Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Other HEA > Romantic Places

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Can you think of any romantic places you've been or want to go to?

message 2: by Eastofoz (last edited Mar 15, 2010 07:03PM) (new)

Eastofoz Well there are the standards for me: Venice, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Capri any of the islands of the South Pacific like Tahiti or the Greek isles.

message 3: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments My hubby and I have found a couple of romantic hideaways, one in Estes Park, CO and another one nearby in Prescott, AZ. I love nice quiet and quaint little bed & breakfasts. I just wish we could afford to go there more often. Maybe with hubby's new job we'll be able to do that. I can dream anyway.:-)

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments sounds nice. I was stationed in Hawaii and would love to go back & visit Maui with hubby. I like islands for some reason, though I got rock fever pretty bad when I was in Hawaii.
I tease my hubby about moving to Arizona all the time because he says he wants to move to Montana. :)
So any heart shaped beds? lol

message 5: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments LOL! No heart-shaped beds, but we did get a room with a red, heart-shaped jacuzzi tub on our honeymoon. Does that count?;-)

Both of our favorite spots have romantic fireplaces and the one in Estes Park also has a jacuzzi tub for two which I loooove.

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I love the jacuzzi tubs! When hubby was in the Navy and came back from his 6 month cruises I always got a hotel room and tried to get one with jacuzzis. We went through 6 cruises :) We lived in Va. Beach VA so we had some good hotels there.

message 7: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie (lizzierw) | 2526 comments I've been to a lot of places. Like Venice, Mexico, Cyprus. I think Plymouth Devon Uk (Where I am from) is quite romantic. In a way.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I've always wanted to go to England. It does sound romantic.

message 9: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments I love waterfalls.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 2061 comments Abigail wrote: "I love waterfalls."

Ditto. So peaceful and quiet.

message 11: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natilia) | 24 comments A romantic place to escape with someone to love me, it would certainly be, Portofino, Italy. Watch the pictures of the place, is like the paradise :)

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Portofino, Italy

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 397 comments I love the Dune de Pyla in the south west of France. It's the highest sand dune in Europe and when you climb to the top the view is breath-taking and makes you very aware of just how small you are in the scheme of life.

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Man, do I need a vacation. And money. ;)

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Me, too, Abigail!

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 2061 comments Me, three.

message 17: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Spencer (cm_spencer) | 111 comments My husband and I, who haven't had a real vacation in years, are going to Nova Scotia new week. Can anyone suggest any romantic locations there? Thanks!

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I've never been, but have fun...and lots of romance. ;o)

message 19: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments No, Cathy but it sounds fun!

message 20: by Joeera (last edited Nov 17, 2014 09:15AM) (new)

Joeera  | 128 comments I am also going on vacation. I will be going from here to Abi Dabhi for one day then off to Pakistan for a wedding. On the way back i will be staying 3 weeks in Abi Dabhi. I will be leaving on friday and comming back on the 13 of Feb.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Have a wonderful time, Joeera!

message 22: by Joeera (last edited Nov 17, 2014 09:17AM) (new)

Joeera  | 128 comments Thank u can't waite to leave. It started snowing here. The ony i don't like is the long plain trip last year when i went to Pakistan we were in the plane for 18 hours not fun.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1404 comments For our 25th anniversary we did a Med cruise that ported in Venice. It was very nice and we built a couple of days before and after to enjoy Venice. We stayed at this BnB that had french doors with two balconies overlooking the canal. Although you can't take a ton of those trips and sometimes you just want the short get away. It's been years and we keep meaning to return, but we loved the Mountain Home Inn across the bay from San Francisco. The room 's one side was basically a window which overlooked the bay and the lights of San Francisco. You have Muir Woods to hike, the wine country, etc. I could go on and on.

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) (anovelglimpse) Sunset on a Hawaiian island

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1404 comments For Abigail and waterfall lovers. One summer we vacationed at Whistler in Canada. I know it's a ski resort, but in the summer they have the best waterfall hikes.