Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > The Wallflowers by Lisa Kleypas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas and then it's spin off series.... Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

I haven't read the first series... but have read the first 2 of the second series. I hear the Wallflower series is excellent. All books currently grace my library shelves, just haven't got at them yet.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Welll .. DIW wa just "ok" for me when every1 rates it LK best ... SMAS was however Verra Verra good!

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Rachael wrote: "Welll .. DIW wa just "ok" for me when every1 rates it LK best ... SMAS was however Verra Verra good!"

Yah, I liked it to. Ive read Mine till Midnite, and Seduce Me at Sunrise. I liked them both

message 4: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I loved the wallflower series, all of them. Haven't read book 5 yet, A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas .

I especially loved It Happened One Autumn and Devil in Winter! :) St. Vincent is my fav man! I have not read any of the Hathaway Series yet, but looking forward too it and to the new releases in that series that are coming out soon! :)

message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "I loved the wallflower series, all of them. Haven't read book 5 yet, A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas.

I especially loved It Happened One Autumn and Devil in Winter! :) St. Vincent is my..."

Thx for the link to the 5th Alycia, I didn't realize there was another in the series.

message 6: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Yes! You are welcome. It came out Dec 2009 before I even knew of the series. I thought sense it was Christmas themed I would wait until Dec. to read it.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Have both series on my TBR shelf

message 8: by Alycia (new)

Alycia ☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "Have both series on my TBR shelf"

I loved the Wallflower Series! I think you will like both Lizz. I have only read book 1 in the Hathaway series.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I was going to get Mine till Midnite from my library but I put it back but I am going to get it now

message 10: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Let us know what you think. Characters are reoccuring, so some of the characters in Mine till Midnight will be from the Wallflower series.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) yeah I will

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) I've read all of them except Secrets of a Summer Night. They were awesome!
Shell, I thought I read them because you told me to buy them? Remember I drove to Kam and bought them all on your suggestion? Are you trying to tell me you got me to spend a fortune and then didn't even read them yourself?

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Correction, I haven't read the Christmas one.

message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Whatcha Talking About!!!!!! I read them all... except the X-mas one.... Who said I didn't read them??

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I posted that March 16th.. LMAO.. Yah I've read them all since then.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Shell wrote: "Whatcha Talking About!!!!!! I read them all... except the X-mas one.... Who said I didn't read them??"

You said on your March 16th entry that you haven't read the first series...guess you read them after. I didn't realize how old that comment was.
My bad!

message 17: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

LMAO... No worries...

message 18: by Leea (new)

Leea Alycia wrote: "I loved the wallflower series, all of them. Haven't read book 5 yet, A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas.

I especially loved It Happened One Autumn and Devil in Winter! :) St. Vincent is my..."

I read it... I could not get enough of those ladies. Love them.

message 19: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I plan on reading it next month. I do love the series! Maybe i should do a reread some time.

message 20: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments Le sigh! I so love Evie and St Vincent.

message 21: by Leea (new)

Leea Okay anyone know if Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas is the last in the series... or is she going to write more? ohhh Please :)

message 22: by Alycia (new)

Alycia That's the last one for the Hathaways. Kleypas said she may do a Christmas one in the future but it's not planned so far

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea Okay that was a lame ending then. I mean i needed more about what happened to them... anyone else? I'm still in love with Cam :)

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I thought the ending was rushed in Love in the Afternoon only because the couple has serious issues to overcome .....

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather (junebug2285) Leea wrote: "Okay anyone know if Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas is the last in the series... or is she going to write more? ohhh Please :)"

Devil in Winter is my favorite, somehow I am a sucker for the couple to escape some ill treatment and stand on their own.

message 26: by Leea (new)

Leea is that Evie and St. Vincent's books... I read them about a year ago? They might be my favorite! They are all so yummy!

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather (junebug2285) Leea wrote: "is that Evie and St. Vincent's books... I read them about a year ago? They might be my favorite! They are all so yummy!"

Yes that's it.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I love Cam! He's so rawr, I can't even figure out a word for him.

message 29: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Oh Cam .....mmmmmmm -- I also love Simon Hunt and Kev. And Westcliffe. :)

message 30: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 31, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) They're Wallflowers (well Kev is Merripen from Hathaways...)? I have to go back to those, but I think I already said that I messed up and did this backwards!

I'm on Married by Morning right now and loving it. Leo's pretty swoon worthy himself.

Oh, and I'm supposed to read "Again the Magic" before Wallflowers, right?

message 31: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Yup. I did it backwards. Hathaways, then Wallflowers (I have only done the first 3 of the Wallflowers though), and then Again the Magic. Check out my review for Again the Magic. I think it is my favorite -- I seriously cried and cried and cried.

message 32: by Alycia (new)

Alycia If you all haven't read Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas by Kleypas, I definitely recommend it. It's a stand alone and one of my favorite LK books

message 33: by Leea (new)

Leea It's on my TBR list... I'm sure it's great like all her books!!

message 34: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I haven't read one I didn't like. Although some I like more than others. Enjoy it and let me know what you think of it when you do get to it.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Just after reading 3 and a half books by her, I am already hooked and plan to read as much of her as possible.

message 36: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

My fave by her is~ Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas

message 37: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "If you all haven't read Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas by Kleypas, I definitely recommend it. It's a stand alone and one of my favorite LK books"

Is this the one where the Heroine has a daughter? If so, I totally agree.

message 38: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Devil in Winter is probably my favourite Wallflowers book. Something about the two of them that is so awesome!

Mine Till Midnight is my favourite Hathaways book, because I love Cam.

And if you haven't read Sugar Daddy, you really should, even though it is contemporary! I do the occational contemporary, and this is one of the best! Very heart-wrenching.

message 39: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I keep hearing that, I really need to read it.

message 40: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments I have to put a plug in for Suddenly You - such a fantastic story and pretty hot for a Kleypas novel!

message 41: by Leea (new)

Leea Alberta Jenn, I have the sugar daddy series on my book self and should read it - Thanks

Marg, OMG you are so write about Suddenly you! It's a great story, funny and very very steamy. A must read for any LK fan!

message 42: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Leea wrote: "Alberta Jenn, I have the sugar daddy series on my book self and should read it - Thanks

Marg, OMG you are so write about Suddenly you! It's a great story, funny and very very steamy. A must read f..."

Yup~ I remember when I first read it thinking 'holy cripe` and squeezing my legs a little~ (Lol too much information?) Just kidding~ Well no, not really but in an effort to aleviate shock factor lets just say, yes I am just kidding.

message 43: by AlbertaJenn (last edited Feb 02, 2011 09:09AM) (new)

AlbertaJenn Shell wrote: Yup~ I remember when I first read it thinking 'holy cripe` and squeezing my legs a little~ (Lol too much information?) Just kidding~ Well no, not really but in an effort to aleviate shock factor lets just say, yes I am just kidding...."

That is always an indication of a good and steamy romance! LOL

message 44: by Shannonreads like crazy (last edited Feb 02, 2011 09:32AM) (new)

Shannonreads like crazy | 1 comments I loved St. Vincent's and Westcliffe's stories. I love the reformed rake storyline and the uptight Lord getting unbent storyline. yummm

message 45: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments Leea wrote: "Alberta Jenn, I have the sugar daddy series on my book self and should read it - Thanks

Marg, OMG you are so write about Suddenly you! It's a great story, funny and very very steamy. A must read f..."

Jack is one of my favourite Kleypas heroes ever! And yes, made me think of raspberries very differently!

message 46: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Shell wrote: "Alycia wrote: "If you all haven't read Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas by Kleypas, I definitely recommend it. It's a stand alone and one of my favorite LK books"

Is this the one where the ..."

Yes, the daughter is Rose who collected the crystal perfume bottle stoppers

message 47: by Leea (new)

Leea Marg wrote: "Leea wrote: "Alberta Jenn, I have the sugar daddy series on my book self and should read it - Thanks

Marg, OMG you are so write about Suddenly you! It's a great story, funny and very very steamy. ..."

How could i have forgotten about those lovely raspberries :)

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 160 comments Just starting her Wallflower series!!! I love it!

message 49: by Leea (new)

Leea Those are some Great books and they you get to read the fun and sexy hathaways!!

message 50: by Laraine (new)

Laraine (lala26) | 39 comments It Happened One Autumn is the first book i began to read from Lisa Kleypas' Wallflower series, but I just couldn't get into it. Are the other books in the series the same as this one? I've heard so many good things about the series that I feel bad not giving it another shot. :p

« previous 1