Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > Twilight Saga

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Love em? Hate em? Indifferent?

Team Edward? Team Jacob?

Let's talk 'TWERD'...

I admit I am a HUGE Twilight fan... and am counting down the days till the 3rd movie release... I call this series my 'teenage angst obsession'.. 'cause what highschool girl (or boy for that matter), who has ever loved, and lost, and loved again.. cannot relate on some level to these characters.

I became so obsessed with these books, and the original film, I was promoted amongst Facebook friends, co-workers, and my general social network as 'Queen of the TWERDS' and I admit to wearing that badge with pride.

[image error] New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5) by Stephenie Meyer

message 2: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick Totally agree, Shell. There is something for almost everyone in this series to relate, especially all the high school angst days. I did not get into this series until late spring of 2009, I admit I love the series and could not put the books down.

I am looking forward to Stephenie's other book 'The Host' which I am waiting to pick up soon from my library. Another topic to add?

message 3: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments I'm crazy about the Twilight series. It's one of my all-time favorites, and they're among a relatively small number books that I could hardly put down while reading them. I've really enjoyed the movies too, and can't wait for the rest.

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

VWrulesChick wrote: "Totally agree, Shell. There is something for almost everyone in this series to relate, especially all the high school angst days. I did not get into this series until late spring of 2009, I admit I..."

Absoloutly... Add away. I haven't read 'the Host' yet. We could discuss it as we read it under that thread, maybe?

message 5: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I was so obsessed with these while I was reading them that I re-read each 3X and I listened to all of them on audio. *hides head* But now that I have read some other very compelling series and romances, I realize that it was not that great of a series. But I did love it while it lasted.

Weirdly enough I did not like Edward. I thought he was an overcontrolling boyfriend, I loved Jacob though. :) And that was before I saw the movie (still haven't seen New Moon).

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Rachael wrote: "WOW that is obsessed heheeh"

I could tell ya about obsession... I'm affraid if I do however, you may all ban me from conversation, and group reads, on the grounds of my being a crazy woman. lol

message 7: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Regina wrote: "I was so obsessed with these while I was reading them that I re-read each 3X and I listened to all of them on audio. *hides head* But now that I have read some other very compelling series and ro..."

You didn't like Edward?!?!... I think my heart just stopped...

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Shell wrote: "Regina wrote: "I was so obsessed with these while I was reading them that I re-read each 3X and I listened to all of them on audio. *hides head* But now that I have read some other very compellin..."

Yeah I am a weirdo. I liked Jacob.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) I'm team Jacob too. Not because of who I liked best, but because I liked Bella best when she is with him...she justs seemed happier.
Though since I know how the series ends, I guess I'm all for Edward taggin along too.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Also, just a side note...

My sister has three young daughters. She figures when it's time for them to start dating, she'll put the movies on and explain to them beforehand that it's an example of what a good relationship shouldn't look like.

Also, she loves the series. She just backs me up on the whole "Bella doesn't seem happy when she's with Edward" opinion. Like Charlie's line, "sometime's you've got to learn to love what's good for you.." or something like that.

message 11: by Regina (last edited Apr 06, 2010 04:05PM) (new)

Regina (reginar) I have 3 young daugters too (2, 4, and 10 and a 6 year old boy). But lol I don't think I will show the movies to them for that reason bc I know that I get carried away with the passion and well the hotness. Although I can't get passed the fact that the actor playing Jacob is shark boy in one of my kids' favorite movie.

I think the passion and excitement is just so overwhelming.

I forgot Charlie said that.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) I think Jacob is a boy in a hot man's body and think there should be some kind of self-help group for women like me who'd leave their families for a night alone with him.....

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Lol

message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Apr 06, 2010 08:22PM) (new)

Me being in love with a 23 year old brit, whom plays a 17 year old pasty, cold, teenager who blinds you in the sun, on the big screen, is Mrs Robinson-ish enough for me.... Being in love with a, half the time hairy, half the time hot, 16 year old, on the big screen, whom happens to be 16, in real life is just crossing the line..... LMAO... ;)

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) LMAO too. That's why I need a self-help group.

Hey, btw, what happened to your opinion that since Jacob is a wolf, he's pretty much the same age as me in dog years?..ok not the same age, but OLDER, so BETTER.

message 16: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Heather wrote: "LMAO too. That's why I need a self-help group.

Hey, btw, what happened to your opinion that since Jacob is a wolf, he's pretty much the same age as me in dog years?..ok not the same age, but OL..."

Oh ya, I forgot about that.

message 17: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments If it makes you all feel any better, Taylor just turned 18 in real life, so at least he's legal now.;-)

message 18: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick hahahahaha

message 19: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I have not seen New Moon and I actually prefer the character of Jacob from the books.

message 20: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Regina wrote: "I have not seen New Moon and I actually prefer the character of Jacob from the books."

That's CRAZY TALK!!!!

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) That I haven't seen New Moon or that I prefer jacob? LOL. :)

I worded that wrong, it isn't that I don't like Sharkboy, but I really like the Jacob literary character -- I meant I prefer him over *gasp* Edward.

message 22: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Regina wrote: "That I haven't seen New Moon or that I prefer jacob? LOL. :)

I worded that wrong, it isn't that I don't like Sharkboy, but I really like the Jacob literary character -- I meant I prefer him ov..."

That's what I was refering to.. Prefering Wolf/Shark boy over Edward!!! That is simply BLASPHEMOUS.... Lol... I think we've had this discussion before... I am feeling rather dejavu-ish... Lol.

message 23: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (yahoodymcewan) | 20 comments Love this series but in 2 words i'm TEAM JACOB!

a) Give me a hot bodied, hot blooded male anyday over cold & lanky!
b)I think the bedroom department would be much more interesting with Jacob than with Edward
c)The whole Native American thing would be so much cooler to be part of rather than being with a bunch of so called reformed Killers
d)Jacob doesn't seem to do the whole i've been around longer so i know better thing like Edward does

Ok gonna stop now as i could go on for ever. lol

message 24: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Fiona wrote: "Love this series but in 2 words i'm TEAM JACOB!

b)I think the bedroom department would be much more interesting with Jacob ..."

Fiona, Fiona, Fiona, your breaking my heart... Truly....

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Fiona wrote: "Love this series but in 2 words i'm TEAM JACOB!

b)I think the bedroom department would be much more interesting with Jacob ..."

You are my new found buddy!!!

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (robnmich) | 7 comments Shell wrote: "Love em? Hate em? Indifferent?

Team Edward? Team Jacob?

Let's talk 'TWERD'...

I admit I am a HUGE Twilight fan... and am counting down the days till the 3rd movie release... I call this ..."

Edward

message 27: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (yahoodymcewan) | 20 comments Heather wrote: "Fiona wrote: "Love this series but in 2 words i'm TEAM JACOB!

b)I think the bedroom department would be much more interesti..."

ok lets start the hunt for yer very own Jacob then! lol xx

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Fiona wrote: "Heather wrote: "Fiona wrote: "Love this series but in 2 words i'm TEAM JACOB!

b)I think the bedroom department would be muc..."

Sounds Great!

message 29: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Okay my fellow TWERDS, 14 more days to go till Eclipse... eeek!!!! I can hear the screaming teenage girls already!!!! (so annoying, but something I'm willing to endure for the Cullen's)

Anyways, about to do my re-read of Eclipse before the flick.. and have just finished The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer .. and really liked it..

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I read all the books and The Short Second life of Bree Tannar. I thought Bella was to needy and I really liked Jasper.

message 31: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ladies... Who braved the line ups and screaming tweens to see Eclipse...??(Raising her hands, enthusiastically waving... screeching, 'I Did, I Did'....) I've gotta say... the dude that directed this one, is a flippin genius... LOVED IT... I laughed, I cried... and yes I admit, in one very amazing scene, I squirmed in my seat, and inwardly screamed like a besotted 13 year old...**sigh**... Got me some great dream material for the next little while, I'm not ashamed to admit... Only complaint...

BREAKING DAWN IS RUMORED TO NOT BE RELEASED TILL NOVEMBER, 2011... That my friends, is very cruel and unusual punishment, indeed....

message 32: by Heather (last edited Jul 01, 2010 06:17AM) (new)

Heather | 5 comments I am going Sat. night! GEESH.... I am going to end up dealing with the same crowd! It looks like it doesn't matter where you live, somethings will just be the same! :p

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather | 5 comments Ohh, for the record I am Team Edward. But Vamp's have always ruled in my mind since I was very, very little!

message 34: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments I'm team EDWARD all the way.

I'm going to go see the Eclipse tomorrow (Friday). Though, I have to tell you that while I was stuck at work (couldn't take off), bunch of my girlfriends took off work in the middle of the day to go see Eclipse. I'm so freaking disappointed that I couldn't go. They said it was so good!!! Ahhh!!

message 35: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Yay!!!!Team Edward!!! I'm so excited. Lol. It was very good guys, tell me what you think after.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) I'm going tomorrow (Friday) with the kid...her treat!

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (robnmich) | 7 comments it was the best one yet in my opinion :)

message 38: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Totally agree Michelle.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 35 comments I LOVE..LOVE ..this series!! it does bring back emotions of those "teenage" times..I had a "edward" at 16..who broke my heart..and while some thought bella "winey" all the time I could relate to those feelings & pain...I have collected hard cover..trade cover..paperback..puzzles..bookmarks. dvd movies..you name it...and team edward..I dont care for jacob...dont care for his personality...I did read The host..really liked the book..great story..didnt care for jared who professed to love melanie but kept hitting her ( the soul ) wonder if there will be a sequel?

message 40: by Wan (last edited Jul 02, 2010 07:31AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments Sandi wrote: "I LOVE..LOVE ..this series!! it does bring back emotions of those "teenage" times..I had a "edward" at 16..who broke my heart..and while some thought bella "winey" all the time I could relate to th..."

Sandi, I love the host too. I agree with you -- don't care for Jared but love Ian. There are supposed to be 2 more books, the Soul and the Seeker.

message 41: by Diana (new)

Diana Murdock | 27 comments Ok...I'm team Jacob, and not afraid to say it to you Edward fans :). I'm waiting until the crowds settle down before I venture out with my boys to see it. I don't know...a month from now? Here in this little town, the movie seats fill up fast. Looking forward to it though.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 35 comments Wan wrote: "Sandi wrote: "I LOVE..LOVE ..this series!! it does bring back emotions of those "teenage" times..I had a "edward" at 16..who broke my heart..and while some thought bella "winey" all the time I coul..."

NO WAY!! when? is there website just for the Host? or where I can keep up to date on these books? thanks for letting me know Wan

message 43: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I haven't read The Host yet, heard too many mixed reviews. But my obsession with the series ranks along with yours Sandi...

message 44: by Emily (new)

Emily (emdempster) | 5 comments Love The Twilight Saga ~ Team Edward most definitely. Have seen Eclipse twice now, once in a very young, very Team Jacob theater (it was brutal) the other in a nice, Team Edward one. The first movie for Breaking Dawn is scheduled to be released Nov 18, 2011. No date has been set for the second Breaking Dawn movie, but I'm guessing July 2012.

message 45: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I know... It's too long of a wait, and I am a very obsessed, very impatient TWERD. Lol. We're going a 2nd time aswell, on Tuesday.

message 46: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments I just saw Eclipse today, and loved it! I agree it's going to be a brutal wait for Breaking Dawn.

message 47: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick For all you Twi-hard, TWERDs as Shell refers to...they will be setting up camp soon in Vancouver. I hear that they will be filming back to back the last 2 installments of the movie series - Breaking Dawn.

I got my peepers peeled and ready to flock set - hehehe GO TEAM EDWARD and GO TEAM JACOB - what can I say, can't decide on either so I will take them both - thank you very much!
:)

message 48: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Please keep us posted. My girls and I are not averse to a road trip to the coast to take up stalking.

message 49: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick hahaha - good to know!!

message 50: by Megan (new)

Megan | 135 comments I just wanted to let everyone know there are some leaked Breaking Dawn pictures out there at the moment:

http://robs-closet.blogspot.com/2011/...

« previous 1