Indian English Authors discussion

South Indian author or topic

Comments (showing 1-6)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by M. Prabhakar (new)

M. Prabhakar Rao (prmadhura) | 2 comments Erin wrote: "I have been asked to lead a book discussion on a book either written by a south indian author or that is about south india. Book needs to be in english. Any suggestions? Thanks."

Yes you can try, "Mayhem of the Miserables!", :-)

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin | 10 comments I loved Ladies Coupe and an seriously considering it. I also loved Midnight's Children (the only Rushdie I've read to date) so maybe I will give The Moor's Last Sigh a shot. I am reading everything first before I decide, so your caveats are appreciated. Thanks!

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (mrpixel) | 2 comments I just googled Anita Nair and she was born in Kerala and has published many books. Good luck.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 10 comments Thanks! I've read the first. Goa is in our "west indian" group. I'm definitely going to give the last a read though!

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (mrpixel) | 2 comments You could try:

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy is set in Kerala

The Konkans by Tony D'Souza is set in Goa and Chicago (mostly in Chicago) about Catholics in Goa.

Ladies Coupé by Anita Nair set in Tamil Nadu.

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin | 10 comments I have been asked to lead a book discussion on a book either written by a south indian author or that is about south india. Book needs to be in english. Any suggestions? Thanks.