1st Period 09-10 discussion

What is your all-time favorite book? Why?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (delfie) | 6 comments Mod
Little Bunny Follows His Nose

Little Bunny Follows His Nose was the book my mom used to read to me often when I was a little kid. It encouraged Bunny to get out of his house and explore his own backyard. On his travels he found adventure and good friends. I think of this book often and I am sure it helped to foster my own sense of adventure as an adult and my passion for playing outside. I even bought a new copy for my future children to enjoy. The scratch and sniff stickers on my original were quite worn through.

message 2: by Christian (last edited Mar 15, 2010 08:17AM) (new)

Christian Naylor | 2 comments Favorite book of all time.. hm.. Ms DF, i'd have to say "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. I haven't read it in years, but it's the only book I ever really remember reading from elementary, which means it was good. 5th grade was so long ago.... a dystopia attempting to be a utopia.

message 3: by Meykia (new)

Meykia Smith | 3 comments Christian wrote: "Favorite book of all time.. hm.. Ms DF, i'd have to say "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. I haven't read it in years, but it's the only book I ever really remember reading from elementary, which means it ..."

Thats a good book! And it brings back memories of Mr. Lockharts 5th grade reading class where you would always get something thrown at you :)

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Bie | 1 comments my favorite book would be to kill a mocking bird :)

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Jones | 3 comments my favorite book would be......uh idk something from the eragon series..

message 6: by ChRiS (new)

ChRiS lY | 3 comments "When Pigs Fly" This book is an interesting book and I had to read it a couple times before I got it back in elementary.

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Joanne wrote: "my favorite book would be to kill a mocking bird :)"

Why? What are your thoughts about the book? Why do you remember it so well?

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Patrick wrote: "my favorite book would be......uh idk something from the eragon series.."

Are you sure? You don't sound sure. When you decide, I would be interested in knowing why you chose that book?

message 9: by Gary (new)

Gary Nguyen (goodreadscomThankGodImFresh) | 2 comments Cat in the Hat. Because he is pure greatness.

message 10: by Kaylah (new)

Kaylah Grady (jovyyah) | 2 comments I HAVE TO MANY TO NAME. BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE IS SHAMELESS HOODWIVES, BECAUSE IT TALKS ABOUT HOW HARD IT WAS GROWING UP AND A BAD PLACE.

message 11: by Rakib (new)

Rakib Mirza | 2 comments My favorite book of all time is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It is a book that really made me think. It had this delima of using children in warfare. Ender who is a boy genius basically gets his childhood destroyed and is faced with the burden of xenoside. It also goes into this whole thing about survival. But what I like about the book is that it has different levels--you can take what you want from it. The writing style is great, too. They don't just tell you Ender is super smart (I think he actually might of, but...) but you get the impression from his actions and responses.
A very close seconf goes to A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin.

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Nguyen (kathynguyen) | 3 comments my favorite book of all time would be A walk to remember.! Bc this book such a great book for me and i think u should to read this book too!!