The Mortal Instruments discussion

Jace and Clary's Romance

Comments Showing 1-50 of 188 (188 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah So, I read the first book and was all eager and ready for Jace and Clary to be together. Finished the first book, and was pissed off completely. Read and loved the second book, sobbed like a maniac throughout because I just NEEDED them to be together whether or not it was creepy incense. I was happy with the ending of City of Glass, but I really didn't care whether or not if they were related. I still LOVED their romance. It was heartbreaking and beautiful. Am I the ONLY one who thinks it's gorgeous even if they are family? My sister thought it was gross...but the whole romance cast me many tears.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments They aren't related thought...

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Nephilim (Shades of Grey) wrote: "They aren't related thought..."

I know..but I didn't mind one way or the other. Whether or not they were related, I still loved their romance though many people said it was gross.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments Oh! Ok I get what you are saying now. And yeah, I still loved them being together. But I was one of the people that REFUSED to believe that they were related. I just loved it anyway. :D

message 5: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) i didn't care if they ended up together or not, actually i wanted Simon to be with her in both CoB & CoA, but gave up on the idea. don't get me wrong i like Jace too, but him and Clary are not my favorite couple.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I hate Simon..

message 7: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) Simon's my favorite character ;)

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I'm more into tragic/weird love scenarios. Example: Jace and Clary. I also love the sarcastic, demonic boys who finally find the girl they'll do anything for. I could care less about stupid vampire boys..

message 9: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) Simon isn't stupid, he had trouble with expressing his feelings and that's kinda normal him being a teenager and all.

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Shrug) Compared to Jace, he's lousy.

message 11: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) well i don't compare them, everyone's different and unique in their own way. They both had flaws and good points all together. it just depends on what you'd rather focus on.

message 12: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments Yeah, i loved their romance, it was sweet and sad and exciting... I hated Simon in the first two books the first time I read them, but loved him in City of Glass, and when I re read the series.

message 13: by Mimi (new)

Mimi I've always loved Simon. At first, when I discovered he had feelings for her (which I already figured out, it was so obvious), my heart broke, because I loved him so much (even if I love Jace more). He loved Clary, and he in no way deserved to have his heart broken. I also hated it when he and Clary dated. It was obviously awkward and uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean I didn't like Simon. I just had a problem with their relationship.

I was crazy in love with the forbidden romance theme. Two people, whom you know are destined to be together, but can't, forced to separate because of the laws of life. I mean, if I knew they were brother and sister from the beginning, I would still be in love with Jace, but I wouldn't really like the idea of their romantic love. Then again, they wouldn't even fall in love if they knew themselves... Cassie Clare did a brilliant job making Jace and Clary "brother and sister".

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Mimi wrote: "I've always loved Simon. At first, when I discovered he had feelings for her (which I already figured out, it was so obvious), my heart broke, because I loved him so much (even if I love Jace more)..."

Many authors could have made it completely gross and weird, the whole Jace + Clary thing, but Cassandra Clare did it perfectly to where your heart just broke. I agree

message 15: by Mimi (new)

Mimi I don't think I've ever read a story where the lovers are related, or think they're related, or whatever. Have you?

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Mimi wrote: "I don't think I've ever read a story where the lovers are related, or think they're related, or whatever. Have you?"

The Thirteenth Tale. The Abbots Key.

message 17: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Were they good?

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah The Thirteenth Tale is absolutely wonderful if you like Gothic Novels (which I certainly do) and The Abbots Key is a short story by Louisa May Alcott...at least I think it's called The Abbots Key. I'll go check and see if I got the name right, though!

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Sorry, it's not The Abbots Key. It's actually The Mysterius Key by: Louisa May Alcott. I mixed it up with a different one of her stories called, Abbots Ghost (which was equally good)

message 20: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments Nephilim (Shades of Grey) wrote: "They aren't related thought..."
i still think it is gross, like considering the romance was there when they THOUGHT they were related. but they still did it...

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Brianne wrote: "Nephilim (Shades of Grey) wrote: "They aren't related thought..."
i still think it is gross, like considering the romance was there when they THOUGHT they were related. but they still did it..."

Really!? I thought it was beautiful...

message 22: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) Brianne wrote: "Nephilim (Shades of Grey) wrote: "They aren't related thought..."
i still think it is gross, like considering the romance was there when they THOUGHT they were related. but they still did it..."

i'm totally with you on that.

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather | 5 comments The reason I think the romance worked is because there were enough hints throughout the book so you ( or at least I) kind of knew they weren't related. For me the tension was in watching them believe they were and wondering when they would find out the truth.

message 24: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) it was weird because THEY thought they really were siblings, it didn't make it better that it was obvious throughout the books for the reader.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahahah yah! But they're sioooo cute!

message 26: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) yeah they are, but not my favorite couple anyways

message 27: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Daylighter wrote: "yeah they are, but not my favorite couple anyways"

Who is? Magnus and Alec?

message 28: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh of coarse ;) oh and then after that it would be Simon and whoever ends up with him (hopefully Maia) and then it's Clary & Jace.

message 29: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments you can't help but love magnus and alec!

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather | 5 comments .***SPOILER ALERT**** I think you missed the point I was trying to make. They were trying to stop loving each other but because they weren't really brother and sister they couldn't stop. If they had been then Clary would have felt like she did when she kissed Sebastian. There was this unstoppable attraction BECAUSE Jace was not her brother

message 31: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) ok i see what you're saying and it makes sense if you look at it that way, it makes it all really tragic, cute and etc. but i don't really get that whole thing with her not feeling right about kissing Sebastien, because it isn't logical (at least in my head). I mean there isn't a magical feeling between siblings to know that it's wrong to kiss each other, it's purely based on human morals. sorry if that didn't make sense or was a little confusing. i can't explain it well.

message 32: by Mimi (new)

Mimi I agree with you guys (Heather, Brianne, and Daylighter). Who do you think Simon should end up with? Maia or Isabelle?

message 33: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) definitely Maia, because she liked him even before he turned into a vampire and didn't just start noticing him after he became all confident in CoG, like Izzy. don't get me wrong i love Izzy too but i don't think Simon and her are really a good match. plus both Maia and Simon are downworlders, so it might help their relationship.

message 34: by Tsadhe (new)

Tsadhe Edwards (iswim12794) | 9 comments Yea i agree with Daylighter
Izzys just stuck up she needs
like a high rich guy that is as
much in love with himself as she
is.

message 35: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments i don't think izzy really likes him.
she's the sort that just likes to date people, everyone not just simon, so i don't think she wants a committed relationship.

message 36: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments yea, probably

message 37: by Rose (new)

Rose (x-divinity-x) | 9 comments Hannah wrote: "So, I read the first book and was all eager and ready for Jace and Clary to be together. Finished the first book, and was pissed off completely. Read and loved the second book, sobbed like a maniac..."

It's a beautiful romance! At first I was grossed out by the idea of incest, but then after I got over that I was willing them to get together too! I'm really happy they aren't related though! :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Daylighter wrote: "Simon isn't stupid, he had trouble with expressing his feelings and that's kinda normal him being a teenager and all."

I love all the characters :D especially jace...haha

message 39: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments i find it funny more than half the people clary kisses are her siblings.

XD

message 40: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) and the one who wasn't she saw as her brother lol :D i'm talking about Simon, not Jace

message 41: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments it'd be so sad if in the fourth book
SURPRISE! Simon actually IS your brother!

message 42: by B (new)

B | 10 comments I wonder what happens between Jace and Clary now, since they can freely date. Joycelin doesn't truly trust him, Simon is sulking... and according to the description to the book, we got some news flashes for both Jace and Clary... CAN'T WAIT!!!!

message 43: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) oooh this looks really good--- I wonder what theyre gonna do now that Valentine is gone who is the "bad guy"?

message 44: by B (new)

B | 10 comments someone from the clockwork series may be??
and i think there is more to the whole Cain mark thing

message 45: by Mint (new)

Mint | 3 comments *Care* wrote: "oooh this looks really good--- I wonder what theyre gonna do now that Valentine is gone who is the "bad guy"?"

maybe he is going to come back to life?
xD

message 46: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) Mint wrote: "*Care* wrote: "oooh this looks really good--- I wonder what theyre gonna do now that Valentine is gone who is the "bad guy"?"

xD"

actually no he's not, Cassie said that we already know the new "bad guy" from the first three books

message 47: by Delia (new)

Delia (unfogettablelex) We do??

and whats the whole clockwork thing about is it like one of those books thats like out of the series or something??

message 48: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Daylighter wrote: "Mint wrote: "*Care* wrote: "oooh this looks really good--- I wonder what theyre gonna do now that Valentine is gone who is the "bad guy"?"

xD"

actually no ..."

Jonathan could come back. Or... what if Magnus turned bad? Idk, just thinking

@Care: The Clockwork Angle is going to be a part of the "prequel series", called The Infernal Devices. It's set back in time from The Mortal Instruments.

message 49: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) but Jonathon's dead already so it's new villain =D

message 50: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments true, i thought the series should have been ended, all the loose ends are tied up.

« previous 1 3 4