Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy > Paranormal Badboys

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod
I had to create a thread dedicated to the bad boys of paranormal romance. Feel free to give a shout-out to your faves.

The heroes from The Demonica series by Larissa Ione definitely deserve a mention:

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4137 comments Mod
I have a few paranormal books. I might check them out this year.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments I have heard good things about this series Danielle, and I have the first book, so I'm definitely going to have to read it for sure if they contain the Bad Boys I soooo love!

message 4: by Debbie (last edited Mar 15, 2010 07:37PM) (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments Great! Another subject where there are too many choices to pick from, LOL!!!.........Well, right now the first choice that comes to mind is the heroes from the Argeneau Family Vampire/Rogue Hunter series by Lynsay Sands. I'm reading the Rogue Hunter by LS right now.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments I have a lot of favorite bad boys in the PR department, but some Paranormal Romance Bad Boys that I love are:

All the heroes in The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward [image error] Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

Bones, Spade, Ian, Vlad, Mencheres, Tate, and Juan from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress and Night Huntress World Series
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Jonas Wyatt, Dog, Dash Sinclair, Kane Tyler from Lora Leigh's Breeds Series-Their feature books are below, except for Dog who doesn't have a feature book yet. For the most part, all these mens appear throughout the series.
Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21) by Lora Leigh Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3)  by Lora Leigh Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4) by Lora Leigh

Nykyrian Quiakides from The League Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments Ooooooh yeah!! The BDB boys!!! YUMMMM!!

message 7: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) I will add Barrons from the Fever series. He is dangerous, sexy, and a huge mystery. Who/what is he?!? - Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Mar 16, 2010 07:18AM) (new)

How about the Immortals After Dark men?
The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #5) by Kresley Cole [image error]

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptress) wrote: "I have heard good things about this series Danielle, and I have the first book, so I'm definitely going to have to read it for sure if they contain the Bad Boys I soooo love!"

They're definitely worth reading, Shannon. I think you'll like them.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

More bad-asses than badboys, but the Psy-Changeling heroes have to be mentioned.

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments I agree Danielle! The Psy/Changeling heroes are more bad-ass than bad boy, and I'm glad you mentioned them! Love those books-Hawke is the man!

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, yes. I can't wait until Hawke finally gets his book.

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneyk) | 11 comments I dont know if I can handle The anticipation waiting for Hawke's story he is my favorite in the series.

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneyk) | 11 comments Eric, from the Sookie SeriesClub Dead
Dead Witch WalkingKisten, from the Hollows

message 15: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Mar 19, 2010 12:21AM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) Okay, I'm in full agreement with all of the BDB boys, the IAD boys and Bones. Here are a few (ha! there's no limit to submissions is there?) more for your consideration:

* Sherrilyn Kenyon has some seriously alpha males in her Dark Hunter series (I'm especially partial to Ash and the were-hunters).
* Christine Feehan's Ghostwalker are all super alpha (some times too alpha for my liking), but damn yummy.
* Ilona Andrews' Curran - Oh yeah...
* Kelley Armstrong's Clay Danvers - you'd be hard pressed to find a hotter werewolf (and let's not forget Jeremy).
* Lara Adrian's Midnight Breeds are very sexy
* Patricia Briggs' Adam, Samuel, Ben, Charles, Bran...
* Adrian Phoenix's Dante Baptiste is my all time favorite vamp - sexy, dangerous and tortured
* Amy Lane's Adrian, Green and Bracken one hot vamp and a couple of wicked fae...
* Melissa Marr's Seth and Niall - sigh...
* Richelle Mead's Dimitri and Adrian
* Rachel Caine's Shane & Michael - best not to elaborate on their origins...
* And last, but not least, Rachel Vincent's wicked sexy werecats Marc, Jace, Ethan and Owen

I'm sure there are loads more, but these are the ones that immediately sprang to mind.
Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #16) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1) by Adrian Phoenix Vulnerable (Little Goddess, #1) by Amy Lane Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Great list, DH. Slap me for forgetting my GW boys!

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Whitneyk wrote: "I dont know if I can handle The anticipation waiting for Hawke's story he is my favorite in the series."

Same here, Whitney, although I love me some Dorian and Judd. :)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) =) I know you didn't mean to forget them.

BTW... I'm having trouble with the latest GW again. Apparently for me, there is such a thing as too alpha. Sigh...

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

DH, Mack is way into macho territory. I can see why you'd have trouble with him. He was raising my hackles.

message 20: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 34 comments You guys picked the best already! I REALLY looking forward to Jonas's story from LL's Breeds- just hoping LL does him justice.

message 21: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 34 comments oh and JZB?! Man I lust him.

message 22: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments Oh yes Zeek, I hope LL does Jonas justice in Lion's Heat too! I just can't wait.

Hawke is just too scrumptious, and I can't wait to read his story either.

Lovin the Dark Hunter men, Curran OH YEAH...MMMMMMMM!, Jace is sooooo the man, love-love-love Bran, Samuel, Adam, and Charles!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

they have a few books but they are not classified as romance . but they still deserve a shout . the winchester bros. LOVE THEM!

message 24: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 34 comments lol! love 'em too! :)

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, my, yes. Love those Winchesters!

message 26: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 34 comments new ep. tonight right?

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I think. I'm behind. I need to finish watching Season 4, so I haven't watched this season yet.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Mar 25, 2010 10:29AM) (new)

Did anyone mention the Darkyn series? This is fantastic dark paranormal romance/urban fantasy.

If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl Private Demon (Darkyn, #2) by Lynn Viehl Dark Need (Darkyn, #3) by Lynn Viehl Night Lost (Darkyn, #4) by Lynn Viehl Evermore (Darkyn, #5) by Lynn Viehl Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7) by Lynn Viehl Twilight Fall (Darkyn, #6) by Lynn Viehl

message 29: by Zeek (last edited Mar 25, 2010 12:24PM) (new)

Zeek | 34 comments I love the Darkyn series! Evermore and- oo looks like you forgot Twilight Fall- are my favorites!

The first in the spin off series was just as good!

Shadowlight

message 30: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 34 comments OH! well this season is a little frustrating for reasons I don't want to say so as not to spoil it for you- not sure what I think of it yet, but I think I like it better than season 4 ...

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Zeek wrote: "I love the Darkyn series! Evermore and- oo looks like you forgot Twilight Falls- are my favorites!

The first in the spin off series was just as good!

Shadowlight"

Thanks, Zeek. I felt like one was missing. Good eye!

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Zeek wrote: "OH! well this season is a little frustrating for reasons I don't want to say so as not to spoil it for you- not sure what I think of it yet, but I think I like it better than season 4 ..."

My mom has not been pleased with this season.

message 33: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 34 comments like I said, I'm reserving final judgement. It does have it's moments that really grab you tho...

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I'm sure I will love it as a whole. There are a few Supernatural episodes I didn't care for. But I love the series.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Zeek wrote: "OH! well this season is a little frustrating for reasons I don't want to say so as not to spoil it for you- not sure what I think of it yet, but I think I like it better than season 4..."

i haven't really liked the fourth season either, it has gotten in a nasty habit of staying on the subject of religion, and viewing it disrespectfully. now ,jensen and jared are beautiful, but i will turn it if they begin to be disrespectful about God.

message 36: by Zeek (last edited Mar 29, 2010 11:15AM) (new)

Zeek | 34 comments oh I'm actually pleased they are actually bringing God into it- usually you just see the demons! (And I'm reserving judgement on the disrespectful part until I see how they end it...ya never know!)

What I'm not liking is the "emotional wall" between Dean and Sammy, I miss the old chemistry. :( But then, that started last season, didn't it.

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Mar 29, 2010 11:30AM) (new)

Zeek, I don't like the emotional wall either. Christine, I'm not fond of scenarios where the only time you see God is when he's made into the bad guy. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case with Supernatural. But I think this is a concern of my mother's. I think it's a good idea to reserve judgment, Zeek. Things aren't always the way it seems. I must say I absolutely adore Castiel. As much as I love badboys, I have a profound weakness for truly honorable heroes, just as much.

message 38: by Zeek (last edited Mar 29, 2010 12:00PM) (new)

Zeek | 34 comments oh yes the archetypal noble hero is a major weakness for me too- in fact I *usually* go for them more. (I've been a Jack girl from the beginning of Lost) and to be honest that's really why I love Dean- he's the good boy masquerading as a bad boy.

Now that I think about it- I honestly am not a badboy lover. I'll always pick the noble hero over an ambiguous anti-hero, if I get the chance.

The reason why I'm a pnr badboy fan? because, tho they look like badboys- at heart, they're the good guys.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Well said. I like the badboy because he just needs a little love to find the inner knight in shining armor.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

that is my only thing about it. God is no the bad guy, he is the best guy EVER!

message 41: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Dr E in Larissa Iones first Demonica book ,and of course Bones-love these two guys

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Christine wrote: "that is my only thing about it. God is no the bad guy, he is the best guy EVER!"

Well said, Christine.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Christine wrote: "that is my only thing about it. God is no the bad guy, he is the best guy EVER!"

Well said, Christine."

thank you for agreeing . most people don't see it that way, sadly.:(

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Bones and Ian from the Night Huntress series are especially yummy. Gregori and Lucian from Chrsitine Feehans Carpathian series. Anyone of the boys from the BDB oh and Lachlain from IAD and Curran from Ilona Andrews books.

Damn I am going to need a schedule of some sort...

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Don't we all, Suzanne. :)

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

How about the Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter?

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld, #3) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Prequel) by Gena Showalter Heart of Darkness (Includes Lords of the Underworld, #4.5) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld, #3.5) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter Into the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, #3.5, Plus Bonus Material) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter

message 47: by Kathy Anne (last edited Apr 16, 2010 01:20PM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Bones is just the best,I haven`t read Showalter yet so I`ll try to remember to try her,some folks say yea to her and some no,so I`ll have to see.
For me it`s Bones and Dr. E from the Demonica series.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Yeah, Bones is totally hot, I just love his kick 'em well there down attitude, lol he fights dirty :)

You should try out the Showalter ones, they are good, they have plenty of man candy to chose from, my personal faourite it Gideon Keeper of Lies.

message 49: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Apr 19, 2010 04:11PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Nita wrote: "I will add Barrons from the Fever series. He is dangerous, sexy, and a huge mystery. Who/what is he?!? - Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning"

Yes! Barrons is definitely one of my favorite bad boys along with his nemesis V'Lane (even though V'Lane tries to behave for Mac)! ;-)

message 50: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Apr 19, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Oh, another is KMM's Dark Highlander and Immortal Highlander. Daegus(Druid) and Adam(exiled Fae) are two very sexy bad boys. *drools*

The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning
The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning

« previous 1 3