What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Princess Nevermore (Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice, #1)
This topic is about Princess Nevermore
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Urban park pond has portal to fantasy world solved

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaion (last edited Oct 30, 2015 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kaion (kaionvin) | 305 comments Reading mentions of an Enchanted sequel reminded me of a young adult novel I read as a teen:

Basically it took place in a modern city (and some in a fantasy land), and the most vivid thing I remember was that the pond/lake in the park was sometimes a portal into a fantasy world. I think this was depicted on the cover (I think a night-time drawing of a park in a clearly urban area with another land visible where ordinarily the "reflection" would be in the water).

The main characters were I think a male and a female (teenagers, probably- I can't recall whether they were siblings or just friends) and they had to help a girl of their own age who came across the portal. There were some sort of shenanigans this girl was involved with in the other world (probably a coup of some sort because maybe she was in the nobility? Probably not a princess). I can't recall exactly if the "real-world" teens made it across the barrier to the fantasy world, but I'd put my bets on likely. I'm fairly sure everyone went back to their place of origin at the end.

I read this probably 5-10 years ago. I don't recall if it was a particularly new-looking book. Paperback. Am I just mashing together different stuff?

Eta: Princess Nevermore

Caitlín (Ink Mage) (InkMage) | 9 comments Could it have been Princess Nevermore by Dian Curtis Regan?

Kaion (kaionvin) | 305 comments Someone on another site suggested it to me (and that I might be mixing it up with The Magician's Nephew). Guess I have something to look up on my next library trip.

Miriam | 673 comments The two contemporary teens with a portal in the park sounds like The Kingdom of Kevin Malone, but I don't think anyone from the other world came through to ours.

message 5: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (Renfrew) | 43 comments Did it involve the girl bringing a magical (sea) horse into the bathroom of her shared apartment?

Kaion (kaionvin) | 305 comments I don't recall so. (But obviously that doesn't preclude it.)

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 30 comments Reminds me of Edward Eagers Magic by the Lake - but maybe that's too young audience wise?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Princess Nevermore (other topics)
The Magician's Nephew (other topics)
The Kingdom of Kevin Malone (other topics)