Christian Support Group :) discussion

The Bible > Favorite Bible Verses or Stories

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

one of my favorite verses (well, no duh - lol) :)

message 2: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
That's also a good one :)

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
Isaiah 40:31

message 4: by Nikita (last edited Apr 13, 2010 08:00PM) (new)

Nikita (cathi_v) I really like the ones that are pure poetry/insight, like Wisdom 17:12-13
"For fear is nought but the surrender of the helps that come from reason;
and the more one's expectation is of itself uncertain,
the more one makes of not knowing the cause that brings on torment."

And like Wisdom 17: 18 as well
"And were it only the whistling wind,
or the melodious song of birds in the spreading branches,
Or the steady sound of rushing water,
or the rude crash of verthrown rocks,
Or the unseen gallop of bounding animals
or the roaring cry of the fiercest beasts
Or an echo resounding from the hollow of the hills."

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Omw THANK YOU ALEX THAT GAVE ME A SONG IDEEEEEAAAA!!!!!

message 6: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (last edited Apr 14, 2010 06:45AM) (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
she does :D

love that one from john . . .

i also like this passage from matthew, where peter is walking on the water toward Christ, and how when he starts to sink Christ just reaches out and grabs him :)

"But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:30-31)

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Way to speak up for me, Raven. You stole my bug moment. *glares*

*clears throat* Why yes, Alex, I write songs :)

message 8: by Sandy (new)

HAHAHAHA my bug moment. I mean big. LOL!

message 9: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
your bug moment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD

well, she asked if you wrote songs and you didn't get to answer right away so i did.

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Right. You answered like less than 15 minutes later. Of COURSE I didn't get a chance to answer. :D

message 11: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Kanna (yumi-sama) | 5 comments My favorite bible story is the story of Esther

message 12: by Sandy (new)

I will now speak for Raven: That's her favorite story too! :D *sings* Gotchaaaaaaa… :D

message 13: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Kanna (yumi-sama) | 5 comments ^^ Happiness.....I'm at school right now and the 4 people in the room with me are acting inapropriate, and somebody set off a stink bomb in the school this morning

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Oh dear. Glad to be homeschooled :) Well, it's not always so peaceful here, you should see the stuff that goes on in this house… :D

message 15: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Kanna (yumi-sama) | 5 comments I just got home Hurray no more stinky hallways

message 16: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) You guys are allowed on computers during school?

message 17: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Kanna (yumi-sama) | 5 comments yeah...Why?

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Wait, what are we saying that deserves an "ew?"

message 19: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Kiki wrote: "My favorite bible story is the story of Esther"

Esther is cool.

She was so brave.

One time at my old church though we had to do a musical on the story. So not only were we learning it but we were singing choruses like "Esther-ordinary day" or "like the queen of persia show your versia of Esther-ordinary faith."
(versia=version it just rhymes better with persia."

message 20: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Alex-wa wrote: "I'm at school right now, and the the people around me are reading the comments and they're like, "Eww!!!" haha that's the sort of fun we get to have everyday in the Christian Support Group! lol"

it was keyboarding right?
And what were they saying "Eww" about?

message 21: by Kiki (new)

Kiki Kanna (yumi-sama) | 5 comments Ugh.....I wnet back to school today and it still stank...thank god that we invented Air freshner

message 22: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Jeremiah 29:11

message 23: by Sandy (new)

*copies verse for the lazy people who will read this discussion and not want to look it up* ‘For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

message 24: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments My favorite bible verses is: Psalms 46: 1

"God is our refuge and our strength, A very present help in trouble"

message 25: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments This is one of my favorites (obviously).

"For God so loved the world that he gave us his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life."- John 3:16

message 26: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

message 27: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)"
— Various (Holy Bible: King James Version -LDS Edition)

message 28: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."
— George Washington

message 29: by Sandy (new)

Aoibheann wrote: ""It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."
— George Washington"

Omgoodness the media would so hate that!

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments you're right- though its sad.

message 31: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments I don't care whether the media hates that or not. It's the truth and nothing but the truth.

message 32: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments "Above all else, guard your heart for it affects everything else you do.Proverbs 4:23"

message 33: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: But a woman who fears the Lord,
She shall be praised."
— Proverbs 31:30

message 34: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to help you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart: never lean on your own understandings. In all of your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

"I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who lives but Christ lives in me. And the life which I know live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and delivered Himself up for me."

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, from Heaven I wil hear and forgive their sins."

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock and if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and sup with him, and he with me."

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

message 35: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments Also, this is not a Bible verse, but a benediction:

"The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up the light of His countenance upon you and every day of your life give you peace."

message 36: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments Alex-wa wrote: "Wow! That verse is painted in the girls bathroom in the youth room hallway at my church."

That's funny!

message 37: by Sandy (new)

Isaiah 43 I think, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are mine! When you walk through the waters, I will be there…" (I love this verse, I'm writing a song on it now)

message 38: by Aquanetta (new)

Aquanetta (frightening) | 15 comments He who testifies to these things says, "Yes I am coming soon."
Amen. Come Lord Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

Revelation. The last two verses of the Bible.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Aoibheann wrote: ""And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)"
— Various (Holy Bible: King James Version -LDS Edition)"

Aoibheann wrote: ""Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.""

Those are two of my favorites!

I love the story of the Prodigal Son. :D

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Yeah she hasn't been on for ages..

message 42: by Sandy (new)

Oooooh me too! Until last Tuesday my parents randomly decided to let me and my sister get accounts. :)

message 43: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Alex-wa wrote: "Wow! That verse is painted in the girls bathroom in the youth room hallway at my church."

How cool is that!

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments *sticks tongue out* (that's the second time I've done that!)

message 45: by you know (new)

you know that you want my books ;) 35Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

message 46: by Dibily Do (last edited Jul 28, 2010 08:20AM) (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments I like/love this one: John 1:5= The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments That's good.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments I do too. :)

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments I meant the quote was good- sorry for any confusion!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Don't worry. We all know what you mean. :D

« previous 1 3