Writers Row discussion

Ideas > Interesting Ideas

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 754 comments Mod
Post any ideas you want feedback on for how they would work!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth How about a book about dragons. I know, old idea. But hte cool part is that they can speak many different languages, create prophecies, and forge great weapons and supplies for humans.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 79 comments Diary of a Ghost?

About a girl who dies, then writes a diary about her life as a ghost and memories of her living life.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wow, that is so original! I like it alot!

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 79 comments thanks. I was trying to come up with something about ghosts and I was wondering:

You have all these books about people encountering ghosts, but none really told about a person's personal ideas about being a ghost.

Then I thought af the diary of Anne Frank and... POOF!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Well, I have quite a few ideas. I am going to list them all out. Here I go:

Dragons
How the US really came to be(writing currently!)
A hidden group of demons living in the Earth's core
A quest one, will explain later
Prophecy from a dragon
AND SO MUCH MORE BUT WOULD TAKE MONTHS TO TYPE OUT!

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 79 comments the demons sounds cool.... so does the US history.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth So hte US one is actually a four book series I am currently writing. I am posting the intro right now here!

So, you keep hearing about Christopher Colombus, the Louisiana Purchase, and the Boston Tea Party? Well, all of that is a LIE! Teachers make it like that so young children can process the history, but I know the true story. Yes, a dude named George Washington who became the first prez, but he was the leader of an army who drove out the original group of people who lived in the land before him.
Actually, now that I think of it, NOTHING in the history books is true! All the presidents up to John Quincy Adams were made up. They were made to keep us from wondering what REALLY happened before J.Q.A. Now, if you want the whole truth, read this book, and the other history books. But if you want to keep believing what those history books in class say, if you don't want the full description, put this book down. I tried to give the truth, I tried. Now, read and uncover the secrets of the United States, Europe, and Asia.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Thank you!

message 12: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

can you make a topic and post more of it?

message 13: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

cool!

message 14: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

what are the books?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I was thinking about maybe documenting like a week (or however long) of my life, like diary, but more detailed. And then changing all the names and things so it's anonymous, and it'd be an easy story!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

And i started cooking up this idea in Health class. Artists always depct the thing, yes? What if I like sat and studied people and made the picture in your head. People are sooo interesting, especially when they're not aware you're looking at them. not stalkerishly or anything, just purely in the interst of my art.

message 17: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

that sounds cool

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Which one?

message 19: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

both

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

excellent! I'll start them soon, and you'll be seeing the results (hopefully) soon!

message 21: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

awesome!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to try to start at least the observational one tomorrow, and possibly the documentary one... You'll maybe begin to see results by Wednesday, because I've got to edit what I wrote into American-speak, because I generally speak the Queen's English. I live in America, though, and so I'm expected to speak American English. I'd rather be British...

message 23: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

rather be british? you write in queen's english? srsly???

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Really. Seriously. American English is rather dull, but I think that may be just because I'm American. For instance, I think German accents are sexy, but if I were German, perhaps I would think boring Americans sounded sexy. You see?

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 79 comments lol. U're like my friend.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Is that a good thing?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Woot!

message 29: by Aviva, avpm/avps :) (new)

Incurable Beatlemaniac wrote: "Really. Seriously. American English is rather dull, but I think that may be just because I'm American. For instance, I think German accents are sexy, but if I were German, perhaps I would think bor..."
lolololol

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

But German and British accents are my very favorite, and as Brits use the same base laguage, just a few wonky phrases (for example, wonky) I can speak in an American accent but with British grammar and spelling. I must admit, though, the voice that I think with, that is the one that I hear when I'm having a thought, is British.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

right, I feel silly, what's a halt mallet? it makes me think of the song by MC Hammer, 'Can't touch This' ;)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it really? Boom! I'm so good I can be right when I don't even know what I'm talking about! ;)