Fans of The Liaden Universe discussion

Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiri (new)

Kiri (kirious) | 20 comments Mod
I'm Kiri, and I've been a fan of the Liaden universe novels since... I'm not sure exactly of the year, but it was in the mid '90s, and I was hooked right away. I read "Conflict of Honors", and was then bummed that "Agent of Change" did not continue the adventures of Shan and Priscilla. However, Val Con and Miri did grow on me and I loved "Carpe Diem". There followed a gap, and when I discovered that they were once again writing and publishing I was VERY happy.

message 2: by Vorlady (last edited Mar 23, 2010 12:20PM) (new)

Vorlady | 2 comments Hi, I'm vorlady. I haven't read any of the books yet, but Kiri (thank you for the invite!) has given them some amazing praise and I've got them on my list and know I'm going to love them!!

ETA: I was going to get them for my Kindle for immediate consumption but they aren't available for it on Amazon :-(
Now I have to do it the slower, old fashioned way *sigh*

message 3: by Vorlady (last edited Mar 23, 2010 12:41PM) (new)

Vorlady | 2 comments Ahah! Baen has them for ebooks :-)

I got Local Custom and Scout's progress -- can't wait to start reading!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I got them through Baen.. was soo tickled pink to..

message 5: by Jumana (new)

Jumana | 12 comments Hello,
I'm Jumana and glad to see some other Bujold fans on here, I thought the style was similar:-)

message 6: by Sara (last edited Mar 28, 2012 06:09AM) (new)

Sara (vivianstreet) | 12 comments Hello! I'm Sara. I just finished the Liaden books a month ago, and loved them (though Ghost Ship had way too many story lines going on at once). I've wanted someone to talk to about them with for a while :D

I also loved the Vorkosigan Saga, hehe.

message 7: by Kiri (new)

Hey Sara! I haven't been active in this group much since... well, no one has! But I think there are lots of things to talk about in the Liaden Universe!

I feel like some of my faves are not always other people's faves. Yeah, I felt that way about Ghost Ship, too - they could easily have turned that into, like, three books. I know they have the ideas and the interest in their characters to expand on that kind of thing. Although I did feel like Ghost Ship recaptured a little something that I had felt was missing for a while. Maybe it somehow made the characters a little more human.

Anyway, welcome!

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments Hello everyone! I've been a follower of Steve & Sharon for a while. I really love their work together and separately. I often reread the books, especially when something new is coming out. I look forward to reading all the posts. :)

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo Beverley (jobeverley) | 4 comments Hi, I've been enjoying the Liaden books for quite a while. I'll post elsewhere about why.

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 2 comments Hello, I realize that this group hasn't been active for a while, but I was so excited to find it that I felt I had to join anyhow. I've been a fan of the Liaden Universe for several years and am always excited to meet other people who know about it.

message 11: by Kiri (new)

Yay! We are few, but we are loyal! Welcome!