What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. art thriller

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) a thriller about art. evidently a relatively new book as people in a discussion were talking about reading it soon. I don't know the group or the title. Not much to go on, sorry, new "Goodreader"

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments Theft A Love Story by Peter Carey?

message 3: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) not it but I did add this one to my list
thanks for answering

message 4: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) Alana, not the one either but will enjoy this one for sure. Thanks

message 5: by Valissa (new)

Valissa (mehitabels) | 1 comments You might look up the author Peter Mayle - he writes mystery novels - I recall he wrote one about art forgery

message 6: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) Alana you are pretty good with this art theft group. Wish I had more to help narrow it down. I do remember that one of the women in the discussion was named Connie. Anyone know Connie?

message 7: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) Thanks Valissa. Added his book to my list too. My to-read list is growing steadily with everyone's suggestions. Still haven't hit the one tho.

message 8: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments You mean the conversation was on this site?

message 9: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) don't have a clue as to the site of the conversation. it was my first attempt to browse Goodreads and subsequently got lost in the myriad corridors - which I seem to do every time I come to the site.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Patty wrote: "don't have a clue as to the site of the conversation. it was my first attempt to browse Goodreads and subsequently got lost in the myriad corridors - which I seem to do every time I come to the site."

Patty, If you're looking for a conversation in which you posted you can go to your profile page. Click where it says Hi Patty at the top right of any page, and scroll down to where it says Patty's Groups (recent posts)

(recent posts) is a link. If you click on it, you'll see all the posts you've made here newest to oldest.

message 11: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) actually i didn't post, was just browsing to see what the site is all about. read lots of pages but never could find that one again.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Patty, That is frustrating. I hope you find it eventually. You can always bookmark pages in the future.

message 13: by Connie (new)

Connie It may be "The Swan Thieves" by Kosta

message 14: by Patty (last edited Mar 17, 2010 06:06PM) (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) Connie, this is not the book either but looks great. Are you the Connie that I might have followed in a discussion this morning? Don't know which group but there was a Connie and some mention of the book I think I am seeking. Called The Art______ or Art_____???

I just read some of your reviews and have decided to "follow" you. Looks like you are reading some interesting and different books.

message 15: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) nope, not it. do you think I had a dream and woke up as the title flashed by!?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Art Kills by Eric van Lustbader?

message 17: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (kingem) | 2 comments Could it be one of the books by Edward Dolnick? The Forgers Spell came out in paperback in June. He's also written The Rescue Artist. Both are non-fiction but are as readable as novels.

Also the Gardner Heist is newly out in paperback by Ulrich Boser

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments The Da Vinci Code The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown
Not new but with The Lost Symbol having come out people may have decided to read the first ones. (Angels and Demons being the first)

message 19: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) thanks for continuing to think about this. not the one tho. I did read his books a few years ago. ok but not as great as the hype.

message 20: by Lee (new)

Lee (leekat) Could it be one of Daniel Silva's latest books? He writes a series of featuring an assasin who is an art restorer.

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 289 comments So just to make sure ... this was definitely fiction?

message 23: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
What about Elaine Flynn's Molly Doyle series? Dealing in Murder? There are a number of other books/authors that are in this kind of vein too.

message 24: by Patty (new)

Patty Barnett (barnettfineart) Ya'll have given me some interesting titles to add to my reading list. The only ones I have read are those by Daniel Silva (Lee, I do enjoy his books)So, thanks to El and Ann.
Nikki, I am pretty sure that this was fiction but remember so little about the conversation I read my first time on Goodreads that I'm not sure about anything.

message 25: by CLM (new)

CLM | 302 comments I would add The Caravaggio Obsession to this discussion. A fun art thriller!

message 26: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Not in the least about art, but I vaguely recall that the main character of Trevanian's The Eiger Sanction collected art, and perhaps taught art history when he wasn't being an international assassin?

message 27: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Patty, do you want people to keep looking for this?

message 28: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Patty hasn't been active in several months. And she is not accepting PM's. So I'm going to say the next Mod to read this can move it down to Abandoned If there is no response.

message 29: by laurenpie (last edited Oct 04, 2013 10:03AM) (new)

laurenpie | 131 comments Elizabeth Kostova The Swan Thieves was promoted as an art thriller, though it doesn't at all read like one.

Edit: Oops! Nevermind, I see Patty already nixed it.