Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > 2010-03 FLESH AND SPIRIT - The sequel/other books by Carol Berg

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 1003 comments Has anyone else gone on and read the sequel, Breath and Bone, or read other works by Carol Berg?

I have read everything she's done, and just finished her newest - she's definitely earned her spot on my favored author watch list.

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments It's on my 'read it this month or else' pile. Perhaps by this weekend or early next week I'll get it started. I'm looking forward to it.

message 3: by Libby (new)

Libby | 19 comments I've ordered it and hope to be able to read them back-to-back

message 4: by Libby (new)

Libby | 19 comments Finished Flesh and Sprit and am moving right on to Breath and Bone. As they are a duo the story simply isn't complete at teh end of FS and I'm compelled to move on - can't stand a cliffhanger ;-)

message 5: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 1003 comments These two books really work best, considered as one volume.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments I just finished Breath and Bone. My god, what a book! What two books! I feel drained, satisfied, as if the Danae have danced in my soul. It's a work of poetry, suspense, romance, betrayal, renewal and of life and death. Flesh and spirit, breath and bone. The titles say it all.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments Oh, and Janny, now I'm going to have to read everything she's written!

message 8: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 1003 comments Sandra - start out with her first trilogy (Tranformation, Revelation, etc) or else her one off, Song of the Beast.

I preferred those works above her 4 book Avonar series.

She's got a new series just releasing - too early to tell from vol. I where she's taking it, yet.

message 9: by Leighann (new)

Leighann (zhelenstilo) I've read everything of hers! (Well, except for a couple of short stories in collections that Amazon came up with when I searched not too long ago.) And I love them all. Her stories leave me with a sense of deep satisfaction upon finishing them, and I rank her as one of my favorite authors.

If I remember correctly, I bought Transformation on a whim after spotting it in the bookstore one day, and I loved it so much I went back and got the rest of the trilogy and Song of the Beast. I've since grabbed each book as I found out they were available (not always right away, unfortunately). And the latest one was one of my first Kindle purchases ever.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments Well I went to Barnes and Noble.com after posting and bought Sons of Avonar as I had no idea where to begin. Maybe I'll read it and then Transformation. Or see where I go.

Leighann, "a sense of deep satisfaction upon finishing" -- yes, that's it!

message 11: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2138 comments Mod
The only one of hers I've read is Transformation, which I loved - I have to pick up the rest of the trilogy. Seems that everyone liked Flesh and Spirit so I'll get to it one of these days..

message 12: by Libby (new)

Libby | 19 comments Sandra wrote: "I just finished Breath and Bone. My god, what a book! What two books! I feel drained, satisfied, as if the Danae have danced in my soul. It's a work of poetry, suspense, romance, betrayal, rene..."

Sandra - love you description! Makes me want to drop everything, run home and lock myself in until I finish the second book :-)

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments Thanks, Libby. Do, do run out and read it! 144 books in a year is having a readathon! You could start with these two....

message 14: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3103 comments Mod
I found both books (Flesh & Spirit, Breath & Bone) in a combo from SFBC and ordered it, based on what I've read here.