The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Do I like this book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Toelwe Po I don't really like it because it's a little bit borning

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Hey there, I actually loved this book, thought it was a very fast paced, gripping story that was hard to put down. One of the best young adult books I've read recently.
Did you finish it?

Toelwe Po not yet!

Tami Boring? Really? I would never use that word to describe either this book or the sequel. Can't wait for the third! Great book, but if you are thinking of reading it, DO NOT JUDGE it by the synopsis. That makes it sound like a horribly, depressing and gory book. Not so.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yeah, I agree with Tami, it was far from being boring for me too. Just give it a try a bit longer and if you don't like it you don't like it.

The synopsis sounded very interesting to me actually, and once I got my hands on it, it was hard to stop :)

Toelwe Po ok sorry then!

Toelwe Po OK!

Olivia I thought this was a very good book. I especially liked the action!

Hylian Princess Boring??? Did we read the same book?? lol

message 10: by Sara (last edited Apr 03, 2011 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Hylian Princess wrote: "Boring??? Did we read the same book?? lol"

At this point I'm doubting it, cause I found this book (better even, this trilogy!) really GREAT! After months of vampires and werewolves, I thought this wasn't really my genre, but when I started Hunger Games I totally loved it! And "boring" insn't a word I would use to describe this book! It was amazing!

Hylian Princess I agree!! I've never read a book quite like it. The closest, I think, is Lord of the Flies.

Nurlely Great series. Excellent storyline. I really enjoyed reading Hunger Games. I was immediately distracted from my angels, nephilim, vampires, fey and other supernatural beings. I love Katniss and Peeta. Hunger Games was amazing!

Megan I loved the first book of the series, but the 2nd one wasn't AS great. And the third was awesome and all, but mockingjay was really depressing. Katniss was all, "Oh, woe is me!" "How on earth am I going to live with myself?!" She really annoyed me. And Gale shouldn't have become her love, and Suzanne Collins really blew it with Peeta and Katniss in the last book. The first one was the best.

Cindi See, I don't plan to read the 2nd book because the whole concept depressed me. Don't get me wrong, the book was well-written, characters well-developed, etc. But I just cringed over the killing by these poor young kids! I am glad I didn't live during the Roman times, I would have been doing ANYTHING but heading out to the Colliseum . . . I am such a wuss! Can't read "true crime" books either . . .

Megan Haha, Cindi, I get what you mean. I only liked it for the romance and the adventure. I agree it was VERY depressing, and it gets even more depressing as the books progress, and the only way to totally understand the whole series, is if you read all the books at once.

No, Cindi, you are NOT a wuss!! I wouldn't have gone to the Colliseum either.

MizziQ I really liked the 1st book. But when I read the book after that it seemed all she was doing was pitying herself. And unlike everybody else it seems I hated all the romance. I coudn't get through even the 2nd one. It came as a total surprise because the 1st one hardly had any. :(

Olivia Well, did you FINISH reading the book??

MizziQ As I said, I coudn't get through the second book. I'm not trying to bash it. I just coudn't get through it. Maybe I will later. I really loved the 1st one though. A good writer.

Olivia Yeah, I agree that she is a good writer!

MizziQ I was surprised at how much I liked it, since I almost didn't pick it up because of the gore. Then it turned out to be not that bad, by the way of goriness.

Megan Suzanne Collins is a fabulous writer!!! I read her first series Gregor the Overlander (AMAZING READ), and fell in love with it. Then I waited three months to finally get my hands on Hunger Games (it's so popular at the library), and fell in love with the series. I agree with Kara, Katniss really was kind of pitying herself. She got on my nerves for a while. I almost didn't make it through Mockingjay because she annoyed me so much.

Tracy I was on vacation at my brothers when I read this book. I always carry a book with my everywhere and one night I was reading and my sister in law said she had a book that I just had to read (she does this to me every year when I vacation there). She gave me The Hunger Games and it took me a day and a half to read it. I loved it but when I read Catching Fire I was really angry with the whole situation in the Capitol. I am still reading Mockingjay but I don't think it is anything like the first two.

Nurlely I love both, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Everything was heating up in Catching Fire, as it was meant to be. The Hunger Games introduced me with an awesome hunger games, where Katniss and Peeta tried their best to win. Catching Fire gave me a better game, where Capitol was trying its best to kill Katniss and Peeta, to actually have them in a kill game, not to have a winner.
Suzanne Collins is absolutely an excellent writer!! Can't wait to reread Mockingjay...

Jesla yes i do

Erica ive read all three in the series they are all awesome except for the end of mokingjay.

Megan I agree with Erica.

Jesla yes i like this book

message 28: by Nia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nia i love this book

Jesla this book is the bomb

Ondrea i love all three of the books, but the first two are the very best. they are suspenseful, thats what makes you want to keep reading on in the series.

Megan Yes, Ondrea. Although, I have to say Catching Fire was starting to go downhill as it progressed, but I liked it when they were in the arena. Mockingjay wasn't that great though. It was awesome for the adventure and all, but it was just plain depressing, and Katniss annoyed the crap outta me.

Ondrea I agree that the last one definitely wasnt that great... it had way too much killing, that almost what the whole book was about... and i agree the beginning of Catching Fire was kind of slow but the speed caught up later on in the book...

Megamarie I've only read the first book and I'm currently reading the second one. I really love it. I couldn't put it down.

Black Queen It's one of the best book I have read.

Richard Dietz This is a great book.

Jacob Hires I can say that this was an OK book, but far from the best I've ever read. This book was extremely fast with lots of action, but gets quite repetitive after a while. Plus, the other two books in the series really aren't the great, and I was horribly unimpressed with the last book.

Serena Toelwe wrote: "I don't really like it because it's a little bit borning"

how is it boring? can u READ? this book nis filled with drama and MURDER!

Serena Jacob wrote: "I can say that this was an OK book, but far from the best I've ever read. This book was extremely fast with lots of action, but gets quite repetitive after a while. Plus, the other two books in the..."

whats the best u evre read cuz it must be FANTASTIC if its better then this book. u SUCK.

Kenzy This is one of the best series I have ever read in my life. And trust me, I've read ALOT of books. I love how Katniss goes out of her way to sacrifice herself for the people she loves; I'm not one for romance novels but this is a romance novel with a twist. It's fast-paced and hard to put down, Suzanne Collins did a remarkable job with this series. Repetitive or not, this was truly an inspirational story filled with basically a mixture of everything and yet it was a great book. Kudos to Suzanne Collins! (:

Osvaldo Ortega I liked it very much myself, so much that I am saving reading the rest of the books to savor the story.

Serena Kenzy wrote: "This is one of the best series I have ever read in my life. And trust me, I've read ALOT of books. I love how Katniss goes out of her way to sacrifice herself for the people she loves; I'm not one ..."

finaly sone people in this chat got some sents this is one of the best books ever freakin writin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINNICK RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM FINNNICK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!;)

Tamara Serena wrote: "Kenzy wrote: "This is one of the best series I have ever read in my life. And trust me, I've read ALOT of books. I love how Katniss goes out of her way to sacrifice herself for the people she loves..."

lol ur a loser serena!! but ya the hunger games is the best and finnick is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan Ondrea wrote: "I agree that the last one definitely wasnt that great... it had way too much killing, that almost what the whole book was about... and i agree the beginning of Catching Fire was kind of slow but th..."

I agree.

Daggy Loved the triliogy! Fast-pace action and I literally didn't want to put it down at all! Enjoyed every last bit of the book, The Hunger Games was absolutely amazing!!

Tamara Becky wrote: "Ondrea wrote: "I agree that the last one definitely wasnt that great... it had way too much killing, that almost what the whole book was about... and i agree the beginning of Catching Fire was kind..."

killing is great!!! the whole series has killing in it!! its intense!!

Megan Yes, it is great, but there was too much of it in Mockingjay. I mean, I know how every author likes to kill off everybody's favorite characters in the last book, but man, Suzanne Collins practically mkilled everybody but Haymitch, Katniss, Peeta, and Gale (I think he lived, right?)!! Veryone else was dead except for Katniss' mom, but everyone else was gone!!

message 47: by Cole (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cole I hated it.

message 48: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose Well, in the beginning i didn't really like it. I couldn't really see the whole thing with the districts and people that cannot decide whatever they want to work with or even this whole Hunger Games thing. But when i finished book number two i must admit that i got quite addicted. So now, yes i love it, but when i startet i kinda hated it.

Serena Cole wrote: "I hated it."

wats rng wit u r u retared

Kendall Anne Serena wrote: "Cole wrote: "I hated it."

wats rng wit u r u retared"

ok... can we respect peoples opinions?

« previous 1