Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Gena Showalter
This topic is about Gena Showalter
Series Discussions > Lords of the Underworld - Gena Showalter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 182 (182 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

message 2: by Mar (new)

Mar Adore Reyes. Luv the LOTU series!!

message 3: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Mar wrote: "Adore Reyes. Luv the LOTU series!!"

Another to bump up the TBR then! Read the back of the first one in the bookshop today and thought it sounded good.

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Hoxit (clove311) | 8 comments Recently got the sample on my kindle and thought it sounded good, will definately have to move it up in the TBR pile :)

message 5: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Should I read Lords of the Underworld next in preference to Midnight Breeds and Anita Blake? Why?

I want to start to read another series and am not sure which. I would like some opinions on why I should read one rather than the other next. (I'm posting this under a couple of series to get several opinions) Thanks everyone :)

message 6: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments Well I think you can compare this series with the Midnight Breeds or the books from J.R. Ward. It's a good story about demons. Very good in my opinion. I like to read the books but in Germany it is sometimes a little bit difficutl to get the books.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 89 comments LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!

message 8: by Felon (new)

Felon | 68 comments liking this series a lot. it's holding me over after finishing the last BDB book.

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex Edwards | 3 comments im addicted to this series nothing better than a group of hunky guys who are tortured by there demons litrally.it very difficult to pick a fav lord a bit like BDB series i can never pick my fav brother lol

message 10: by Felon (new)

Felon | 68 comments it changes every book! but so far i think i like lucien, or gideon, or maddox.... ha ha
going to pick up some of the related books in the series today.

message 11: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 468 comments I really enjoyed the first, it's the only 1 I have read but I also have book 2 ready :D

message 12: by Betty (new)

Betty Hogan (bhogan) | 13 comments Love Love Love this series I can't wait till the next one

message 13: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments IMO, this is one of the top, A-list series out there.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Just started reading this series a few months ago. Love, love, love it!

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 19 comments I've been meaning to buy this series.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan Katie wrote: "I've been meaning to buy this series."

Don't hesitate!

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan I had a tough time with #6, Gideon's book - but thank heavens Gena S. repeated his "lies" in truth - (HA) otherwise...you kinda get lost...but HOT HOT
and I would still recommend ALL of them

But yeah Reyes is hot
but Maddox is...hot... and...
sigh

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I've read the 1st four books and a few shorts and so far I have to say Maddox is my favorite.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments So excited this one is our group series. I've already read the first two books, but I'm still happy to jump in.

We'll be starting with The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter . There is a prequel short story The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld, #0.5 Prequel) by Gena Showalter , so just a heads up. I think I'll try it out just for the heck of it.

Remember spoilers people! Use the tags.

message 20: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I'm so excited too. I've been wanting to start this series for a while now. Now I just have to wait for my book to arrive.

message 21: by Angella (new)

Angella | 1 comments I'm on book nine and i'm not enjoying it as much considering I've been dying to here Paris story.I find myself more interested in the back story about the other unhitched warriors.I do have to agree Maddox story was the best...I also liked Reyes.

message 22: by Cmkage (new)

Cmkage | 46 comments I've just started to read the first book in this series. So many people seem to love this series, so I have high expectations...

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments For me the first book was awful!! I actaully liked the second one a lot more.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Lol, Shera. I loved the first book. I haven't had a chance to read The Darkest Lie yet. I'm trying to get caught up on reviews before I indulge myself with books from my TBR pile.

message 25: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments This is a series that I would definitely recommend. I have read all of the LOTU series. Each one is different and Ms. Showalter is good at infusing humor into her books. The characters are endearing and tend to grow on you.

message 26: by Hasien (new)

Hasien | 568 comments What can you say but, I can't wait to read the next installment. These guys are just hot.

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 126 comments I still have to read these... Haven't gotten around to it yet lol

message 28: by Gin (new)

Gin I've only read the first of this series, but thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I think it was one that I tried the sample to see what it was about, then clicked buy and kept going till it was finished. You guys are reading the second one next month right?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Yes we are. A new one each month until we're caught up!!

message 30: by Gin (new)

Gin I think I might try and read along with you

message 31: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexda47) I read 1-9 in March of this year. My favorites were #1 - Maddox, #2 - Lucien, #8 - Strider and #9 - Paris. Though I think Strider's story might be the best, simply because of the humor involved. Same goes for Lucien's story.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments HOw exciting!! It's going to be hard restricting myself to one a month. I really REALLY want to read Paris's book.

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexda47) Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "HOw exciting!! It's going to be hard restricting myself to one a month. I really REALLY want to read Paris's book."

I wouldn't skip ahead if I were you. There is a lot of build up to Paris' story, more so than any other character.

message 34: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 38 comments This is probably sacrilegious to some of you, but I could not get past the first 100 pages of this book. Neither the writing nor the characters appealed to me. And I don' understand the "dark" in the title. But then again, I didn't really like the BDB series much either. Although I were able to finish a few of those books. This though, unfortunately not.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Oh, I have no ententions of skipping ahead. (view spoiler)I just new I was going to love the build up to his book.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Hanne wrote: "This is probably sacrilegious to some of you, but I could not get past the first 100 pages of this book. Neither the writing nor the characters appealed to me. And I don' understand the "dark" in t..."

Don't worry the first book was awful for me. Freaking awful. In fact here is a link to my review.

message 37: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 38 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Hanne wrote: "This is probably sacrilegious to some of you, but I could not get past the first 100 pages of this book. Neither the writing nor the characters appealed to me. And I don' understand t..."

Nice review. Did you read and like the rest of the series?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Thanks! I really like the second book, but have not gotten around to reading more.

Here's my review of the second book.

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments I read the prequel short story and enjoyed it so I am now starting the first book! I hope I like it I see a few of you were not impressed.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I just recently got the prequel, was it well worth the read. Or something that can be easily missed?

message 41: by Amber (new)

Amber Hoxit (clove311) | 8 comments I honestly didn't know if I'd like them or not and the first book was alittle hard to get into, but most are with the world building, character introductions, etc. but once you get to know them, their awesome. I love these guys like I know them, and I tend to laugh out loud alot. I really love them now.

message 42: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I've just started the first book (only on the 3rd chapter) and I was a little worried after reading some of the comments but I'm enjoying it so far. I forgot about the prequel, I'll have to look for that after.

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments So I just finished the first book and I really enjoyed it!! It was a little slow moving for me with a lot of introductions and world building but I found it held my interest so I didn't really struggle with it. I can't wait to read the 2nd book but I am going to wait until next month to read it :)

I will say I got the book a little while back and tried to read it but hardly got past the 1st chapter. I set it aside and started over a couple days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! I guess it took me waiting to be in a mood where I could handle a lot of characters and background information rather than something a little more light and fast paced.

message 44: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments @ Shera I enjoyed the prequel but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. It is pretty much background how the demons got released.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments that actaully interests me.

message 46: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Heather wrote: "I will say I got the book a little while back and tried to read it but hardly got past the 1st chapter. I set it aside and started over a couple days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! I guess it took me waiting to be in a mood where I could handle a lot of characters and background information rather than something a little more light and fast paced. "

Ya, it happens to be exactly the kind of book I've been craving so I'm ok with it being a little slow with the world building and such. (1/3 of the way through now)

message 47: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments There is a lot of introduction of characters in the first book, but once you past that the books pick up speed. There is so much detail you feel that you know them personally. I would have to agree with Amber about laughing out loud a lot. Ms. Showalter tends to infuse humor into the books, making them just that much more enjoyable.

message 48: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I just recently got the prequel, was it well worth the read. Or something that can be easily missed?"

@Shera: I found the prequel after I read the first book and was not lost at all. It tells the story of how all the men ended up with demons. While you do not need to read it first, it does help one to understand what happened. It is worth the read, though.

message 49: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments @Julianne yay I hope your enjoying it!

message 50: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t I liked the prequel as well. Of course I'm one of those dreaded completists

« previous 1 3 4