The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi all from the South

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 9 comments Hi all. I'm Lauren and I'm 17. I'm originally from Michigan, we moved to the south when i was 9. I miss the north a lot. I love, love, love, love, (multiply that by a million) to read. I taught myself to read when i was 5, and basically haven't stopped since. I'm homeschooled and have been since kindergarten, so i can basically devote as much time as i want to my reading, which is to say between %80-90 of my time. I read almost everything, with the exception of horror and gay romance. I've been on Goodreads since last year, but only started getting really active, joining groups, adding books and so on, this year. My favorite genres are Romance and YA fiction. I got into paranormal romance last year, and haven't been able to get enough of it ever since. I am always on the lookout for new books, and that's a big part of the reason why i joined this group. I'm always looking for the Next Best Book. A few other things about me, i also love to cook and hope to become a chef, and i also love photography and writing and learning. I love animals and have a lot of pets. I accept almost all friend requests, so if you want to be friends, just send a request my way. :)

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Welcome Lauren. Love the profile pix. Is that your kitty?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 9 comments Glad you like it. I have three kitties, but it's not one of mine. None of them would sit still long enough for me to get a picture like that.

message 4: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments Lauren, I gotta cut and paste this as an example of what home school can do. My kids (5) call it 'home's cool'. And I catch a lot of grief from well-meaning, "concerned citizen" bizzy bodies who cant keep out of my bizzness.

Check out my site. If you see anything you like, subscribe and give me a shout. I'll eBook you a copy. You might like 'Cookin' Away With j, the man who takes the 'T' out of diet'
www.jguevaranovles.com

(my kids are reading you right now going "wowww daddy, this guy's smart." hehehe btw, they're ESL (English as a second language) their first language is Wari (Filipino dialect)

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 9 comments Yeah, back in Michigan we got a lot of grief about the fact that i was homeschooled. People calling CPS and a bunch of other annoying BS. It was part of the reason why we left. The link to your website isn't working.

message 6: by J. (last edited Mar 15, 2010 07:58PM) (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments been working all morning far as I know. had several hits already from goodreaders. could be the link i sent. try this www.jguevaranovels.com or go to my profile. I know that one works.

opps, my bad. i misspelled it.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 9 comments That one worked. Thanks. I took a look at your blog, Definitive Truths Of Health Care is hilarious!

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 453 comments Hey Lauren! I'm from AL! Where are you?

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Hi Lauren and welcome! Being a booklover, you will absolutely fit in here!

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex HI Lauren! There's a great series of articles on home schooling in Salon: parts One, Two and Three. J, you might dig 'em too. The articles are written by a home-schooler.

(In case anyone cares about my opinion, which you certainly shouldn't: I think it's great if the schooling parent is a great teacher, and it sucks if the schooling parent sucks.)

message 11: by JSou (new)

JSou Hi, Lauren! Welcome to TNBBC!

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol Alex wrote: "HI Lauren! There's a great series of articles on home schooling in Salon: parts One, Two and Three. J, you might dig 'em too. The articles are written by a home-schooler.

(In case anyone cares ..."

Stands to reason