What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about nuclear war

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy S | 15 comments This is a longshot...but I'm going to try it. This was in a Reader's Digest Condensed Book, you know the kind with three books in it. Anyway, I read it in the late eighties, so it's been a while. I remember there was a nuclear situation, and a woman was alone in a basement trying to figure out what to do. It followed two or three characters/families. They were trying to find other people. I did not get to finish the book, so I don't know how it ended.

message 2: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments Any of these titles look familiar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reader%2... ?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
That wiki page is really a great resource. Amy, do any of those books look familiar?

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2087 comments I read one such book as a "Condensed book": "Tomorrow!" by Philip Wylie http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21...

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I sent Amy a PM telling her about responses. Since she didn't come back after Kaion's suggestion, I'm thinking that her email filters sent the notice to Spam and she didn't realize that she'd had responses. She is still active, so we might hear back from her.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy S | 15 comments Hi everyone, I appreciate greatly your help and suggestions. I have not had time to research all the readers digest links (I am a teacher and back to school is killing me lol) so I will do it as soon as possible. Thank you for your suggestions.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Amy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response in nearly 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.