all things supernatural discussion

Other Supernatural Books > Percy Jackson

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saire) Hi All

I am new to good reads and to this group, but am glad to be able to chat online with fellow supernatural lovers!

I was wondering if anyone else has seen the movie "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" or read any of the books? I have only seen the movie. It's probably a little childish, but I quite enjoyed it and thought it was better than I expected.

The main characters are all basically half human / half gods. It might be a story more suited to guys, but one of the main characters is female and she's a very strong and independent character.

Definitely worth checking out the movie at the very least ... any thoughts?

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriejean33) | 56 comments i thought the movie was ok not the best movie ive ever saw but deffinatley ok and entertaining to watch

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saire) Yeah not the best movie, but I really like the half god / half human idea :)

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriejean33) | 56 comments yeah it was cool i liked his converse with wings lol

message 5: by *NO NAME* SO DON'T TRY!, Roleplay maker and charcter approver! (last edited Mar 21, 2010 04:41AM) (new)

*NO NAME* SO DON'T TRY! teh awesome dude who says hi | 21 comments Mod
lol winged reeboks. I would give for a pair of those. The actor for Grover's funny.

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments I've read the first book, The Lightning Thief, but I haven't seen the movie. I was going to see it while it was in cineama's but a friend said that it wasn't very good, so I'm waiting until the movie comes out on DVD

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saire) Valerie wrote: "yeah it was cool i liked his converse with wings lol"

Haha ... I liked the winged converse too. It wasn't the most amazing movie about, but not a bad story for something a little different ...

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriejean33) | 56 comments yeah exactly

message 9: by *NO NAME* SO DON'T TRY!, Roleplay maker and charcter approver! (new)

Just what I would say.

message 10: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (last edited Aug 15, 2010 03:21AM) (new)

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 2391 comments Mod
I liked this series. It was fun to read and i loved Rick Riordan's mixure of Greek Myth and moden day heroes....awesome!

message 11: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments So I watched the movie last night but I was totally distracted by the hotness of Logan!

But besides that the movie was heaps great!

message 12: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

I saw it at the movies....and i can honestly say i drooled over Logan the entire time =D
He was hot as hell!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha I agree I just watched it then

message 14: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments And he's signed up to star in the next two movie adaptions of them! *drool*

message 15: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Oh, they're gonna make 2 more movies? I didn't know that....that's great =D

message 16: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments :D Ikr? More droolness.

OMG! I just realised that if Logan had brown eyes he would be the exact replica of Devon! (A guy in a story who has been annoying me since the beginning!)

message 17: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Lol, ok well i have no idea what Devon you're talking about.....

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Have any of you seen gamer he ( Logan ) is in that aswell... He is insanely hot in that as well!!

message 19: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

I've seen parts of it. I tried to watch it once or twice and then i gave up lolo

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Its really good!

message 21: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

I might watch it. What's it about again??

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

In the near future they have created this thing where
You can either 'pay to play a person or you can be a person and be paid.

So its like a video game but the "characters" are actually real people!

message 23: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Oh, okay. It sounds good. It's been on Foxtel a couple of times and i either tell myself to watch it and then don't, or i begin watching it and never finish

message 24: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments Rachel wrote: "Lol, ok well i have no idea what Devon you're talking about....."

Haha. Nobody does. Yet. Lol.

message 25: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Okaaayy....feel like filling me in?? Or are you gonna leave me confused??

message 26: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments Hehe. Devon is one of my characters in a novel that I've had just sitting there....?? Lol. Sorry. I confuse myself, too.

message 27: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Oh, lol ok.
Haha, i bet you do Ellen! I imagine your mind is a very confusing place to be ;)

message 28: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments :D
Yes, yes it is.

message 29: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Haha =)

message 30: by music lover (new)

music lover  (GGLover) Kaycee wrote: "Have any of you seen gamer he ( Logan ) is in that aswell... He is insanely hot in that as well!!"

Hes in that? i never knew that he was cause Ive seen it.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

music lover =) wrote: "Kaycee wrote: "Have any of you seen gamer he ( Logan ) is in that aswell... He is insanely hot in that as well!!"

Hes in that? i never knew that he was cause Ive seen it."

Yeah he was the guy that played gerard butler's character.

message 32: by music lover (new)

music lover  (GGLover) Ohhh now I remeber!!

message 33: by *NO NAME* SO DON'T TRY!, Roleplay maker and charcter approver! (new)

Rick Riordan came out with a series corresponding to Percy Jackson, and the first one is called The Lost Hero

message 34: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments The actors have all signed on to do number 2 and 3.
Found that out a while ago, and just wanted to let people know :D

message 35: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (last edited Jan 02, 2011 08:56PM) (new)

Ellen ♥ wrote: "The actors have all signed on to do number 2 and 3.
Found that out a while ago, and just wanted to let people know :D"

Oh, yay! I'm looking forward to the next movies.
My brother bought the first movie for me for Xmas and i thought it was really sweet cos he was the one who went and saw it at the movies with me cos no one else would go. Now every time i watch it i'll think of him =D

message 36: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments Nawwww! Damn. I wish I had a brother. I gotta a younger version of me, but with actual blond hair >:

LOGAN LERMAN is all I can say!!! :PPPPP

message 37: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

OMG! There are almost two of you? Crap! Life as we know it is doomed. The world is over. People run. Take cover. Get out before you can!
ahahahahahaha <3 <3 <3 you Ellen!!!

I know. He is a cute. And with the name Logan. I love Logans!

message 38: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments LOL! As long as I can hide with you from Lil Ellen, we're all cool! ;D

I don't suppose that reason has anything to do with the love interest in Destined...? --raised eyebrow--

message 39: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

XD Oh, good. I should be safe then. Phew!

Whatever do you mean? I have no idea what you're talking about *looks all innocent*
Arrgh! Have you read the new HON book yet? Guess what the next book is gonna be called??? Destined! Gah. I don't wanna share the same title :/ :S :/

message 40: by Star (last edited Jan 10, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

Star (staria) okay, this might be old (especially since other people here went off topic from the percy jackson subject lol) but..

hurry whoever has not yet read this series or only read the first couple of books, read the entire series! as others have said, it may seem middle-school material, but even grown teens-adults love and can understand this~
whoever read this series, do read The Lost Hero book and its series also, as *no name* mentioned earlier.

message 41: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (new)

Jenny wrote: "okay, this might be old (especially since other people here went off topic from the percy jackson subject lol) but..

hurry whoever has not yet read this series or only read the first couple of boo..."

I enjoyed this series. I agree that it is middle-school-ish, but the mythology is brilliant and you know Rick Riordan has put a lot of effort into creating his world.
I've yet to read The Lost Hero, although i plan to, however i've read The Red Pyramid, the first book in the Kane Chronicles. It's about two siblings and their adventures, however it focusing on the myths and gods of Ancient Egypt. It's really good.

message 42: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments Rachel wrote: "XD Oh, good. I should be safe then. Phew!

Whatever do you mean? I have no idea what you're talking about *looks all innocent*
Arrgh! Have you read the new HON book yet? Guess what the next book..."

GASP! No! How dare there! You should make a complaint. Lol. Gah! I hate it when that happens. I also it when you think of really cool and unused names and then suddenly you come across it in another book!!! :O It's horribleeee! Especially when they share certain aspects! *grumbles*

message 43: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten), Temporarily in charge =) (last edited Apr 10, 2011 09:09PM) (new)

Ellenfp wrote: "Rachel wrote: "XD Oh, good. I should be safe then. Phew!

Arrgh! Have you read the new HON book yet? Guess wha..."

Lmao! Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I've been tossing around new title, cos of this, but as of yet there's nothing that stood out for me.
Yes. It really does suck.

Oh, and...question? What's with the fp on the end of your name? Does it have some sort of meaning?

message 44: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments Rachel wrote: "Ellenfp wrote: "Rachel wrote: "XD Oh, good. I should be safe then. Phew!

Arrgh! Have you read the new HON boo..."

What ideas have you been tossing around? I'd be happy to help if you really want a different name.
It's HON. Self explanitory :L

Bahaha! The F is the inital of my middle name which is Faith. And P is for my dad's last name because my parents aren't married :D On twitter and blogger I just called myself Ellen Faith though.