Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Member Reading Lists and Reviews > Jennefer's Review's

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennefer (last edited Mar 17, 2010 12:34PM) (new)

Jennefer (jenneferpracticex3) | 444 comments Mod
Ok I am not so good at reviews. I am going to use this space to list my bodice rippers I read and try to at least add a little blurb of sorts.

message 2: by Jennefer (new)

WHITNEY MY LOVE by Judith McNaught
WHITNEY MY LOVE by Judith McNaught

I have been wanting to read this for a while to find out what all the fuss was about it. I even picked up a copy of the rewritten version at the library so I could compare the rewritten scenes. I think it should have been left how it was. I thought it was just fine. I really enjoyed this book and I think I am going to hang onto my 1985 version and pretend it was never rewritten! LOL I am sure I will be rereading this again in the future.

message 3: by Jennefer (last edited Apr 20, 2010 09:20PM) (new)

A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss
A Rose in Winter by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

It seems to me that I should have enjoyed this more than I did. All the elements were there for me to really love it.... but I just didn't. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it. I like the beauty and the beast/phantom of the opera element to it and enjoyed Kathleen Woodiwiss's writing as always but..... ??? just can't put my finger on it. Oh well.

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 214 comments Jennefer wrote: "Ok I am not so good at reviews. I am going to use this space to list my bodice rippers I read and try to at least add a little blurb of sorts."

Your reviews are just fine -- good for you to post them! They make me want to talk about the books with you (they are 2 of my all time faves) which is one of the reasons to post them, right?

message 5: by Jennefer (new)

Awe, thanks for the kind words Tammy! You are right! That is one of the many wonderful reasons to post reviews!
xoxo

message 6: by Jennefer (new)

Flowers of Fire by Stephanie Blake
Flowers of Fire by Stephanie Blake
Check out my review here.

As frustrating as this book was I still really want to read Secret Sins. Call me crazy! I think I might enjoy it more now that I understand the authors writing style, and that the author is a he and has no understanding of romance or how a woman thinks! Ha!

message 7: by Jennefer (last edited May 09, 2010 08:33PM) (new)

Hide My Savage Heart by Gimone Hall
Hide My Savage Heart by Gimone Hall

Check out my review here.

Loved this one! I also have Jasmine Veil by this author which just got bumped up nearer the top of Mt. TBR. I am really excited to read more of her work!

message 8: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
I'd love to know what the cover is like! I can't find it online anywhere.

message 9: by Jennefer (new)

I think I have a scanner up in a closet somewhere someone gave us that we never hooked up to our computer cuz we didn't have a use for it (my hubby and I, I think it was his aunt that gave it to us).... I am going to try to convince him to hunt it down and hook it up for me so I can scan it and others that I have. Now that I have my handy dandy librarian status I can put that thing to use! :)

message 10: by Karla (new)

That librarian status becomes addictive - you feel so responsible! :D

message 11: by Jennefer (new)

There you go Karla! Got it uploaded (and a bunch more that I had! I think I spent 2 or 3 hours uploading covers and updating descriptions this afternoon LOL)

message 12: by Karla (new)

Jennefer wrote: "I think I spent 2 or 3 hours uploading covers and updating descriptions this afternoon LOL)"

Before I got a fast home connection, that's what I did at work every morning after getting a batch of books. :D