Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > Jealous/Possessive Heroes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
Can you recommend some HPs with jealous/possessive heroes?

Usagi77777772003 | 4 comments Bought in his Name -Penny Jordan
Desire for revenge -Penny Jordan
Master of Passion -Jacqueline Baird
Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent -Baird
Bought by the Greek Tycoon -Baird
Morning After -Michelle Reid
Rightful Possession -Sally Wentworth
Shattered Dreams -Sally Wentworth

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Thanks, Usagi!

message 4: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 107 comments My favorite kind of hero! :)

Here are some more suggestions:

The Long Surrender by Charlotte Lamb
Dark Dominion by Charlotte Lamb
Sensation by Charlotte Lamb
Forbidden Fire by Charlotte Lamb
Spanish Groom by Lynne Graham
Savage Betrayal by Lynne Graham
The Veranchetti Marriage by Lynne Graham
Deadly Angel by Sarah Holland
Shattered Trust by Jacqueline Baird

I'll add more later.

Enjoy!

Jenny :)

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Oh, thanks, Jenny. We are usually on the same page about these. :)

message 6: by JennyG (last edited May 24, 2010 11:07AM) (new)

JennyG | 107 comments You are welcome Danielle. :) I can never get enough of jealous hero books!

Morning After by Michelle Reid
House of Glass by Michelle Reid
The Ultimate Betrayal by Michelle Reid
Bellini Bride by Michelle Reid
The Markonos Bride by Michelle Reid

Raul'S Revenge by Jacqueline Baird
Giordanni'S Proposal by Jacqueline Baird
Reluctant Fiancee by Jacqueline Baird

Golden Fever by Carole Mortimer
Subtle Revenge by Carole Mortimer
Deceit of a Pagan by Carole Mortimer
Brand of Possession by Carole Mortimer
Love Unspoken by Carole Mortimer
A Rogue and a Pirate by Carole Mortimer

My Only Love by Lee Wilkinson
Bond of Vengeance by Jessica Steele
Dark Summer Dawn by Sara Craven

Captive Of Fate by Margaret Pargeter
Chains of Regret by Margaret Pargeter
Not Far Enough by Margaret Pargeter

Jilted by Sally Wentworth
Shattered Dreams by Sally Wentworth
Say Hello to Yesterday by Sally Wentworth
Echoes of the Past by Sally Wentworth

Sweet Poison by Angela Wells

That is all for now. I'll add some more by Patricia Wilson and Penny Jordan later.

Happy reading. :)

Jenny

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Awesome. Thanks, Jenny!

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Me either, Jenny!

message 9: by JennyG (last edited Jun 02, 2010 09:30AM) (new)

JennyG | 107 comments You are welcome. :)

The Final Price by Patricia Wilson
Bond Of Destiny by Patricia Wilson
Passionate Enemy by Patricia Wilson
Guardian Angel by Patricia Wilson
Lingering Melody by Patricia Wilson
Intangible Dream by Patricia Wilson

Best Man to Wed? by Penny Jordan
You Owe Me by Penny Jordan
A Savage Adoration by Penny Jordan
Levelling the Score by Penny Jordan
Marriage Without Love by Penny Jordan
What You Made Me by Penny Jordan
The Flawed Marriage by Penny Jordan
Phantom Marriageby Penny Jordan
The Six-Month Marriage by Penny Jordan
Blackmail by Penny Jordan
Wanting by Penny Jordan
Forgotten Passion by Penny Jordan

Enjoy.

Jenny :)

message 10: by JennyG (last edited Jun 11, 2010 01:26PM) (new)

JennyG | 107 comments Here is another one:

Reluctant Relative by Jessica Steele
No Holds Barred by Jessica Steele

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Oh, Jenny. You rock!

message 12: by Jena (aka Tina) (new)

Jena (aka Tina) (jenagena) | 5 comments Thanks so much for the lists!

message 13: by JennyG (last edited May 07, 2017 11:15AM) (new)

JennyG | 107 comments You are welcome. :)

Here are some more:

TEMPTATION by Charlotte Lamb
DESPERATION by Charlotte Lamb
DEVIL'S ARMS by Charlotte Lamb

Also the following three but they are not HP!

NEVADA SILVER by Joan Hohl
THORNE'S WAY and its sequel THORNE'S WIFE by Joan Hohl

Enjoy.

Jenny

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Ooh, more to add.

message 15: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 107 comments THE GREEK'S BLACKMAILED WIFE by Sarah Morgan

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Robyn Donald's older heroes are pretty unlikeable.

message 17: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
The Vengeful Husband (The Husband Hunters, #2) by Lynne Graham. I loved how far gone this hero was for the heroine. Quite jealous of the former fiancee too.

message 18: by Reader in NJ (new)

Reader in NJ (readerinnj) | 144 comments FEVER by Charlotte Lamb has a jealous H.
NOT FAR ENOUGH by Margaret Pargeter was jealous of his own son.
HUSBAND ON TRUST by Jacqueline Baird he is jealous of her friendship with an old friend who is studying to become a priest.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Keep them coming, ladies. I confess this is one of my favorite themes. :)

message 20: by Demetra (new)

Demetra (demetrahp) | 88 comments The Purchased Wife (Foreign Affairs) (Harlequin Presents, #2470) by Michelle Reid (5 stars)
The Trophy Husband by Lynne Graham (5 stars)

message 21: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Great theme, Lady D!!

message 22: by Lemon (last edited Jul 29, 2011 12:04AM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
The Italian's Suitable Wife (DiRinaldi Brothers Duo, #1) by Lucy Monroe The Italian's Suitable Wife by Lucy Monroe. Well, possessive suits as a description for the hero, but not in the fuzzy wuzzy kind of way- more like in the dude is kind of creepy kind of way. IMHO. I couldn't stop reading this though, for it had that "I'm horrified but can't stop staring" kind of fascinating effect.

message 23: by Lemon (last edited Jul 28, 2011 11:22PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Lovers Not Friends by Helen Brooks Lovers Not Friends by Helen Brooks. Jealous hero. I thought this book was super romantic.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Lulu, I downloaded Lovers Not Friends based on your enthusiastic review of it.

message 25: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Lululemon wrote: "The Italian's Suitable Wife (DiRinaldi Brothers Duo, #1) by Lucy MonroeThe Italian's Suitable Wife by Lucy Monroe. Well, possessive suits as a description for the hero, but not in the fuzzy wuzzy kind of way..."

Lulu, that book IS like the proverbial train wreck...I just couldn't help but gawk, repeatedly. I've read that book like THREE times for some reason. I also have the audiobook-it was on sale at Audible.com. Actually, I got the audiobook FIRST then plopped down cashola for the Kindle version. I am sick when it comes to that book.

message 26: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Lululemon wrote: "Lovers Not Friends by Helen BrooksLovers Not Friends by Helen Brooks. Jealous hero. I thought this book was super romantic."

Ah, heck. What's the secret? No, don't tell me. Crud. Now, I gotta buy the book. Let's see....eat or read? I'll ask the family, and we'll decide together. LOL Ok. On the list for next month's reading "budget."

ROFLMAO I actually wrote that with a straight face that lasted for all of two seconds.

message 27: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Alexis-Morgan wrote: "Lululemon wrote: "The Italian's Suitable Wife (DiRinaldi Brothers Duo, #1) by Lucy MonroeThe Italian's Suitable Wife by Lucy Monroe. Well, possessive suits as a description for the hero, but not in the fuzzy..."

Alexis, you had me on the floor laughing at that one. I know, right? It's so bizarre that you can't put it down.

If you want to find out what the big secret is for Lovers Not Friends, there are some reviews on Amazon that tell you more about it.

message 28: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Lulu, I downloaded Lovers Not Friends based on your enthusiastic review of it."

I hope you enjoy it. I am always a bit reluctant to make recommendations because I find my taste is not so similar to most people.

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I understand. I am hesitant about recommendations because then I feel all squirmy when they hate a book I recommended.

message 30: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Lululemon wrote: "The Italian's Suitable Wife (DiRinaldi Brothers Duo, #1) by Lucy MonroeThe Italian's Suitable Wife by Lucy Monroe. Well, possessive suits as a description for the hero, but not in the fuzzy wuzzy kind of way..."

For some reason, I just love this book,maybe because LC wrote every romance cliche in this book that this book is one of my personal favs.This is also the 1st HP that she wrote also.

message 31: by Lemon (last edited Jul 30, 2011 02:08PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Vashti wrote: "For some reason, I just love this book,maybe because LC wrote every romance cliche in this book that this book is one of my personal favs.This is also the 1st HP that she wrote also."

I did not know that. Not bad at all, for a first try.

message 32: by rm2h (new)

rm2h | 22 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I understand. I am hesitant about recommendations because then I feel all squirmy when they hate a book I recommended."

I know I like when I find out there is honest review regarding a book.

I may have different tastes from others but I do not hold it against others who do not agree with my reading choices. I feel as long as I am reading I doing more then a lot of people I know who barely read one book a year.

I have learned a lot from others on these lists about books I do not even know about or the ones I want to avoid.

Rachel

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Rachel, it's great to be on a site like Goodreads. You can learn from the community and at least get some insight into different books, even if it turns out you don't want to read those books.

message 34: by Lemon (last edited Aug 02, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Bride in a Gilded Cage by Abby Green Bride in a Gilded Cage by Abby Green. The title says it all, I think.

message 35: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Lululemon wrote: "Bride in a Gilded Cage by Abby GreenBride in a Gilded Cage by Abby Green. The title says it all, I think."

Loved that book!!!,the dance segements were the best.

message 36: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Vashti wrote: "Loved that book!!!,the dance segements were the best!"

Glad you enjoyed it, Vashti. This one was one of the better Abby Greens I have read though I confess I haven't read all of her books yet.

message 37: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Lulu, she is one of the "newer" authors that I really enjoy.I am dying to read THE STOLEN WIFE" by her that has the Bollywood heroine, intresting to see what the author will do with a heroine with an Indian heritage as I have one myself{can't you tell by the name,lol}.

message 38: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Vashti wrote: "Lulu, she is one of the "newer" authors that I really enjoy.I am dying to read THE STOLEN WIFE" by her that has the Bollywood heroine, intresting to see what the author will do with a heroine with ..."

That book does sound interesting Vashti. Bet she was thinking of Aishwarya Rai.

message 39: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments I thought the same thing too,lol, as her background is somewhat similiar.

message 40: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Lulu,are you British? only asking because I don't think many Americans would even know who she was unless they saw the last Pink Panther movie.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Vashti, I know her from Bride and Prejudice and The Last Centurion. I'm a movie buff, so I try to keep up with the actors, especially multicultural ones.

message 42: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 107 comments Another one with jealous hero A Whirlwind Marriage by Helen Brooks. Loved it!

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I just downloaded it. :)

message 44: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments C. Lamb - Haunted dreams.
His ILY was so OTT that he couldn't think of any otha way to express his intense feelings more eloquently than wrapping his paws around her pipe.

Jayne Bauling - Rage to possess.
Possessed Hero had me @ rage.

message 45: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments JennyG wrote: "Another one with jealous hero A Whirlwind Marriage by Helen Brooks. Loved it!"

Sounds nice!
I have never read anything by Helen Brooks.

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I read Lingering Melody over the weekend, and the hero definitely qualifies. I love those guys, so long as they aren't abusive.

message 47: by Leona (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments I would like to add The Desert Bride (Lynne Graham Collection, #3) by Lynne Graham . The man certainly knows what he wants!

message 48: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I read Lingering Melody over the weekend, and the hero definitely qualifies. I love those guys, so long as they aren't abusive."

Aw I'm so thrilled U lurved it too, D ! It's gonna be 1 of my fav re-reads 8^{2

message 49: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Thanks for the recommendation, V!

message 50: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 107 comments Anything new to add?

« previous 1