The School of Essential Ingredients The School of Essential Ingredients discussion

If you like

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti Is there a place on this site that recommends "if you like books by this author, you'll like..."? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks

Brette The closest thing you can get is the listopia that appears below the book. Most people who rate the book very well have similar tastes and genres as the book you clicked on.

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee goodreads is actually getting ready to roll out a recommendation for books you have liked - it is going through some Beta testing right now - I think they hope to get it out in september

you can also try these two websites:
www.literature-map.com - plug in the name of the author and you'll get similar ones back or

www.whatshouldIreadnext.com - plug in the title of the book and get similar ones

Sara I agree with Dee. GoodReads doesn't have what you are looking for (yet). Go to WhatshouldIreadnext.com. Type in the book you liked and you get a result list of recommendations!

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee off to the right side of the book page, there is a, other readers who read, also checked out...

mine shows some of the following:
The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
The Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barbara O'Neal
Bread Alone by Judi Hendricks
The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate
Confections of a Closet Master Baker by Gesine Bullock-Prado
Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger
A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg
The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry

Barbara I can recommend "The Love Goddess Cooking School" if you liked "The school of Essential Ingedients." They have similar themes. I liked both of them very much. I am also looking at other books by the same author; "Joy for Beginners" and "The Lost Art of Mixing."

Laura Hodgins Dee wrote: "goodreads is actually getting ready to roll out a recommendation for books you have liked - it is going through some Beta testing right now - I think they hope to get it out in september

you can a..."

Thanks for the info.