What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Help Me Identify Children's Book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Janna (new)

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments I would say Jane and the Dragon, but it was published in 1990.

message 3: by Philip (last edited Mar 23, 2010 07:55PM) (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 24 comments I can only come up with Racist Dragon although, I think that was the fire breathing dragon's title rather than his name that started with "R". And it's a New Zealander's televison kids show rather than a book... sorry if Albi isn't much help.

Also, there's no princess in this episode, but this IS episode 6...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a book from when I was a kid (in the 60's), but it was published in 1945.

Artie and the Princess

message 5: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) | 48 comments Petronella?

message 6: by Janna (new)

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments Philip... haha, nice FOTC reference, but not very helpful. ;)

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 704 comments Margie, did the dragon kidnap the princess and then want to get rid of her because she was so annoying?

message 8: by J (new)

J Riley | 1 comments Margie, I believe you're looking for The Dragon Who Liked To Spit Fire by Judy Varga (Author, Illustrator) written in 1962 Go to Amazon and enter the title and you'll see the illustrated cover (black, gray, purple, red/orange)--as you said, the color scheme was memorable as was the book.

message 9: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments I tried to send a message to Margie so she could tell us if J found her book, but her account is set up to not accept messages. Bummer. I will bump this up to the top and maybe she will notice it...

message 10: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Time to move this into Now we'll never know?

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Apr 10, 2013 06:23PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Yeah--it looks like the first posting is missing, which kind of says to me that maybe the person quit the group?