2nd Period 09-10 discussion

What is your all-time favorite book? Why?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (delfie) | 4 comments Mod
Little Bunny Follows His Nose was the book my mom used to read to me often when I was a little kid. It encouraged Bunny to get out of his house and explore his own backyard. On his travels he found adventure and good friends. I think of this book often and I am sure it helped to foster my own sense of adventure as an adult and my passion for playing outside. I even bought a new copy for my future children to enjoy. The scratch and sniff stickers on my original were quite worn through. Little Bunny Follows His Nose (Golden Scratch & Sniff Books) by Katherine Howard

message 2: by Sueanne (new)

Sueanne Phan (sueannephan) | 4 comments My all-time favorite book(s) are the Captain Underpants books. Why?! Because I guess you can say that I read those books all the time, whether it was at school, at home, in the car, anywhere. I liked how he was always in his underwear, saving the day. I also liked the whole flippy thingy that you do with the pages to see some animation. I thought the book was creative and funny, and I guess you can say that those books reminds me of my childhood days. It's actually something to be happy about.

message 3: by Allura (new)

Allura (davenport55) | 1 comments I think my all time favourite book is Elsewhere because in this book you see a different point of view on death. Death in my opinion is sad and depression. This book changed my veiw because Elsewhere is a place where everything goes backwhere when you die on earth you go to elsewhere are in stead of growing up you grow down into a little kid and once you are a baby again you go down this river to be born on earth again. so its kinda like being reancarated

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (Brianna_93) | 2 comments My all time favorite book is Breaking Dawn or Eclipise from the Twilight series. I am not sure why I like these books so much, but I do, I think it is because this book is romance with a little bit of suspense, and it is a chicklit book, which I love you read, I love the actual books though. I really like the fact of how the author set up the story of the book, I like the fact that Stepanie Meyer put the book into today's world, I thought the whole idea of being a vampire falling in love with a human was a really good idea. I think that it was such a good idea becaue there aren't very many books about vampires, but now that Stepanie Meyer came out with Twiight a whole bunch of other authors started coming out with vampire books, but I still have to say i still like her books best.

Raz64 (Sopheak) | 2 comments I suppose my all time fav would have to be the magic tree house series it open a new world in my mind. It allowed me to think about what would happen if i was also back in there. Also made me think how i could change time and history by messing around so yeah.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Sueanne wrote: "My all-time favorite book(s) are the Captain Underpants books. Why?! Because I guess you can say that I read those books all the time, whether it was at school, at home, in the car, anywhere. I lik..."

Ha, i also like those books. I remember when we used to read them in 6th period all the time. I think that they should publish more of these books for the next generation. Yes, it didn't make sense for someone to be saving the town in underwear but at the same time it kept it very interesting and made you keep coming back for more. I'm happy to say that i did read the book's in middle school and would read them now if i could find them.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (honeyvengeful) | 5 comments My all time favorite book/books would probably be Watership Down, Blood and Chocolate or Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Watership Down and Jonathan Livingston Seagull are both books that I never thought I would read but when I read them they turned out to be amazing. I would read them during class and always get in trouble because I could not put them down! Blood and Chocolate is also one of my all time favorites because every time I read this (yes, even after 9 times) I still find new things in the book. Plus I can always visualize the book. I can see the people they describe, and the places. I don’t like books with very little detail.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (honeyvengeful) | 5 comments Brianna wrote: "My all time favorite book is Breaking Dawn or Eclipise from the Twilight series. I am not sure why I like these books so much, but I do, I think it is because this book is romance with a little bit..."

I think the books are pretty good too, but there are many other books about vampires that I think Stepanie Meyer kind of took the idea off. Like Silver Kiss, that is a book about a vampire falling in love with a human. I just hope that, even though you love the books, you dont go around talking about the "vampires in forks." I actually heard a girl talking about going to forks and meething the cullens. I think this book screwed up our generation because now every little girl will think there are real vampires that will fall in love with them in Forks. Not to mention forks is now the biggest tourist spot in Washington. Thats kind of sad... Like I said, I like the books too!

message 9: by Shante' (new)

Shante' Roland (PrincessTae93) | 1 comments My all-time favorite book is Flyy Girl because this book shows that you dont have to grow up so fast and dont let guys take advantage of you. Thats what happened to Tracey, the girl in the book. So I look at it as if you move so fast in life, you wont go nowhere in life because you might make a mistake somewhere in your life and you wont be able to take it back or relive that moment, like how she lost her virginity, she wont be able to go back and change that. So thats why its my favorite and I tell myself to slow down and stop moving so fast because I might mess up and wont be able to go back and fix that mistake that I made.

message 10: by Sueanne (last edited Mar 15, 2010 09:15AM) (new)

Sueanne Phan (sueannephan) | 4 comments Shante' wrote: "My all-time favorite book is Flyy Girl because this book shows that you dont have to grow up so fast and dont let guys take advantage of you. Thats what happened to Tracey, the girl in the book. So..."

I like how you said to just slow down and take life step-by-step, people don't really do that nowadays sadly. They rush either if it's peer pressure, wanting to fit in, or just to feel secure. I'm sure this book portrays how TEENAGE life really is. Teenage life isn't that great, especially in the 21st century. It's different from when our parents were teenagers, and I want to be able to live my life like I want too. But that's just as hard when there's sex hungry teenagers, stress on school, and fake friends that just cause unecessary drama. So I feel you on taking life slow, and how you can't fix your mistakes because it's already made.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

My favirote book of all time would have to be, hindsights because it is so inspirational and is about real life people that have simply went through rough times like the rest of us. Except some of theirs are more on the line of life & death. Many of the people in the book have overcome their sickness or they are living with it but not letting it control their life. The quotes they have in the book are marvelous. I would say that when you read their stories, some will actually move you and changed your prespective on you'r own problem.

message 12: by sonila (new)

sonila Mak | 2 comments since i never like reading before, i say ALL IN probably my favorite book of all time. Even though i just finish it last night but for some reason i want to read the sequel if there is one.Deen the main guy fooling him selve by thinking that katti(bad girl later become good) wouldn't treat him like other men she's been with.i can imagin what's he look like after not getting any slept for 2 day, then enter the million+ winner take all poker tournament.the intensity probably explode my brain if it was me.i guess.

message 13: by Darleen (new)

Darleen Ly | 3 comments My all time favorite book is What Girls Learn By Karin Cook. It's my very favorite because it made me tear up towards the end of the story. It's a very heartwarming novel. Also, I relate pretty much to the "What Girls Learn" part. All girls go through that phase when they start to mature and explore more about the world around them and themselves. This story was so touching, it makes me want to read it a second time and I recommend this book to a lot of teenage girls.

message 14: by Lei (new)

Lei Ana (analei) | 3 comments MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK IS FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC. its an amazing story but i think i liked it even more when i read the pre-sequal

message 15: by Selina (new)

Selina Villagomez (SelinaVillagomez) | 4 comments One of my all time favorite books was the Box card Children series of books. I use to read those books when i was in elementary school. they had some adventure which was what i liked. It kept me interested in the book.

message 16: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Bui (TriciaBui) | 1 comments My favorite book of all time would probably be, well actually it's the series, " A series of Unfortunate Events". This series was kind of the start to me actually enjoying reading a little. I loved th plot and I guess you can say I liked the unfortunate events that happened to them? I'm not mean, I just like reading how they counter those acts. It's a pretty cool series except when the author goes on tangents because he wants you to put the book down because the events are just too tragic, it shouldn't be read, but it's like dude! stop I want to read what happens next!