Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > To-Read List

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Catherine (SpaceCatherine) | 8 comments This is extremely dorky, but I have been making an effort to read books starting at the older end of my to-read list. This way there is a rhyme and reason, and I like putting things in order. But I looked at my To-Read list today and it's ALL OUT OF ORDER. The oldest book on the list, which should be on page nine, suddenly showed up on page one, next to something I just added a moment ago! Why the change? And is it possible to put it back?

message 2: by rivka, librarian moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

rivka | 12269 comments Mod
You probably used one of the sort functions. Try using the "main" view of that shelf, and click on "date added." You may have to click twice to get it to show oldest last. (Unless you prefer to see oldest first.)

message 3: by Catherine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Catherine (SpaceCatherine) | 8 comments Thank you for your help. I fiddled with it for a moment and got my order back, although now it's stuck showing 100 per page. Anyway, thanks for the assistance out of that embarrassingly worryisome predicament.

message 4: by rivka, librarian moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

rivka | 12269 comments Mod
Number per page is controlled by a little drop down menu waaaay at the bottom (on the left).

I completely understand wanting your shelves sorted a particular way and no other. :)

message 5: by Rob (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Rob McMonigal | 41 comments Page nine of a to-read list? Wow, I thought I had a lot of things I probably won't get a chance to read! :)

Seriously, glad you were able to get the help you needed.

message 6: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Reading this, I'm reminded of the idea we had to allow people to order their 'to-read' shelves netflix-style. We should probably try to build that soon!