Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Madeline Hunter

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Went on my 'monthly book shopping therapy', and found this book. The Sins of Lord Easterbrook (Rothwell #4) by Madeline Hunter

Anyone read this?

message 2: by Alycia (new)

Alycia No, but I am interested in it. I am reading my first Hunter book, Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1) by Madeline Hunter . just started it, but am really liking it so far.

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "No, but I am interested in it. I am reading my first Hunter book, Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1) by Madeline Hunter. just started it, but am really liking it so far."

I saw that one too, almost bought it, but decided on this one instead.

message 4: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Well, let me know how you like that one.. I'll let you know about RIR.

message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "Well, let me know how you like that one.. I'll let you know about RIR."

Sounds good.

message 6: by willaful (new)

willaful You'll probably enjoy The Sins of Lord Easterbrook more if you read the books that procede it. It's one of those "enigmatic older brother of the series" stories. I didn't think it all the great, but did find it kind of an amusing twist on the genre. The first book in the series, The Rules of Seduction, is fantastic.

message 7: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Willaful wrote: "You'll probably enjoy The Sins of Lord Easterbrook more if you read the books that procede it. It's one of those "enigmatic older brother of the series" stories. I didn't think it all the great, bu..."

Yah, I just found out it was the last of a series. I hate it, when I do that. Lol. Oh well, I've started it. lol. Thanks, I will look into the other ones, for sure.

message 8: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I have heard good things about The Rules of Seduction too.

message 9: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 16, 2010 10:53PM) (new)

Willaful wrote: "You'll probably enjoy The Sins of Lord Easterbrook more if you read the books that procede it. It's one of those "enigmatic older brother of the series" stories. I didn't think it all the great, bu..."

KK.. I have started. I'm about 50 pages in.. And I admit to being a tad confused. Was Leona and Christian's story touched on in the previous books? Am I missing something, or will it all work its way through?

message 10: by seton (last edited Mar 16, 2010 10:54PM) (new)

seton (lindaseton42) No, Leona was never in any of the previous books. I love Hunter but this bk is definitely more of a cumulation of a series type book than a standalone. It ties up a lot of threads from the previous books.

message 11: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

seton wrote: "No, Leona was never in any of the previous books. I love Hunter but this bk is definitely more of a cumulation of a series type book than a standalone. It ties up a lot of threads from the previous..."

Okay, thx. It's slowly starting to come together now. For a while there it seemed as though, I was missing some crucial information to the story. I don't normally read books in series, out of order. This would be my reason why.. Lol

message 12: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 18, 2010 04:19PM) (new)

Okay, I LOVED The Sins of Lord Easterbrook
This author is a damn good writer, in my opinion. I have rushed out to find more books by her.

Im gonna read The Seducer (Seducers #1) by Madeline Hunter next.

message 13: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) Yay! MH *is* damn good :-)
Hope u enjoy the series as much as I did.

message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

seton wrote: "Yay! MH *is* damn good :-)
Hope u enjoy the series as much as I did."

I'm sure I will. :)

message 15: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha B | 4 comments Shell wrote: "Okay, I LOVED The Sins of Lord Easterbrook
This author is a damn good writer, in my opinion. I have rushed out to find more books by her.

Im gonna read [bookcover:The Seducer|20..."

I have to agree. I just discovered Hunter and am curently reading Secrets Of Surrender. It's the third in the series and I'm liking it.

message 16: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Just Bought Provocative in Pearls (The Rarest Blooms, #2) by Madeline Hunter Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1) by Madeline Hunter

message 17: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Both are good!

message 18: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I just bought The Rules of Seduction (Rothwell #1) by Madeline Hunter , has anyone read it?

message 19: by willaful (new)

willaful One of my top ten romances. :-)

message 20: by Alycia (new)

Alycia willaful wrote: "One of my top ten romances. :-)"

Oh! Glad to hear it. I have only read her Rarest Blooms Series, and wanted to try something else. I am looking forward to reading it.

message 21: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I have that book too.. Haven't started it yet.. Atleast I dont think..Lol. Checking the Link now.

message 22: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Okay... Queen of the Boneheads here!!! I have read it, even wrote a review on it. Ooops.

message 23: by Alycia (new)

Alycia LOL, you've just read so much you can't keep track :)

message 24: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Very true.. Probably why the current funk right now too.

message 25: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I can relate. Just slow down, although that is hard.

message 26: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I have been.. Instead of a book a day/2 days.. I am averaging a book a week.

message 27: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Hopefully soon you will get out of your slump

message 28: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I'm trying to read The Rules of Seduction (Rothwell #1) by Madeline Hunter and I dislike it and am thinking of quitting. Did anyone else feel this way?

message 29: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I read Lady of Sin (Seducers spin-off #2) by Madeline Hunter it was good, but i was looking at her series and its crazily organized

message 30: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I haven't read that one.

message 31: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments A friend gave it to me as a gift. I really don't know the author, but I was noticing that her books are in "series" but not fully connections. Like there is a book before that one, but I didn't recongize the characters in it. I read it after my spring semester ended for a good easy read

message 32: by Alycia (new)

Alycia That is odd. I've only read the first 3 in her new series. The heroines are connected because they are all friends

message 33: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments That makes sense

message 34: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "I'm trying to read The Rules of Seduction (Rothwell #1) by Madeline Hunter and I dislike it and am thinking of quitting. Did anyone else feel this way?"

I read it... Didn't love it but according to my review I liked theh ending...