2nd Period 09-10 discussion

If you could be a character from a book, who would you be? Why?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (delfie) | 4 comments Mod
If I could be a character in a book I would be Falcor, the luck dragon in The Never Ending Story. He was wise, able to fly, lived in a fantasy world, and was instrumental in the moral development of the hero during his journey.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome, i have seen the movie but never read the book. Is the book good? Should i read it?

message 3: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy Wu (jwpwns) | 1 comments if i could be a character in a book i want to be pooh because he got honey =P

message 4: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie Nguyen | 4 comments That sounds like a book that I would be interested in, do they have that book at the library?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna find the book!

message 6: by Sueanne (last edited Mar 15, 2010 09:01AM) (new)

Sueanne Phan (sueannephan) | 4 comments If I could be a character in a book I would be Eragon, the Dragon Rider. In my culture, the Dragon is a strong symbol. It's sacred, and powerful. They are magical creatures. And if I was Eragon and I could speak to Dragons through my mind, I think it would be amazing. To be able to fly on their backs, fight, love, grow old with them would be something I would love to do. I also think it's pretty cool that you can have eyes like the dragon as well. He's strong, courageous, thoughtful, and true.

message 7: by Myriah (new)

Myriah Haley (myrhhaley) | 1 comments If i could be a character in a book I would be Jennie from the Face on the Milk Cartoon series because she goes through a lot to find herself and I can say I'm starting to relate to her journey

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (honeyvengeful) | 5 comments If I could be a character in a book I think I would be Star girl. Not only is Star girl an outgoing hippy, but she has the heart of an elephant, horse, bear, bull? I don’t know the saying, so I will just go with all of those. She has no problem being completely herself and everyone seems to respect her for it. In the book when something happens (I won’t spoil it for those of you who haven’t read it) I almost cried because I thought that was the end, but now I see there is a second book. I didn’t want Star girl to end because she made me realize that people are your true friends if they accept every aspect of you.

message 9: by Selina (new)

Selina Villagomez (SelinaVillagomez) | 4 comments if i could be a character in a book it would be Savannah from Dear John. i would be her because in the book she falls in love with john and waits for him to get back from war but she cant wait any long and ends up marrying another guy. it made me sad and i was dissappointed in the ending. i wantyed john and her to end together. if i were her i wouldve waitesd so i could live happily ever after. even when she was married she didnt love him as much as she had loved jonh. so in the end i wouldve rathered been happy with the love of my life.

message 10: by Jameeka (new)

Jameeka | 1 comments I would be Jayd from Drama High because she has a lot of freedom but alot of drama but petty stuff not like the ish I go through so I rather have her he said she said than my drama. But , I also would want to be her if I was character because she lives in California and she doesn't move and she has a car and a job.

message 11: by Selina (new)

Selina Villagomez (SelinaVillagomez) | 4 comments Myriah wrote: "If i could be a character in a book I would be Jennie from the Face on the Milk Cartoon series because she goes through a lot to find herself and I can say I'm starting to relate to her journey"

who is the book by?whats it about? the book seems interesting.good luck finding yourself :]

message 12: by Marcus (new)

Marcus | 1 comments if i could be a person from on of my books it be darren shan because he lives twice as longer then humans and twice as faster everything twice better but then there is always that bloody cost of regret about being a vampire but still it be cool just to be a half vampire. yo

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Perez | 1 comments If I could be a character from any book I would want to be the Cat in the Hat. Because he has fun and gets to do whatever he wants. Also I would be free to do anything and everything. =]

message 14: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Without a doubt, without thinking, hands down, I would be Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings (duh). He's wise; he's "the man with the plan." He's powerful. Who else could make tens of thousands of orcs tremble as he rode over a ridge on his horse (and, yes, he could destroy Harry Potter in a fight)? He's also the hope of many in Tolkien's epic series, so inspirational that he epitomizes the forces of good with his white cloak and sunlight blazing behind him as he rides into battle. In summary, Gandalf is just about the most awesome character of all time.

message 15: by Darleen (new)

Darleen Ly | 3 comments If I could be a character from a book, I would be Clare, in the book called "The Time Traveler's wife." I dont think anyone would agree, but she seems really perfect. She's almost always happy and she's a really good girl. Her life seems to be planned out for her and Henry, her husband sort of guides her though her life and tells her what she wants to hear. He doesnt exactly spoil her future though. Although, what is the chance of finding your true love at age 6? Her husband is the man whom she met at age 6. It's rare to ever find anyone who's been in love that long.

message 16: by sonila (new)

sonila Mak | 2 comments if i could be a character from a book, i would be Artie(don't know how to spell his name exactly)from ALL IN(bad guy). even though he's a jerk but he end up millionaire. To be exactly right i can't really tell if he win the tournament but what are the chance of loosing when you have 1199000 dollars go against 1000 dollars

message 17: by Ron (new)

Ron Jayvee (rondeleon) | 1 comments If i could be a character from a book, i would be Vito Corlene from the Godfather. His the big boss and Im a boss thats why i pick him.

message 18: by Lei (new)

Lei Ana (analei) | 3 comments if i could be a character from any book i would be claire from the pretty committee cause shes a lot like me and i like myself