Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jess (last edited Mar 17, 2010 06:50AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This thread is for people who would like to re-read the Sookie Stackhouse series before the newest book Dead in the Family is released on: May 4th Also, please feel free to make comments and/or predictions about the newest book.

Please be aware, this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris A Touch of Dead (Southern Vampire Mystery Short Stories) by Charlaine Harris Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

this is being put out early because of the amount of books in the series to re-read. Starting now, people could do a book a week before the newest is released

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat (shynet5025) Dead to the world was my Fav.. I am down I have to get ready for true blood in June anyway

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I don't see her writing anything better than DEAD TO THE WORLD, in my book!! If she writes another "all-Eric-all-the-time" book then maybe! Looking forward to DEAD IN THE FAMILY. I'll reread CLUB DEAD before the next season of True Blood starts.

message 4: by Cat (new)

Cat (shynet5025) Melodie wrote: "I don't see her writing anything better than DEAD TO THE WORLD, in my book!! If she writes another "all-Eric-all-the-time" book then maybe! Looking forward to DEAD IN THE FAMILY. I'll reread CLU..."

She had the first chapter of Dead in the Family on her website did you take a look at that. I am so looking forward to it as well. I pre-ordered it Months ago.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Catherine wrote: "Melodie wrote: "I don't see her writing anything better than DEAD TO THE WORLD, in my book!! If she writes another "all-Eric-all-the-time" book then maybe! Looking forward to DEAD IN THE FAMILY. ..."

Yes, I did read that some time back. It didn't really say too much, so I'm still anxious for it. I've had it on order forever, too. For anyone who's interested, Amazon has it for $12.00!

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan Melodie wrote: "I don't see her writing anything better than DEAD TO THE WORLD, in my book!! If she writes another "all-Eric-all-the-time" book then maybe! Looking forward to DEAD IN THE FAMILY. I'll reread CLU..."

lol, "all-eric-all-the-time" sounds good to me, can't get enough of that guy. Someone on ebay is selling an Advanced Reading Copy of Dead in the Family and it is killing me that I can't buy it. If anyway gets their paws on it, email me and let me know what happens! I'm sick of being patient.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (akaMonkee) | 46 comments I have to read the last to refresh my memory a bit before the new one. So excited!

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments Melodie wrote: "I don't see her writing anything better than DEAD TO THE WORLD, in my book!! If she writes another "all-Eric-all-the-time" book then maybe! Looking forward to DEAD IN THE FAMILY. I'll reread CLU..."

Me too Melodie. That's my favorite book also. I would love for Eric and Sookie to maybe go on vacation away from everyone and just have the two of them in the book. Hmmmmm....

message 9: by Cat (new)

Cat (shynet5025) I think what we are all really saying is that if it was just eric and sookie we would love it because it would be so much easire for us to put oueselves in there also he is just sooo hot

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "lol, "all-eric-all-the-time" sounds good to me, can't get enough of that guy. Someone on ebay is selling an Advanced Reading Copy of Dead in the Family and it is killing me that I can't buy it. If anyway gets their paws on it, email me and let me know what happens! I'm sick of being patient...."

I've seen several ARCs of DEAD IN THE FAMILY sell on eBay. All have gone for well over $200.00 each. I'm anxious, but not THAT anxious!!

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan lol, i know, it was only up to $36 but I knew buy the time it ended it was going to be waaaayyyyy out of my price range, lol.

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Stephanie wrote: "I have to read the last to refresh my memory a bit before the new one. So excited!"

I will re-read before the new season of True Blood. And I'm not sure how far back I will read for the newest book.

I haven't read the whole series in awhile. Maybe I will start with the first and work my way through.

Although ladies I have to agree, the fourth book is by far my favorite. Maybe the newest will have more Eric :)

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I'm just so afraid his maker's going to show up and mess things up for him and Sookie.

message 14: by Jess (last edited Mar 19, 2010 09:40AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Sarah ~Sehrenity~ wrote: "I'm just so afraid his maker's going to show up and mess things up for him and Sookie."

Unfortunately, as much as I might wish it, I don't think there's going to be a happy ending for Sookie and Eric. I think the author has some stuff up her sleeve to separate them :(

Hopefully I'm wrong.

message 15: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I think my favorite book in this series was Club Dead. I have no idea what the next book will bring. I hope the next book will have a clear focus while I enjoyed the last two I felt like there are transitional books. I need CH to make some choices either Eric and sookie are in love or they are not choose and lets move on.

Also I am ready for Sookie to have her own battle instead of supporting other people's fights. So I am hoping Gramps can bring some drama.

message 16: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Dawn wrote: "I think my favorite book in this series was Club Dead. I have no idea what the next book will bring. I hope the next book will have a clear focus while I enjoyed the last two I felt like there are ..."

I agree with everything you said! The fact that Sookie has had a many of partners while CH is trying to decide what to do about Eric is annoying. It is the 10th book in the series. The suspense has been long enough.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Dawn wrote: "I think my favorite book in this series was Club Dead. I have no idea what the next book will bring. I hope the next book will have a clear focus while I enjoyed the last two I felt like there are ..."

I agree. I'm tired of flip-flopping around. I remember seeing an interview with Harris somewhere, and she said that she does know how it ends.

So maybe she's moving forward to that point. I sort of felt the last book was a transition point to move forward through the next few storylines.

I hope we get a resolution in this book. But also, I hope it's with Eric lol!

message 18: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Don't get me wrong I am totally on team Eric, I think I was hooked when she figured out she could hear his thoughts, was that is the 1st or 2nd book?

Plus CH could do it real neat we have a special kid maybe Sookie can have him and Eric hello instant family LOL - granted it is not normal but neither is Sookie.

message 19: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Love this series! And I know that I need to re-read at least the last few books of the series before the new one comes out. But first I need to get through the Patricia Briggs and BDB series! I really don't remember half of what happened in the last book, so that's a must read.

message 20: by Lela (new)

Lela Gwenn (gwenn) | 6 comments I love Eric...the shower scene is a guaranteed winner, but I really don't think that Quinn got a fair shake!

message 21: by Sarah (last edited Apr 08, 2010 01:23PM) (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "Love this series! And I know that I need to re-read at least the last few books of the series before the new one comes out."

I totally agree! There are so many characters and varying subplots that it can be hard to keep up when I'm reading, let alone a whole year later! LOL!

I have to say that I'm definitely on Team Eric! The only other guy that I even remotely liked as a match for Sookie was Alcide.

message 22: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I like Alcide at first, but the fact that he kept going back to his psycho ex-girlfriend really bothered me! Reminded me way too much of an ex-boyfriend of mine that kept doing that same thing.

But honestly, I haven't even picked up a Sookie book since last year when the last one came out. I've forgotten a ton of the details. right now I'm trying to finish up re-reading all of the BDB books but as soon as I've finished them, I'll start with my re-read of this series.

message 23: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments You know I never like Quinn, I justed could not get past the babe thing. However Sookie did do him dirty I am torn about because on the one hand who wants to play third fiddle? I mean he ran after him mom and Sookie does not hear from him for months I think it was. On the other hand his mom is nuts and it was not like she could look after herself properly. Personally I think CH wrote him off because he does not fit into the new story arc.

Kelly Anne I totally agree about Alcide!

message 24: by Jess (last edited Apr 09, 2010 09:28AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Dawn wrote: "You know I never like Quinn, I justed could not get past the babe thing. However Sookie did do him dirty I am torn about because on the one hand who wants to play third fiddle? I mean he ran after ..."

I never really liked him either, but then I'm biased because I've always liked Eric. I can't remember but I think I disliked Bill as well. He was too "daddy figure" for me. eek.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I would love for Eric to be her HEA.....

@ Dawn - I never like Quinn either...the Babe thing drove me nuts

@ Jess I never really liked Bill, did not like how he treated her and the fact that he did not try to stop Longshadow from trying to kill her in the first book....

message 26: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments I love in True Blood, how Bill tries to be all big and bad to Eric, but he is like a foot shorter! It always makes me laugh.

message 27: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "I love in True Blood, how Bill tries to be all big and bad to Eric, but he is like a foot shorter! It always makes me laugh."

Me, too! They try to make him look not quite so short with the camera angles, but it just doesn't work.

message 28: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Melodie wrote: "Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "I love in True Blood, how Bill tries to be all big and bad to Eric, but he is like a foot shorter! It always makes me laugh."

Me, too! They try to make him look..."

Nope! Never. It is just so darn hilarious.

message 29: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "I love in True Blood, how Bill tries to be all big and bad to Eric, but he is like a foot shorter! It always makes me laugh."

Oh I know that's so darn funny!!! But does anyone notice that sometimes they can't get Eric in the whole frame. He's huge. So they have to pan up to get his face, especially if he's standing next to Sookie.

But I think Bill on the show annoys me even more. He's so BORING. Every time he comes on screen I want to just go to sleep.

message 30: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Jess wrote: "Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "I love in True Blood, how Bill tries to be all big and bad to Eric, but he is like a foot shorter! It always makes me laugh."

Oh I know that's so darn funny!!! But..."

I know and I hate that. He hunches or slouches a lot and that's why....because he's so much bigger than everyone else. And I just HATE to see all that miles of gorgeous man hunch!

message 31: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments I know! My dad and his wife watch it as well so that we can collaborate, and last time I talked to him I said I couldn't understand why real life Sookie (Anna) would choose to be engaged to or marry (Did she ever mary him?) Bill when HELLO! tall and gorgeous is in her bed? She must be crazy.

message 32: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "I know! My dad and his wife watch it as well so that we can collaborate, and last time I talked to him I said I couldn't understand why real life Sookie (Anna) would choose to be engaged to or marr..."

I agree!!!!! He's such a dud, I can't imagine him being interesting in real life when he can't even fake excitement for a show. What a bore. I would have picked beautiful Erik.. I have no idea what his real name is, but it doesn't matter lol.

message 33: by Lela (new)

Lela Gwenn (gwenn) | 6 comments I've only seen season 1 of Tru Blood, but honestly I was disappointed in the casting of Eric...of course no human man will live up to the picture of perfection that I have in my head...

message 34: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Gwen, I must say what others are thinking. Are you crazy! :P

message 35: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Gwen wrote: "I've only seen season 1 of Tru Blood, but honestly I was disappointed in the casting of Eric...of course no human man will live up to the picture of perfection that I have in my head..."

I was disappointed at first with the idea of Alex Skarsgaard as Eric because the only thing I had to associate him with was the show that HBO did about the Iraq war. Once I actually saw him as Eric, tho, it was different. Admittedly I would rather see Eric with the long blonde hair I've always imagined from the books.

message 36: by MsBeaglely (new)

MsBeaglely | 50 comments Melodie wrote: "Gwen wrote: "I've only seen season 1 of Tru Blood, but honestly I was disappointed in the casting of Eric...of course no human man will live up to the picture of perfection that I have in my head....."

I like Alex Skarsgaard, I'm just not sure I like him as Eric. I was not impressed with the character in the first season. However, I must admit, I like him so much better now that he cut his hair. He did grow on me during the second season, but he is still not what I envisioned Eric to be. I do think they were way off base with the casting of Pam though. The actress cast is much older (or at least looks much older) that the character in the book. I thought she was in her late teens/early twenties in the book.

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I feel the same, Jen. I like Alex Skarsgaard, but he's not how I see Eric. The haircut seemed to have helped, as well as the Godric story.

message 38: by MissSusie (last edited Apr 13, 2010 01:04PM) (new)

MissSusie | 54 comments Nichole wrote: "I would love for Eric to be her HEA.....

@ Dawn - I never like Quinn either...the Babe thing drove me nuts

@ Jess I never really liked Bill, did not like how he treated her and the fact that he d..."

I know the whole babe thing drove me nuts too all I could think was your not Ranger from the Stephanie Plum books he can pull it off!Janet Evanovich

message 39: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 106 comments Jess wrote: "Dawn wrote: "You know I never like Quinn, I justed could not get past the babe thing. However Sookie did do him dirty I am torn about because on the one hand who wants to play third fiddle? I mean ..."

I was never a Quinn fan either. Always liked Eric...

message 40: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I have no idea when I'm going to have time to get around to this re-read! A few days after the new book comes out I am going to be in Hawaii for about 12 day. Maybe I'll fill my suitcase up with the whole series and read it while I sit on the beach! lol, good thing I have most of them in paperback!

message 41: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Kelley Anne you are so lucky!

message 42: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "I have no idea when I'm going to have time to get around to this re-read! A few days after the new book comes out I am going to be in Hawaii for about 12 day. Maybe I'll fill my suitcase up with ..."

LOL. I would say to do that, but now you have to pay for carry ons and what if your luggage gets lost! I would cry if I lost my set of these books.

message 43: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, I wont be going on an airline that charges for carry on. Plus I'm actually flying standby so I have to carry on my bag. Don't trust to check it when you fly standby!

message 44: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 113 comments Catherine wrote: "Melodie wrote: "I don't see her writing anything better than DEAD TO THE WORLD, in my book!! If she writes another "all-Eric-all-the-time" book then maybe! Looking forward to DEAD IN THE FAMILY. ..."

Thanks Catherine, I will have to take a look at her website.

message 45: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 113 comments OK, so I have read all the books. But I can't remember whats happens in Dead to the World, and why it is everyone's favorite.
Unless..... Is it the one in which Eric loses his memory, and Sookie takes care of him. In everyway possible?

If it is.....then that is my favorite book too.

message 46: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 113 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "I have no idea when I'm going to have time to get around to this re-read! A few days after the new book comes out I am going to be in Hawaii for about 12 day. Maybe I'll fill my suitcase up with ..."

Kelley Anne, I hope you have a blast on your vacation. Hawaii, is one of my favorite places in the world. Which island are you going to?

message 47: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 113 comments Jen wrote: "Melodie wrote: "Gwen wrote: "I've only seen season 1 of Tru Blood, but honestly I was disappointed in the casting of Eric...of course no human man will live up to the picture of perfection that I h..."

I didn't like him in season one. I don't think that they spent to much money on the series then. In one scene, Eric is sitting in his office, and you can totally see the line on his forehead were his wig was glued on. YUCK

I bet now that the show is such a hit, the wigs will get better. Maybe not, look at LOST....ha ha

message 48: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Leslie wrote: "OK, so I have read all the books. But I can't remember whats happens in Dead to the World, and why it is everyone's favorite.
Unless..... Is it the one in which Eric loses his memory, and Sookie ..."

That's the one!

message 49: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments I LOVED that book.

message 50: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Did anyone read the review on Dead in the Familyon http://www.paperbackdolls.com/ ?

After reading that I need to reread a few books things get dicey in my mind after All Together Dead. I do not remember Sookie being tortured by the fae and I thought Eric claimed Sookie but like in a backhanded way??

« previous 1