Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Shell Schroth

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 16, 2010 02:24AM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Hello all, I'll go first.

My name is Shell(Short for Mishelle) Schroth, I am 32 years old (when the hell did THAT happen?).. and I am the mother of 3 beautiful, and quirky boys, Ayden (13), Cameron(8) and Marek(5).

My husband of 13 years, Dave and I, own a home in Vernon BC, Canada where we plan to stay... well forever. 'Tis the Sunny Okanagan. How can ya beat that?

I work as an Insurance Advisor... Yes I am the girl you come to yell at when its time to renew your insurance.

I live a simple life, gave up on the complicated things a long time ago, (took far too much energy).

Im not a big fan of Drama, but a huge fan of honesty. I have little tolerance for those who truth escapes them. I like to keep those most important to me close, at all times.

Im known as the one to call on, when in need of advice... But often don't have a clue when it comes to myself. Isnt that always the way?

My words to live by are..'For every minute of anger, you lose 60 seconds of happiness'...

I used to write....,'Once Upon A Time'. I was fairly good at it, In fact 20 years ago I would have told you I was going to be the next 'Anne Rice'... (are we not all cocky as pre-teens?).. Anyways Teenage-hood, followed by the inevitable 'I Bloody well know everything, because I am 13' attitude took over, and my writing took 2nd place to my friends and parties, and over all social life. Then it took 3rd, and 4th.. Eventually I just stopped.

Then I became a mom... (Best thing I ever did)

So, now I read.

I love that I've found Good Reads, and have met the people I have. It's fantastic talking with, and comparing notes.. (text, reviews.. whatever...lol) with all of you.

Anyways.. That's me. In a nutshell.

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 16, 2010 02:10AM) (new)

yes.. for those of you who've read it already, I copy and pasted, then elaborated some from my profile. It's 2am, and I am lazy... lol.

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) LOL, I am an insurance coverage attorney. :) I totally get what you do.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Its so great to get to no my GR buddies like this :))

message 5: by EvaS (new)

EvaS (evikes) | 70 comments I work in Insurance Licensing & Compliance... hahaha!

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments :-)

message 7: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 18, 2010 09:37PM) (new)

Eva wrote: "I work in Insurance Licensing & Compliance... hahaha!"

That sounds more interesting than being a broker... I would love to go further..(in otherwords.. upwards) in my career.. Not much to do in BC other than what I do, however. Funny that the 3 of us are in insurance in some way. Small world, and all that.

message 8: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (yahoodymcewan) | 20 comments Hey Shell loved yer introduction. Ye should start writting again, i would miss itbut that's me though.

message 9: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Apr 10, 2010 01:21PM) (new)

Thx Fiona; I may take it up again one day. Currently waiting on inspiration. Wanting to wake up, after having one hell of a dream, unable to get it out of my head, till I am forced to write it down, just like Stephanie Meyer did.. For now I get my fix, writing my reviews...