Immortals After Dark discussion

The Characters > Lothaire (possible spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 228 (228 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
What you think about Lothaire? How do you think the favor that Ryd owes him will come into play?

message 2: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments I really like Lothaire and I'm anxious for his book. KC said on her website that it will hopefully be out sometime next year.

About the favor Rydstrom owes him, I'm sure it'll probably come into play during his book, but I haven't the vaguest idea what he'll ask for. Maybe help in defeating someone? It's anyone's guess at this point...

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ | 27 comments My guess is that it has something to do with Lothaire’s quest for “Unspeakable power”. The question is how will Rydstrom play into this? Maybe it has something to do with the “mysterious well” and unlocking it’s power. He might demand Rydstrom and therefore Rothkalina side with him in the Accession.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
I could totally see that, Silvana. Lothaire seems like a smart guy. He'll wait the most optimum moment to claim his favor. Harper, I think we'll find out a lot about the favor in his book.

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Have you guys read Pleasure of a Dark Prince yet? I think that once Lothaire escapes/is freed from whoever captured him, he's gonna want some kind of revenge or something and he might use Rydstrom as part of that. He could ask Rydstrom to help him with fighting or whatever, or he could ask for Sabine since she's the Queen of Illusions. I mean, she was able to trap Rydstrom so she is definitely a good person to have on your side.

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ | 27 comments Yes, I did read POADP. Lovet it! Lothaire is definitely craving power and if he knows what’s good for him he’ll leave Sabine out of it.

Maybe he needs to crave something else... maybe a little Nix would do him some good.

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Lothaire has always craved power. It's basically part of who he is, the pwoer. I agree that he should leave Sabine out of it, but you know Lothaire. If it'll get him more power, he'll use her and use his favor from Rydstrom.

What I'm really wondering about, though, is that ring that he took from the tomb of El Dorado (La Dorada, if you wanna get technical). It said that if you took anything that you'd let the big evil out on the world. So I wonder how that'll play into everything and how it will affect the Accession.

message 8: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Leah *~*Pherocious*~* wrote: "Lothaire has always craved power. It's basically part of who he is, the pwoer. I agree that he should leave Sabine out of it, but you know Lothaire. If it'll get him more power, he'll use her and u..."

I'm also wondering how that ring and the evil that was released will affect things! And I really want to know who kidnapped everyone and why. I love it when I get so into a series that I start speculating about what's going to happen in between books. I'm glad she releases two books in the IAD series a year. It's like I want her to hurry up and finish it so I can find out what happens, but at the same time I don't want it to be over.

message 9: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I know exactly what you mean, Harper. I wanna know who kidnapped everyone, too, and I'm thinking we'll find that out in the next book since Carrow was also kidnapped along with Lothaire and Regin. With the ring thing, too, though, didn't the people who kidnapped Lothaire take it when he dropped it? So I wonder how that will play out.

message 10: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Yeah, I believe they did take it. But, you're right, we won't have to wait too long to find out who kidnapped everyone and why. I'm looking forward to Carrow's book, though not as much as some of the other's, like Furie and Regin.

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ | 27 comments Love it! This is speculation at it best. Who is behind all the kidnappings? Well, damned if I know, but when in doubt I say blame the red eye buggers.

I am excited about Carrow’s book because she would be the first Valkyrie in the series so far who is um…open with her sexuality. I was just thinking back to what she said to Rydstrom when he and Sabine got back to his house. . “Hiya, big guy,” she purred. “You remember me? Carrow? Mariketa’s best friend.” She ran her finger over his chest as she passed.

Sorry for going off topic.

message 12: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Silvana, I was cracking up when Mariketa was talking to Carrow toward the end of "Wicked Deeds" when she was telling Mari to get a little "some-some" and she called Bowen "the big, bad - with names - wolf." LOL. I think her book will be funny, and I can definitely tell she's a really sexual female.

message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Harper, I'm more excited to see Regin's book than Carrow's too although Carrow's will certainly be enteraining. I seriously can't wait for Furie and Kristoff's book (it's been confirmed they are each others HEAs), but Kresley has said that it is going to be the very last book in the series.

Silvana, I love that part too! When they're having the party at Rydstrom's house and he thought it was Rok and Cadeon. LOL. And I loved when Carrow said that to Rydstrom and Sabine like flipped out inside. LOL. By the way, Carrow is a witch, not a Valkyrie. Just so you know.

message 14: by Pickles (last edited Mar 25, 2010 05:56PM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Leah, I knew that Furie is Kristoff's Bride thanks to the forums on KC's website, but I hadn't read that it's supposed to be the last one in the series. Man, that means it'll probably be years before we get our hands on it! I'm definitely looking forward to that one, but I'm probably looking forward to Nix's book the most (and I'm hoping it'll be Lothaire's book, too, because I'm rooting for that pairing).

message 15: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Yeah, I was a little frustrated to hear that Furie and Kristoff's book was going to be the last one. It sucks that we'll have to wait years for it, but I'm interesting in seeing how the other characters' stories go. I'm really interested in seeing Nix's story, too, but I don't want that one to come too soon because it would kinda ruin it if Nix found her HEA too soon. I hope that Nix and Lothaire end up together, too! They would be one of my favorite couples. I love Lothaire, he's one of my favorite characters. LOL. I'm really interested to see read the stories of the Lykae twins. The Lykae characters seem to be my favorites and so I really want their stories to come soon.

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ | 27 comments OMG shame on me. Of course Carrow is a witch... what was I thinking. Thanks Leah

I’m also eagerly awaiting Nix and Lothaire's book but I think Regin's book has great potential as well. I mean, a potty mouth heroin and a perpetually reincarnated fated mate. Now that’s what you call commitment.

message 17: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) No problem, Silvana, and no need to beat yourself up about it :)

Like I told Harper, I can't wait for Regin's book either. But, like with Nix's book, I don't want Regin's to come too soon. I think that Regin, Nix, and Lothaire are the three characters whose books I want most, but I think if they get their HEAs too soon it'll make the series a litte less...something. I'm not exactly sure what, but those three characters are such enigmas that it would be no fun if they got their HEAs too soon. I mean, to a certain extent, all heroines and heroes change as a result of their HEA and I don't think I'm ready for the three of them to change in any way yet. You feel me?

Silvana~Duchess of Avonlea~ | 27 comments Yeah I’m feeling you Leah. It's like at one end of the spectrum you're eagerly awaiting your favorite character's stories to unfold but at the same time you’re just so caught up in enjoying them in the here and now that you don’t want anything to change. True

Oh boy enigma is right Leah, Nix definitely tops that list. Hopefully she doesn’t lose some of herself when she hooks up with the mysterious Lothaire.

message 19: by Pickles (last edited Mar 26, 2010 12:08AM) (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments In the forums on her website, KC said that Lothaire's book will probably be out sometime in 2011. This next book of Carrow's is supposed to be the beginning of a trilogy of books (featuring the three characters that were abducted at the end of "Pleasure of a Dark Prince" - Carrow, Regin, and Lothaire). She supposedly has plans for Annika and some of the other characters that have been mentioned, so maybe she'll be putting out some novellas, too?

On the forums, she also said that Nix's book might not come out until 2011 because she's involved so much and has "a lot of work to do" for the Accession, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Lothaire and Nix. KC hasn't ruled them out as a possibility and the timing she's given for their books when asked seems to coincide. Here's hoping! I know what you mean, though, about both wanting them to get their HEA and then not wanting them to because it'll probably signify that the series is starting to wind up and I'm sure they'll both be a bit changed after.

message 20: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra If I'm remembering correctly (and SUPER-SPOILER ALERT!), at the end of Pleasure of a Dark Prince, it's mentioned that Nix started screaming after Lucia's last call, and hadn't stopped. I've been trying to figure out why, and after reading this thread, I have a new theory. Maybe she saw herself getting together with Lothaire :) My other theories of why she's screaming involve La Dorada, Furie, or the kidnappings. Any other theories out there about this? Am I even remembering this right?

message 21: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Exactly, Silvana. I get so caught up with Nix and Lothaire that I'm kinda worried about how I'll feel when their books come out.

Thanks, for the info, Harper! I really do hope that Nix and Lothaire end up together. LOL. I think they'd be like the perfect couple, true? I heard about the triology thing, too, and the only thing that sucks about that is that it's going to get Lothaire's and Regin's books in the series and I think it's still too early, even if they are coming out in 2011.

Cassandra, you might be right on the phone call thing. But, I thought I remembered the phone call happening more towards the middle-ish of the book and it made me think of Kaderin. Remember in No Rest for the Wicked when Nix screams because she sees Kad's death (the first time she'd ever seen the death of a Valkyrie)? That's what I was thinking of. Of course, I don't remember who Nix was on the phone with at that time in NRftW, but in PoaDP, that's what came to mind. But, you might be right, Cassandra, about it having to do with Furie, La Dorada, or the kidnappings.

message 22: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Cassandra, I do remember it being mentioned that Nix had started screaming like a banshee after getting off the phone at some point during PoaDP, but I don't remember exactly when/why it happened. It could coincide with when she foresaw Kaderin's death because some of the other timelines were running simultaneously...

Leah, in NRftW Nix was on the phone with Kaderin when she saw her death. Remember that Kaderin asked her to look to see if she would win the Hie and that's when she saw it? But I remember that in PoaDP someone told Lucia that Nix had started screaming - was it Regin? - and if it was about Nix having seen Kaderin's death, you think she would have mentioned it to Lucia. It could have had to do with anything, though. Doesn't Nix just flip out sometimes anyway? LOL

message 23: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Yeah, she flips out sometimes just because. But, correct me if I'm wrong, Regin was also the one who picked up after Nix screamed about Kaderin, right? But, since in NRftW she was talking to Kad, it probably wouldn't be the same thing Nix was screaming about when she was talking to Lucia, then. In that case, I wonder what Nix was screaming about in PaoDP.

message 24: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Yeah, Regin finishes off the conversation with Kaderin and she's actually the one who tells Kad that Nix foresaw her death. So I don't think it is possible that the two are related. Maybe it signifies something, or maybe it just one of those crazy moments that Nix has? Guess we'll find out...

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I'm hoping it signifies something important. Does someone pick up the phone and talk to Lucia after Nix screams? If it wasn't Regin, maybe she was screaming because she foresaw Regin being kidnapped? I don't know but I'm certainly interested to see what it was about and how it will play out in the rest of the series.

message 26: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Ah, I'd forgotten about Nix screaming about Kaderin. It could be that, since Kresley seems to really like the whole "seeing one event from multiple angles" :) I will add that to my list of things it possibly signifies.

message 27: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) That's what I was thinking, Cassandra, because you know how like three books could have the same events happen just fron different POVs so that's what I was wondering. But I guess we'll have to wait and see... :)

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jamierebecca01) | 1 comments i have nothing at all to add.. but i LOVE reading this board. i am sooooooooo excited for more IAD. i'm just sad it didn't work for Nix and Mike Rowe! hahahah I am def exciting to read about Lothaire and hopefully more Lykaes. something about those scottish lykaes just does it for me!

message 29: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I hear ya, Jaime! Those Lykaes adn their sexy Scottish accents make me feel all warm and fuzzy. LOL

message 30: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Oh, yeah, I definitely want more Lykaes. I want to see the twins get their HEAs and I'd like for Cassandra to get one, too, actually.

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Oh, yeah, Harper, I really want to see the twins' books soon. But, I know how I want their books tokinda line up. I think that one should get his HEA (doesn't really matter which one), and then the other one should have to wait like three or four books. To space them out and kinda make it look like, "aww poor second twin! he doesn't have his HEA yet!" LOL

message 32: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Harper, did you mean "Nix" in that last post? :) Just curious...

message 33: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments No, I meant the Lykae female from "A Hunger..." The one that wanted Lachlain. Her name was Cassandra, right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Leah- I definitely think their books should be spaced out, though I know I'll feel bad for whichever one has to wait. LOL

message 34: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) No, you're right, Harper. It's Cassandra. I lose some of the side characters, too, sometimes, but I remember that Cassandra was the name of the Lykae female that wanted my husband, Lachlain.

I know! I'll feel bad for the one who has to wait, too, but I think that I'll make it even better, because then one of the twins will have his mate and the other will be all sad and lonely. But, it really doesn't matter, because I love both the twins so if their books came out one after the other I would be just as happy as if they'd been spread out. LOL

message 35: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments While we're on the subject of side characters, I wonder if KC is going to do anything for Jadian. I liked him. I remember seeing him mentioned in the forums, but I can't remember one way or another.

message 36: by Leah (last edited Mar 30, 2010 04:47PM) (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I don't remember him. What book was he in?

On the subject of side characters, the one I'm most looking forward to, besides the twins, is Rok. I love him. LOL.

message 37: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Jadian was in "Untouchable," Murdoch and Danii's novella in Deep Kiss of Winter.

Rok seemed interesting. I think my favorite demon other than Cade is Desh. :)

message 38: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Was he the guy who came to get Danii and bring her back to be queen of the ice fey?

Desh! Yes! I loved him in "Untouchable" and Dark Desires After Dusk. I loved that in DDAD Holly touched his horns and everyone like freak out. That was one of my favorite parts, LOL

message 39: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Yep, he was the guy who came to get Danii. There were rumors about him and a fire demoness. I thought it would be an interesting story.

I love that bar scene with Holly. It was one of my favorite scenes from that book.

message 40: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Wow, I need to re-read the books, it seems. :) I remember the character, but didn't remember her name.

The story I'm most looking forward to is Melanthe and ... that demon that's following her whose name I can never remember...

message 41: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments His name is Thronos. I'm looking forward to that one, too. :) I really liked Lanthe.

message 42: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Harper, I think you're right. The story about the ice fey and a fire demoness would be really interesting. That part with Holly and Desh, is my favorite part of that book that does not include Cade. I love that sexy demon, but Rydstrom might be might favorite of the two. Obviously, I read Cade's book first and I absolutely loved him, but once I read Kiss of a Demon King, I was gone for Rydstrom.

Lanthe and Thronos should be interesting, too. Especially since Kresley, I think, hasn't officially confirmed it. But we all know they'll end up together. LOL

message 43: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Leah, KC is being coy, I think. I'd probably be mad if she wrote a novel (or novella) for Lanthe and she wound up with someone other than Thronos. LOL. They have way too much history. It's fitting that they end up together.

message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I totally agree, Harper. I would be upset, too, because I think their history together makes it totally impossible for them to be with anyone else.

message 45: by Mariel (new)

Mariel (fuchsiagroan) I would love for Nix and Lothaire to get together.

message 46: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 25 comments I really don't have anything to add also. But I just wanted to say... You guys ROCK!! I just read over all the comments and seeing all the speculations and noting all the side characters and story outcomes, just make me smile. I thought I loved IAD. But I know I have to re-read a few books to keep up with you guys. LOL. Luv it!

message 47: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments I think I'm borderline obsessed with the IAD. LOL. It's definitely my favorite paranormal series at the moment, and I recently re-read all of the books, which is why a lot of the info is still fresh in my mind. That and I peek in on KC's forums now and then.

message 48: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 12 comments Wow, I hadn't heard that Furie and Kristoff are going to be paired! That's MAJOR considering how much she must hate vampires after being kidnapped and tortured for so many years by them. Can't wait for that book. Wish it wasn't going to be the last in the series!

message 49: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments SCook wrote: "Wow, I hadn't heard that Furie and Kristoff are going to be paired! That's MAJOR considering how much she must hate vampires after being kidnapped and tortured for so many years by them. Can't wait..."

KC said it would most likely be the last one, sadly. At that same time, that seems like a good place to end it because I have a feeling it's going to be EPIC.

message 50: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Harper, I'm not borderline obsessed. I sprinted over that line and down that block a loooong time ago. LOL.

Yeah, Furie and Kristoff is definitely going to be EPIC so it's probably a good place to end.

« previous 1 3 4 5