1st Period 09-10 discussion

If you could be a character in a book, who would you be? Why?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (delfie) | 6 comments Mod
If I could be a character in a book I would be Falcor, the luck dragon in The Never Ending Story. He was wise, able to fly, lived in a fantasy world, and instrumental in the moral development of the hero's journey.

message 2: by Kaotic (new)

Kaotic | 2 comments I would want to be Sun Tzu. He was a great leader, a general. He could destory armies with only 12 men. He could make men fear with the sound of his name. He knew warfare like the back of his hand. And he delt that hand of distruction on the battle field.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"
-Sun Tzu

message 3: by Kaylah (last edited Mar 15, 2010 07:53AM) (new)

Kaylah Grady (jovyyah) | 2 comments I would not want to be a character in a book because somebody get their heart broken or the DIE. But if it's a fair tell I would want to be the severnt because at the end you become a princess or you become RICH.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Nguyen (kathynguyen) | 3 comments If I Could be a character in the book I would Like to be Alice in Wonderland, The amazing world that addicted to her dream such always stuck in her mind since she was young..... who falls down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world populated by peculiar and anthropomorphic creatures.

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary Nguyen (goodreadscomThankGodImFresh) | 2 comments If I can choose to be character in a story book. I would be Cat in the Hat. This cat is always messing around and screwing upthing up but never gets in trouble. The little kids are getting in trouble while this cat gets away with everything. He just comes in the room and starts to have fun by breaking everything and talking out random stuff just to lifen up the place. And he has 2 little mini-me's Thign 1 and Thing 2 who do whatever he wants me too. Thats why I'd choose Cat in the Hat. Because he gets away with EVERYTHING.

message 6: by Duc Hoang (last edited Mar 15, 2010 08:01AM) (new)

Duc Hoang DO (DucHoang) | 2 comments If I could be a character in a book, I would be Edmond Dantes in The Count of Monte Cristo because he escaped from prison and completely changed his identity. Then, he became a rich man and lives happily with his children and his wife.

message 7: by Meykia (new)

Meykia Smith | 3 comments if i could be achacter in a book i would be Christopher John Francis Boone the main character from the Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time. This guy had autism and was still amazing by being meticulous and able to solve a "mystery" and proved his innocence. Throughout the whole thing he continues to remain himself through the whole book and teaches us to do the same.

message 8: by Enrique (new)

Enrique Salgado | 1 comments If i could be a character in a book, I would be Captain Underpants. He gets to go around in his underpants and that would be pretty cool because you don't have to be worrying about what jeans to wear. Anyways i have a lot of boxers is could go around in. He could also fly, fight crime, and kill monsters (or whatever they were called) which would be pretty cool too, specially if they were bigger than you.

message 9: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Jones | 3 comments If i could be any character from any book, i would be eragon from eragon because he has life pretty good. he gets to ride a dragon which i think is pretty cool....and people look up to him and want great things for him and from him. thats something that would be cool to live up to.

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria Young | 2 comments Gandalf.
Dude has a staff and who does want a staff?! then after he comes running on his horse he gets a sword! Epicness...

But then again there is Chuck Norris...

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments I would be Tracy from Flyy Girl because she always stayed flyy, but she also strived for what she wanted. Whether if it was from her parent's or men, without having to put herself out there. She was a all time go-getter that made something out of herself as she matured into the real world.

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Chao | 2 comments If I could be any character I would be Harry Potter. Harry is the most powerful wizard. He beats everyone and anything in what he does. He goes through cool adventures and gets stronger as his teenage years progress. Plus harry is mister popular. Kinda sucks how he has this huge target on his back and never really got to know his parents :(

message 13: by ChRiS (new)

ChRiS lY | 3 comments If I could be a character in a book, I would be Agaron because he's a great warrior who helps others from Lord of the Rings.

message 14: by Anjelique (new)

Anjelique Sinagel | 2 comments If i could be a charcter in a book i would be Precious from the book Push. i respect her so much and she went through alot in her story. struggles and everything and never once did she honestly ask why me, i think of myself as that because i have the same mantality. Also in the book she pushed for what she wanted and what she felt she deserved in life and never gave up. she had to children and got them both. As well as finishing an education.

message 15: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 2 comments If the day comes to be a character in a book, the ones I've read that is, I'd be Eli's mom from My Mom is A French Fry. Not because she's an embarrassing mother but she's care free and tries new things. New things including speaking an out-of-this-world-language to strangers to skimming through other's garbage for house decorations. Disgusting? No, I find it rather motivating to find a character that truly grasps the concept of the little things.