This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

The fumes!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It's that time of year again and my house is OVER-RUN by fucking ants. Disgusting. I just found a trail and sprayed the daylights out of it. It was pretty satisfying watching them die. Except I got so overzealous that I sprayed several baby toys. Then I threw them out. Now the fumes are overpowering me. I can only hold my breath for about a sentence and then I have to stop typing so I can breathe into my elbow pit. This sucks. I paid for professionals last spring, thinking that would help. But it's just as bad this year as it was last year. You can kill a few ants. But you can never really get rid of them. They just send out more. Wiley little fuckers.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Actually, only queen ants fuck, and then only once (though with multiple partners). So technically, your house is overrun by non-fucking ants.

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No wonder they're so hyper-focused and driven towards their goal.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments if i were you... i will track one of the ants back to the nest... mark it's location, go to the gas station... buy a few gallons of gasoline... go back to the ant nest this time with a shovel, gas and matches... and just go SS on the little fucks! but since you are... well ermm... white... i'm guessing you will go with a more green solution... like bringing an ant eater from wherever the fuck anteaters are from... and then wait for nature to take it's course...

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments If I could find the nest and set those fuckers little bastards on fire I would do it in a second. But since I'm white my tracking skills are laughable.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i'm pretty sure that they sell some poison that you just spread around the little fucks and when they take it back home they die a slow horrible death... i'm not sure that is very green tho...

message 7: by smetchie (last edited Mar 16, 2010 07:03PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I don't give a fuck about green. Only that it doesn't kill my children. I've had the poison you're describing liberally applied every 3-4 months since last spring. I'm telling you, Alfonso. You cannot get rid of ants.

message 8: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Give each of your children their own Dust Devils. Make it game to vacuum themselves and the floor around them when they eat. Once the ants can't find crumbs they'll leave on their own. Also, seal pantry stuff in tins or jars, or stick them in the fridge if you have room.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments HAHAHAHHAHA.... back on DR somebody told me the same thing... i didnt spread poison tho... i did the gasoline thing... it worked like a charm... and i got to feel like a genocidal psycho... it was cool =)

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Alfonso wrote: "if i were you... i will track one of the ants back to the nest... mark it's location, go to the gas station... buy a few gallons of gasoline... go back to the ant nest this time with a shovel, gas ..."

Drenching a fire ant hill with a couple gallons of gas and then igniting it is remarkably unspectacular and has very little effect on the ants.

Or so i hear.

message 12: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Gretchen wrote: "I don't give a fuck about green. Only that it doesn't kill my children."

Gretchen rules.