TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Randomness > As an outsider

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Camille (new)

Camille (Ashera) | 47 comments I'm asking you why do you think Twilight is so addictive and turn such perfectly fine girls into stupid and shallow bitches like Bella?

message 2: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Because...
Um, I'm going to think about this and get back to you on that.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Becuase it is fast paced.... even through all the "And a couple hundred pages later...." stuff. Bella, despite her stupidity, is someone all girls (except us) want to be. She's pretty (but in the beginning of the book she says she's plain looking...), smart, fun... BLA BLA BLA MARY SUE-Y BLA BLA.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Because it is pretty fast pace, easy to read and even though you don't want to admit it almost every girl deep down wants that seemingly perfect guy who cares sooo much it hurts.
It's a modern day fairy tale

message 5: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments Yeah. Umm... OH!
Every girl wants their Prince Charming, and since Princey doesn't exist (unless he's gay, grrrr >:|* ) they turn to Twilight, to get their Edward fix.
As for Bella, everyone wants to be well liked, and pretty. More of the latter (for SOME not all, so get rid of the flames people!), but hey.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I know every good guy is gay or taken

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I don't find Edward charming at all. I would not want a guy who sparkles, and is tempted to eat me. Or a guy who is really old.

message 8: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Or one who stalks me, then breaks into my house to watch me sleep *shudder*

message 9: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Here's what I see.

All the good-looking guys are jerks.
All the nice guys are ugly.
And all the nice AND good-looking guys are either gay or taken.

FUCK YOU, WORLD!

message 10: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (last edited Apr 10, 2010 03:29AM) (new)

Jamine Isabel E. Uy (candy-rain) | 3069 comments Mod
Your Friendly Neighborhood Grammar Nazi wrote: "Here's what I see.

All the good-looking guys are jerks.
All the nice guys are ugly.
And all the nice AND good-looking guys are either gay or taken.

FUCK YOU, WORLD!"

Hahah well just because theres a rotten apple, doesn't mean the whole barell is.

I'm lucky my bf is nice and I'm proud to say he's smart (a scholar) hot (soccer captain) and good looking :D

message 11: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) *sigh* Over-achiever...

message 12: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments LUCKY!!

message 13: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (last edited Apr 10, 2010 03:31AM) (new)

Hahaha thanks peoples :) But that doesn't mean we don't quarell... :P

All you gotta do is keep your options open and wait for the guy that just gives you the goosebumps :)

I mean, back then, all I ever dated were Asians, and now I just don't like Asian guys... period! :P hahah My current bf is half brit and spanish so it's a good mix of trying the European men :) :D

message 14: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments ohh nice ;D

message 15: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

hahah thanks Silverwolf :) I'm very happy with him. :D

message 16: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Thats good :)

message 17: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Well here's a tip I wanna give you girls and guys. There's this song that got me thinking about keeping my options open and not go in a relationship just because your peers kinda push you to it.

It's by England Dan and John Ford Coley, it's titled "Sad to Belong"

here, I'll paste the lyrics.

I met you on a springtime day,
You were minding your life and I was minding mine too.
Lady, when you looked my way,
I had a strange sensation and Darling, that's when I knew...

That it's sad to belong to someone else,
When the right one comes along.
Yes, it's sad to belong to someone else,

Oh, I wake up in the night,
And I reach beside me hoping you would be there.
But instead I find someone,
Who believed in me when I said I'd always care...

Oh, it's sad to belong to someone else,

So I'll live my life in a dream world,
For the rest of my days.
Just you and me walking hand in hand,
In a wishful memory...
Oh, I guess it's all that it will ever be...

I wish I had a time machine, I could,
Make myself go back until the day I was born.
Then I would live my life again,
And rearrange it so that I'd be yours from now on.

message 18: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) You're still an overachiever.

HE'S BRITISH AND SPANISH?

message 19: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (last edited Apr 11, 2010 06:22AM) (new)

Lol. Yeah. :) Is that bad? I think it's UBER HOT! :P

I love Latino men, and I sure LOVE Caucasian guys... then again I love both! :D hahahaha

An over-achiever? is that bad too? :P

message 20: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Rose wrote: "Mmm, I'm surrounded by Latino men every single day of my life. I mean, seriously, you can't go around the block without seeing fifty guys sitting around drinking beer...at EVERY HOUSE.
Yeah, I don'..."

YUP! That's a great idea! :D

Don't rush into a relationship just because you feel that you NEED a guy.

Hahahah I love giving romantic/relationship advise ;)

Every single guy in the world will dump a needy chick in a flash, maybe after using her for... you know...

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments ~*~ Candy-Rain ~*~ wrote: "Lol. Yeah. :) Is that bad? I think it's UBER HOT! :P

I love Latino men, and I sure LOVE Caucasian guys... then again I love both! :D hahahaha

An over-achiever? is that bad too? :P"

Aww, lucky... SEE? ALL THE GOOD GUYS ARE ALWAYS TAKEN...

message 22: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Awww... thanks :) Yeah I'm pretty lucky but he keeps telling me how lucky he is :P hahahah

There are LOTS of good guys, darl. They just come in different shapes and sizes. :)

So like I said before... keep your options open. Don't rush into a relationship. Let it take you naturally. :)

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments You're right, Rain - There are plenty of guys. But most of the time, as everyone else said, they're gay or taken. Usually taken. :D

My mom is always pressuring me into like, "Date an ASIAN GUY!!" cuz I'm Asian, so I'm just cringing and going, "Noo...!" I mean, there are plenty of them, they're just not at all... well... not my type. And then the guys in my school... They're very immature, and weird, and kind of on the slow side... XD

SOOOOOO! I'm still waiting.. !

message 24: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ wrote: "You're right, Rain - There are plenty of guys. But most of the time, as everyone else said, they're gay or taken. Usually taken. :D

My mom is always pressuring me into like, "Date an ASIAN GUY!!..."

Hahaha, well I'm in University hun.

I'd say the guys you want are the guys in College... or ones with a job.

My bf is a lawyer and is studying his masters as well. He get's pretty stressed... :'( so it's my job as the gf to help ease some of that stress. He's older than my by 4 years.

Just because your mum says you should date an Asian doesn't mean you SHOULD.

It's your life... not theirs. You handle your own fate.

message 25: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ wrote: "You're right, Rain - There are plenty of guys. But most of the time, as everyone else said, they're gay or taken. Usually taken. :D

My mom is always pressuring me into like, "Date an ASIAN GUY!!..."

Oh btw, about the great guys being taken or gay. You'd never know until you try.

You might be lucky that the guy you have had your eyes on is single, or even better... is interested in you ;)

Although just let yours come. Let fate do it's part and you do yours.

I never thought I'd meet my bf the way I did. But now I'm the happiest girl :)

message 26: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) You guys should watch "Girls Are Like M&Ms" by KevJumba. It's hilarious. :)

I'm not dating until 16 - and only on group dates. At 18 I'll start single dating. I'm not having any boyfriends until I'm over 20.

message 27: by Kimathy (new)

Kimathy that's really cool, this is silly but i want by first kiss to be my wedding day kiss lol :*

message 28: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

That's not a bad dream. :D

message 29: by Keara (last edited Apr 11, 2010 07:54PM) (new)

Keara (kearachristine) That's why you DATE to see if they really are.

Same here, but I hate saying that. Everybody criticizes me for it.

message 30: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Rose wrote: "Well of course, but seriously, can you really expect to fall in love with anyone without having kissed them at least once? I mean, what if on your wedding day, after having dated long enough to kno..."

I do agree. Plus, kissing guys will make you a great kisser ;) I hate guys who kiss like a fish!! EW!

message 31: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Rose wrote: "Well of course, but seriously, can you really expect to fall in love with anyone without having kissed them at least once? I mean, what if on your wedding day, after having dated long enough to kno..."

Not to bring religion into this...

message 32: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Just say sex or making love, Rose! It's cool! XD

Yes... fish kisses are disgusting... especially if it comes from a man. Ugh!

God... I'm just thankful mine is great at it ;)

message 33: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Rose wrote: "Your Friendly Neighborhood Grammar Nazi wrote: "Rose wrote: "Well of course, but seriously, can you really expect to fall in love with anyone without having kissed them at least once? I mean, what ..."

No, my religion doesn't go against kissing.

I just trust my God enough to tell me if I'm making a mistake.

message 34: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Yeah. And THIS is why I don't like bringing this stuff up.

message 35: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Okies. ^.^

message 36: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Rose wrote: "So what...mermen kisses for you? XD"

Hahahah Incubus kisses my dear. ;)

message 37: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) o.o I know what that is! I'm not proud of it... but I know what that is!

message 38: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Gah, now I feel screwed. Religion says: NO dating, NO boyfriends, NO sex before marriage, NO kissing before marriage, NO holding hands, NO being around a guy in general (but I break that rule lol).... >.> Now I feel like an inexperienced idiot who is going to have a horrible adult life because my parents are choosing who I marry... DAMN.

message 39: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) :P Sucks for you!

message 40: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

NOOOOOOO I hate arranged marriage!! People should marry for love!

message 41: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments I know >.> Count your blessing everyone; remember: as bad as it can get, you don't have it as bad as I do.

message 42: by Mutt (new)

Mutt | 98 comments Camille wrote: "I'm asking you why do you think Twilight is so addictive and turn such perfectly fine girls into stupid and shallow bitches like Bella?"

It's simple. Bella has so little character that the reader is forced to insert their own personality into Bella. Once they've done that, then an adventure series ALL ABOUT THEM gets their egos addicted.

Edward is also missing a personality, which makes it easier to insert the personality of their crush. Once the crush doesn't live up to the dream of how they should be, Edward has taken over the positive aspects of the crush with none of the negatives, making him seem all the more perfect.

There's also the fairy tale aspect of the story, which makes light of all kinds of things such as Bella's emotional abuse of Jacob and her suicide attempts as well as Edward's and Jacob's overbearing behaviour toward Bella. While plenty happens during the story, nothing is really shown to have lasting effects unless these effects are positive...

Up yours, SMeyer...

message 43: by AA (last edited Apr 13, 2010 12:34PM) (new)

AA | 1397 comments That and many of these girls are well overdue for human touch. What I mean is that many of these girls are the type that don't get asked out much, or aren't very social and/or are shy. I'm not trying to stereotype them, but this is how some of them are. So, when they read a book where they've inserted their personality into the main characters, whos getting a LOT of attention from men it boots their confidence. Especially since Bella is supposed to be a wallflower type of girl, like them. They don't care that these men are dangerous etc, just that the men are pinning after them. Another reason why preteen girls like Twilight.

message 44: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Someone pointed out that Bella has so little personality that everyone (well, not EVERYONE) is pretty much forced to put themselves in Bella's place, especially since it's written in first person. It's like putting on pants or something. Like... the brainwashing pants. :P

message 45: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Um yeah, thats what Mutt said above.

message 46: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) How would pants wash your brain?

message 47: by Casey (last edited Apr 15, 2010 01:47PM) (new)

Casey Well, if you took out your brain and put it in your pant's pocket. Then you forget about it because you're brainless, then your mom washes it.

message 48: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Why would you put your brain in your pants?

message 49: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments PAAAAAAAAAAAANTS.

...I had to do that.

message 50: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Your Friendly Neighborhood Grammar Nazi wrote: "Why would you put your brain in your pants?"

If the voices told you to. Duh.

« previous 1