Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Ladies, are your bras storage facilities? / cross-dressing again

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments A woman in Spokane, WA (I assume Lori and Jackie weren't involved) was recently busted for hiding thousands of stolen dollars in their bras:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35855547/...

Ok, so the woman in question was rather large and maybe others can't jam 26K down the fronts of their tops.

I think we touched briefly on bra-storage before but now I'm curious. What in the hell? Are there pockets in those things? What do you store in your bras, ladies, and why?

I wish I had a secret pocket.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments RA - you could perpetually wear a jock strap and store your money in the pouch instead of wearing a cup. you might look funny paying for your meal at McDonald's but you def could say "i am already super-sized, thanks"

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sorry, there's no room for anything else down there.

rim shot

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hahahahahahahahh

message 5: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 50 comments one upun a time in my grandmother era, a woman save their money in their bra. even tho they have a wallet or they are bring a bag.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Barb wrote: "I store my boobs in my bra ..."

Likely story.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "Sorry, there's no room for anything else down there.

rim shot"

::shakes head in agreement:: ;-)

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments lots of older ladies keep a tissue or a hankie in their bra. sort of disgusting

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Ahem. Not that I'm older, but I often have a tissue in my cleavage.
It's because there is lots of room in there, and lots of my teacherey clothes don't have pockets.

message 10: by Heather (last edited Mar 15, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments I don't like anything other than my boobs in my bra. I barely even like to wear a bra, I certainly don't want other items crowding an already cramped space.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments got a tissue sally?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Money is dirty, I wouldn't want to store it in my bra.
And I'd rather keep a kleenex up my sleeve (another old lady trick) than in my bra, if I don't have a pocket handy.

message 13: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 515 comments Lipstick. Car key (the rest of the ring stays in the car). Cash. Credit card.

Storage space is limited when you don't carry a purse and your outfit for the evening does not allow for pockets.

On a child related note... I guess I also now store milk in my bra. It can be messy.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am totally beginning to be skeeved out by this convo. when i think bra i think victoria secret, not mom handbag or backpack. i did not know you all did magic tricks like pulling rabbits out of your brassiere

what would otto titslinger think?

message 15: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments that would be a very small and uncomfortable rabbit in my case. i only us my bra to store one (or two) things.

message 16: by Heidi (last edited Mar 15, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments My boobs ring all the time. It happened yesterday when I was talking to my neighbor. I had to excuse myself to pull my phone out of my bra when it started ringing. I keep my cellphone in there, mostly because I don't usually have pockets, and it's a pain in the rump to carry it around in my hand or under my arm pit. Plus, I can't butt dial on accident when it's in my bra.

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) ....oh never mind.

message 18: by Félix (last edited Mar 15, 2010 04:28PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Your butt dials the phone, Heidi?

Oh I get it. Never mind.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh, Heidi reminds me I often put my iPod in there too when I'm on walks. It doesn't get as squished as if it were in a jean pocket, and it is easy to get to to switch songs, etc.

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

No, it doesn't really go in the cleavage, but in the cup, sort of nestled under the boob.

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: "No, it doesn't really go in the cleavage, but in the cup, sort of nestled under the boob."

Same here... my phone's pretty secure in it's place when I stick it in my "pocket."

I don't worry about sweat being an issue, though - I take it out when I'm doing any activity that's more than my usual work activity.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I had no idea people stored things in their bras. I mean, I've seen the occasional dollar pulled out of someone's cleavage, but I didn't know people used them like glove compartments.

I have a wrist brace that I've used like that for ages. It has an opening for the metal brace part to be removed so the padding can be washed. I can slip money and keys in there if I don't have pockets, but I usually have pockets. The wrist brace can also be handy for bonking people I don't like if they get too pushy at a rock show. First discovered that at a Black 47 show in NYC on St. Patrick's Day when I was fifteen.

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am going to start wearing a bra instead of carrying a wallet or backpack

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I presumed you already did Kevin :-)

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Leslie Cochran, "man" on the street in Austin TX.

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments no, i have never worn a bra. wait. i mean i usually never wear a bra

message 27: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments I dressed as a woman for Halloween 1982, complete with bra, full make-up, heels,and fishnet stockings, all courtesy of my then-girlfriend.

Oh, the humanity...

message 28: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments ooo, cross-dressing confessions!

i have cross-dressed on several occasions, but never was a very convincing man. i blame the bra, and the long hair. the first two occasions were for costume parties. the first time i wore my great-grandfather's jacket with the magnificent tails, his hat, and pants i borrowed from my father.accessories: a painted on moustache with mighty curls at the ends and sunglasses. the second time i was a bit lazy and just wore one of my father's old suits, i still almost won first prize (it went to a male cross-dresser). the third time i dressed as nelson mandela for a presentation, again raiding my father's closet. my father and i have practically the same size (he is almost scary thin, all bones and muscles) except that he is taller, so if i ever feel tempted to cross-dress again i know where to shop.

message 29: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Clark wrote: "I dressed as a woman for Halloween 1982, complete with bra, full make-up, heels,and fishnet stockings, all courtesy of my then-girlfriend.

Oh, the humanity..."

Did you try to explain to everyone that you were one of the New York Dolls?

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments thanks for taking my name out of the title thread. i was afraid it would come up on a google search of cross-dressing

message 31: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I never put anything in my bra because it wouldn't work. My cell phone is bigger than my bra.

message 32: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Ok I take it back. I took the girls to the playground this afternoon and I wanted to play on the swings so I thought I'd just see...and it was pretty handy to jam it in there! It looked like I had a big rectangular boob but it was safe and sound and didn't fall out even when I swung as high as I could!! I should put this in "the reasons why I love GR thread."

message 33: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Did you try to explain to everyone that you were one of the New York Dolls?"

No need to. I'm much prettier than any of them.

message 34: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (chantelle13) | 38 comments Ok, so I totally did this the other day with my cellphone and laughed so hard I think I really disturbed some people. All thanks to this thread.

message 35: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Right, Chantelle? It's my cellphone's new home. I had no idea. I love Goodreads.

message 36: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
No, I do not store anything in my bra. Not an ipod, not a cellphone, not even so much as a peanut or an acorn. It can get sweaty, I don't want to distend or disfigure a perfectly good bra, plus I want the smooth look.

message 37: by Heidi (last edited Aug 31, 2010 08:37PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I get the smooth look still. Umm, my phone is considerably smaller than the rest of the contents of the bra pocket. Every once in a while it'll light up through my shirt, though, when I get a message or a call, leaving me looking like ET's heart light. :)

::cue Neil Diamond::

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe that's a new look for bra's you have just invented Heidi. A bra with flashing lights and a ring tone. Great for a disco (or what ever they are called these days). :)

message 39: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I barely have room in my bras for my boobs...putting anything else in there will cause an avalanche. And I need some advice from any of you girls who are...um...chesty. I've got a bit of a problem with size and comfort. Maybe this should go in the TMI thread? Oh what the hell...I need a 38DD but it's almost impossible to find one without underwire that actually supports me. I'd wear the underwire, but let's face it...the underwires are so effin big that I could use them for a head band, and they poke the shit out of my armpits. So I currently wear bras that are too small...anyone have any brands that they would recommend?

message 40: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
Goodreads: come for the books, stay for the boobs.

message 41: by Arielle (last edited Aug 31, 2010 11:44PM) (new)

Arielle (ariquelle) | 4 comments Cellphone... Ipod... That 20 bucks I don't want to lose...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I have never stored anything in a bra, ever. It sounds uncomfortable.

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 01, 2010 12:07AM) (new)

Arielle wrote: "Cellphone... Ipod... That 20 bucks I don't want to lose..."

I had to have a close look at your profile picture Arielle. At a quick glance it looked like a fly, I was going to suggest avoiding the thread on spiders!!!! :D

Welcome by the way.

message 44: by Arielle (new)

Arielle (ariquelle) | 4 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Arielle wrote: "Cellphone... Ipod... That 20 bucks I don't want to lose..."

I had to have a close look at your profile picture Arielle. At a quick glance it looked like a fly, I was going to sug..."

I have never thought it looked like a fly before, although now that the idea is there... also, Thank you!

message 45: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7073 comments Alecia, check out Champion, Title 9 or another women's sporting goods company. I like their sports bras without underwires.

message 46: by Heidi (last edited Sep 01, 2010 07:28AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Alecia wrote: "I barely have room in my bras for my boobs...putting anything else in there will cause an avalanche. And I need some advice from any of you girls who are...um...chesty. I've got a bit of a problem ..."

I abhor underwire... there really is no point in buying an underwire bra if you're chesty - within two months, the wire almost always comes out through the seams and stabs the skin under the breast. It has to be THE most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. And if you pull it out, you'll be lopsided... noticeably lopsided. I've tried everything to keep from getting stabbed - cotton swabs, a rolled up tissue, cotton pads for removing eye makeup, a handkerchief, a face cloth... I still have scars. You men really have NO idea what we go through for you.

I've found three brands that I like - Playtex (look for the ones with side support... that's the kind I use - the side support/smoothing is a superthick binding fabric that sort of pushes everything forward and keeps it from leaning to the side). Another brand that I like is Wacoal - this is probably my favorite brand. And the other one I like is Bali.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to TC Arielle.

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Goodreads: come for the books, stay for the boobs."

Oh, I love you, LG...

message 49: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I would just like to thank this thread again for teaching me that my bra CAN be used as a storage facility. Now when I have no pockets, that's where my big giant phone goes and it stays put. It doesn't fall out or anything. It looks really dumb because my phone is bigger than the other contents of my bra but I don't mind. I'm just happy to be able to stick it somewhere so I can use my hands for kid wrangling.

message 50: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Thanks for all the great advice ladies...looks like I'm going bra shopping. By the way, is it normal for my husband to be more excited about this than I am??? All I have to say is...kid in a candy store much? LOL

« previous 1