Fans of The Liaden Universe discussion

Favorite Liaden book and why

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiri (new)

Kiri (kirious) | 20 comments Mod
It's gotta be "Scout's Progress" for me; love the pacing of this and "Local Custom", and even though I'm not a fan of romances per se these are so well done and integrated with the science fiction. "Scout's Progress" has a more urgent set-up.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I Dare. At first I didnt get into it. It felt to piece meal. now.. the more I read it.. the more I like it!

message 3: by Jumana (new)

Jumana | 12 comments I second Scout's Progress. The characters were great and love story felt so natural even without any real 'romantic' moments. I have to say though, the Tree has never rejected a proposed marriage before? In a thousand years years? Really?

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 2 comments Favorite is Pilots Choice which is the omnibus edition of Local Custom and Scout's Progress. If I were to choose an individual title is would be Scout's Progress with Aelliana and Daav helping each other to transcend their positions in society. (Aelli wanting to be a pilot and Daav wanting not to be Delm.) But I wouldn't have appreciated it as much without the worldbuilding from Local Custom that showed how relationships are usually set up on Liad.

message 5: by Kiri (new)

Kiri (kirious) | 20 comments Mod
I feel the same way! A lot of the other books are so plot-driven that character development just... Gets lost sometimes.

message 6: by Scribal (new)

Scribal | 4 comments I like the Crystal Soldier/Crystal Dragon best , then Scouts Progress. My favorite characters are Cantra, Daav and Val Con. I like all of the ones with main story line (not so much the younger, YA spin off threads). And I really wish I liked Miri more since the authors love her so--she bores me.

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (shesalwaysreading) | 1 comments Scouts Progress is the book that made me a fan of Liad.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Boiko | 1 comments Conflict of Honors, Agent of Change these two got me started and hooked on the Laiden Universe. Love the Clutch Turtles.

message 9: by Oona (new)

Oona | 2 comments My favorite so far is the Miri and Val Con books. I did enjoy anne and Er Thom's story as well, which I think was Local Custom. And I really did enjoy the stand alone Balance of Trade and Trade Secrets. Jethri was one of my favorite characters..