The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Predictions > Astrid Looks Pregnant on Lies cover!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 180 (180 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments I think Astrid and Sam are gonna have a baby and its gonna be like a 20 bar smart fire person :)

message 2: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol
i don't think they areee

message 3: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
So I'm not the only one who thinks she looks pregnant. Yay.

By the way, looking pregnant is not the same as being pregnant. Like how there's this one shirt that I can't wear because I look pregnant in it. Doesn't mean that I am, though. (And I know for a fact that I'm not and never have been)

Astrid is smart, and I'm assuming she has beliefs against the sort of stuff that can lead to pregnancy at her age. She knows what could happen.

That being said, it can't be completely ruled out. People can make stupid decisions. All it would take is a few minutes of carelessness.

As much as I think that, characterwise, Astrid is one of the least likely girls there to get pregnant, that picture just keeps the idea stuck in my head.

Come on, Lies! Hurry up!

message 4: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments i know! i can hardly wait for lies to come out. i read hunger in a day. a school day. not even after school. so i've pretty much had to wait from when hunger came out until when lies comes out. :( ill learn to make his books last longer. and on the astrid topic, i agree that she is too smart to get involved in that kind of stuff. even with sam. however, it could still happen and i know that would definitely keep people reading and draw more attention to his series.

message 5: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I don't know about "too smart". Even smart people are capable of doing stupid things. Her intelligence and beliefs make it a lot less likely, though.

message 6: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments thats right, i completely forgot that she was catholic. it seems like i read gone so long ago. i guess its not likely. but as you said, its still possible. what i really dont understand is why same makes no moves in that direction. in hunger i guess they still date but they didnt spend much time together

message 7: by Elle (last edited Mar 17, 2010 04:00PM) (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yeah. their relationship kind of annoys me for some reason, lol :P

message 8: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments haha they aren't very close

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments ikr? lol
i like the bad guys :) it's more interesting

message 10: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments i guess. sam is almost too perfect if you ask me. its hard to believe his character

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yeah, he snaps sometimes though.

message 12: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments true. but only once or twice a book

message 13: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yesh, but when he does he like freaks out.
remember when he started bashing astrid's religion?

message 14: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments oh yeah. good point

message 15: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol i have to goooo :)
i'm gonna see a movie with my mom and sister

message 16: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments okay see ya :)

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments byeee :)

message 18: by Selena (last edited Mar 18, 2010 03:15PM) (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I think it's kind of odd that before the FAYZ happened, they barely knew each other. Like, Sam had a thing for Astrid, but he knew she was out of his league.... Then comes the FAYZ and it only take a few days for them to 'bond' and kiss and stuff. :/

message 19: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments ikr? sometimes in those situations people like bond or something? idk, my sister told me, she's taking AP Psych

message 20: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Like Lena said, they barely knew each other before he FAYZ. They've only really gotten to know each other for a few months, and have been together for even less time. Honestly, Sam would have bothered me if he started bringing *that* up so soon.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It's true. They don't know each other--but you gotta think about that all adults are gone and everyones brains are all screwed up, so there is a possibility.
Yet, I highly doubt it.
It was probably just the way her shirt was positioned, I have a shirt too that makes me look pregnant, and I'm 13! My friend literally asked me that the other day, and I was like "What?!" so I'm not wearing it again.
Am I the only one who thinks that Astrid on the cover of LIES looks 20? o.O

message 22: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

You have to admit, though, it would be a bit sloppy on the cover-artist's part for her to look like that.

The more I think about it, the more I think that it wouldn't fit the timeline. I mean, if she were pregnant, would she really show that soon?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Eh, most people don't think about the type of stuff--unless of course, you're the die hard fans. *shrugs*

message 24: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Haha.

Okay I'm almost 100 Percent POSITIVE that she isnt going to get pregnant, although if anyone read the first 6 chapters of LIES (posted in the Diana and Caine forum) they seem much more comfortable with each other in that regard (see the line about leaving being "hard" and astrid asking if it was supposed to be innudendo).

There's a rumor going around someone is going to have sex in Plauge, and since Gone is essentially Murphy's law in motion, SOMEONE will probably get pregnant. But I doubt it would be Astrid, she has too much parenting trouble with LP.

message 25: by Elle (last edited Mar 19, 2010 01:02PM) (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol, you're right, i totally forgot about LP lol :P

message 26: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Oh, for anyone who doesn't know what Murphy's Law is, its the theory that Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

message 27: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments So I was talking to Michael and Astrid is most definitely not pregnant.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh good! Lol

message 29: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yay! lol :P

message 30: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments hahahaha

message 31: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Yay, thanks for clearing that up! :D

message 32: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments no problem :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

No babies coming anytime soon. Haha

message 34: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol :P

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) wow she really does look pregnant...
i think its just her shirt i think tho...

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

She looks 25! Gah!

message 37: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lol
i'm glad we got that cleared up tho :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "So I'm not the only one who thinks she looks pregnant. Yay.

By the way, looking pregnant is not the same as being pregnant. Like how there's this one shirt that I can't wear because I look pre..."

I have a shirt that makes me look pregnant too, and I'm only 13, so thats not good. Its such a shame because its such a cute shirt.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Emma wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "So I'm not the only one who thinks she looks pregnant. Yay.

By the way, looking pregnant is not the same as being pregnant. Like how there's this one shirt th..."

Me too!:) I love the shirt, but it makes me look like I am like 6 months pregnant, haha

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily (emsnonsense) Okay, glad I'm not crazy, I totally thought she was pregnant too. But maybe it's because she looks exactly like Quinn, the pregnant cheerleader from Glee? I don't know, but it may have helped make us think that. I hope she isn't!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha:)

message 42: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Emily wrote: "Okay, glad I'm not crazy, I totally thought she was pregnant too. But maybe it's because she looks exactly like Quinn, the pregnant cheerleader from Glee? I don't know, but it may have helped make ..."

Astrid on the cover looks more pregnant than Quinn has been looking with her mysterious vanishing baby bump in the past few episodes.

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) huh... i just realized!! she does look like Quinn!!

Natasha Farro-York-Harnage | 75 comments Here's what I'm gonna say:
Looking is not the same has being.
And the summary for LIES
Astrid vs. Town council
Sam is part of town council and it wouldn't seem like they would be able to well, yeah.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I was kinda mad at Astrid a lot in LIES

message 46: by Anthony (last edited May 03, 2010 07:21PM) (new)

Anthony  (anthonyprince) | 698 comments oh god @Natasha everywhere i look are spoilers! (or semi-spoilers)

i pretty much know the whole entire book now =P

message 48: by Yiling (new)

Yiling (fillthesky) | 1487 comments she didn't really look pregnant.
sam looks sad = [

message 49: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yeahh...

Natasha Farro-York-Harnage | 75 comments @ANothony I'm sooo sooo sorry didn't mean to ruin the book.

« previous 1 3 4