, on the Nicholas Sparks site, under the movies, it shows all of the covers, and both stars of all of his movies are shown.. together, in very intimate pictures? Ex: Miley & Liam are kissing, Shane West & Mandy Moore are embracing, Ryan & Rachel M. are kissing in the rain? They are all such beautifully written books, and amazing movies. *Sigh*

message 18: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments ok then

message 19: by eMiLy ¡¡™ (new)

eMiLy ¡¡™ (e97shortstuff) | 58 comments lol

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) The Lucky One was the first book that I read my NS and I have been waiting for this! When I read this post I almost let out a woohoo right in the office LOL. Thanks for the info!!!!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 22 comments This actually wasn't one of my favorites, I just thought it was okay. It will be interesting to see how the movie pans out.

message 22: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Paige (authorlindsaypaige) I just discovered that Zac Efron will play in The Lucky One....

message 23: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
Not good news IMHO.

message 24: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments You should definitely check out the other thread on this topic
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Joyner | 6 comments I just hope that they do not kill the book for the movies I love The Notebook and the movie was not to bad and a walk to remember stayed pretty true to the book but nights in rodanthe got killed loved the book hated the movie will go see them all anyway but just hope they keep it close

message 26: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments when ius the lucky one coming out and a walk to remeber was different from the book i thought

message 27: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
I just bought the lucky one so it's nice to see it will be a movie soon!

Jess | A Book to Remember  (abooktoremember_jess) So I'm wondering why some people joined this group that don't seem to really be a big fan of his and love his books? I own and read all of his books so far (besides Wokini) and am a big fan of his and all his work! Although I liked some stories better than others, I love them all and the way he tells stories!

I am very excited for this movie!! And wish all his books were made into movies! I totally agree of The Guardian it was one of my favorites! I just wonder if they would have to change the name because of another movie named the Guardian starring Ashton Kutcher which was a very good movie by the way!

Oh and to Sierra: I just looked at his site after you said that and it's funny that three of the movies they are facing each other looking into each other's eyes about to kiss and the other three the guys are holding the girls!

message 29: by Kmwwjd (new)

Kmwwjd | 1 comments I just read The Lucky One, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't know it was becoming a movie, but I must say I am disappointed in the choice of actors for the main character. I just don't see Zack Effron as a marine I kind of think that will ruin the movie for me, but who knows.

message 30: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (lttlegel) I agree with Kmwwjd - I wish they'd use Channing Tatum again, like they did in Dear John, he was perfect!

message 31: by Peanutsmommy (new)

Peanutsmommy | 5 comments Lots of good books being made into movies. All except A Bend In The Road. I think that would make a great movie.

message 32: by Quina (new)

Quina (aprettystory) (msquina) Peanutsmommy wrote: "Lots of good books being made into movies. All except A Bend In The Road. I think that would make a great movie."

I agree with you, I thought the same thing when I read it.

message 33: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Cassandra (kaysantos2) | 1 comments confirmed!! zac efron will be the leading man in "the lucky one" and itll be showing next year :) can't wait to watch. but i must read the book first :)

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I can't wait to see that movie

message 35: by Pato (new)

Pato (pmvbooks) | 3 comments I am reading the book Now and just want to see the movie I just got a feeling t many scenes would be cut out

message 36: by Cams (new)

Cams (thedaydreamreader) Pato wrote: "I am reading the book Now and just want to see the movie I just got a feeling t many scenes would be cut out"

yes. and a lot of scenes from the book were revised in the movie. :/

message 37: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I saw that movie today and I thought it was good

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know how I feel about the movie