Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > The Best Bodice Rippers List

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennefer (new)

Jennefer (jenneferpracticex3) | 444 comments Mod
Jeanine wrote: "I have created this list for all of us so we can share what we consider the best Bodice Rippers - I'm defining that as my five star reviews. :)"

Great idea Jeanine! I love it!

message 2: by JennyG (last edited Mar 19, 2010 06:13AM) (new)

JennyG | 170 comments Love the idea of a bodice ripper list! Thank you for making yours Jeanine. :)

Since I don't like/read bodice rippers featuring heroine who gets raped by another man/men or who has multiple partners I decided to start creating a bodice ripper list that features a virgin heroine whose one and only lover is the hero, no rape by another man/men.

Here is the link: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/47...

I'll be adding more to it with time. I am a bit confused about which books qualify as the bodice rippers.

If you notice any mistakes or have books to add to my list please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you. Happy reading!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin Higgins (arsinoe) | 5 comments I like your list. I've read many but definitely not all of your list. Bertrice Small is a favorite of mine along with Laurie McBain. Jude Devereaux is good too. I haven't read Shirlee Busbee. I like Lynn Kurland with her historicals/time traveling stories.

message 4: by Jena (aka Tina) (last edited May 20, 2010 02:31PM) (new)

Jena (aka Tina) (jenagena) | 1 comments Is there a list for a bodice ripper romance where the hero remains faithful to the heroine?

Abusive, crazy plot lines, rapes, all of that I can handle no problem. :)

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
Our group bookshelf has a "no cheating" shelf that we've been adding to as we read books that qualify.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 839 comments Mod
Jeanine wrote: "I have created this list for all of us so we can share what we consider the best Bodice Rippers - I'm defining that as my five star reviews. :)"

jeanine..what a great idea!!not only for those new to Bodice ripper/older romances...but those of us who still have / search for or see ones they missed and have to find! :)love it!

message 7: by Melita (new)

Melita (prodigalofblue) | 12 comments Jennyg wrote: "Love the idea of a bodice ripper list! Thank you for making yours Jeanine. :)

Since I don't like/read bodice rippers featuring heroine who gets raped by another man/men or who has multiple partner..."

Thanks for the list...I'm gonna have to get copies of the books I haven't read!

message 8: by Melita (new)

Melita (prodigalofblue) | 12 comments Jeanine wrote: "I have created this list for all of us so we can share what we consider the best Bodice Rippers - I'm defining that as my five star reviews. :)"

Thanks for the list!

message 9: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 170 comments Can you add a shelf for books in which the heroine is raped by another man/men?

I would like to know in which books this happens so I can avoid them.

Thank you.

message 10: by Karla (new)

JennyG, I've added a "heroine raped by others" shelf on the group bookshelf, but it will be up to members to remember to add to books to it.

message 11: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 214 comments Karla, you might as well add all of Rosemary Rogers' books to that list right away. ;D

message 12: by Karla (new)

LOL! Good point. :P

message 13: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 170 comments Thank you Karla.

message 14: by Jen (new)

Jen Pezzotti | 1 comments Jenny G - Thanks for the list. I really don't like the heroine being raped by somebody other than the hero.