Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Gaelen Foley

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Just finished His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7) by Gaelen Foley

It was just okay for me. I know this is a series, and I've been reading them out of order. I also read Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3) by Gaelen Foley and I really enjoyed it. Same with The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1) by Gaelen Foley

message 2: by Julianna (last edited Mar 14, 2010 06:52PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments Gaelen Foley is one of my fav HR authors. I've read all but the last (His Wicked Kiss) in the Knight Miscellany series. All of them were keepers for me except Lady of Desire, and even it rated 4 stars. I just didn't develop as much of a liking for Jacinda in that one as I had for the heroines in all the other books. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of her books.

message 3: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) I liked her for all of one sec when I read THE DUKE. The Knight Miscelleny series got worse as it progressed and it felt like she had writers block when she wrote the Knight Spice trilogy. Her new series for Avon has gotten terrible reviews so i dont even bother anymore

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Mar 15, 2010 05:42PM) (new)

seton wrote: "I liked her for all of one sec when I read THE DUKE. The Knight Miscelleny series got worse as it progressed and it felt like she had writers block when she wrote the Knight Spice trilogy. Her new ..."

I started reading her latest one... My Wicked Marquess by Gaelen Foley I put it down, 1/4 of the way thru. I agree with you, I loved The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1) by Gaelen Foley . I did enjoy Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3) by Gaelen Foley too mind you, but this last one not so much. I haven't read anything else of hers yet.

message 5: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Oh no... I was going to try my wicked marquess... what is wrong with it Shell?

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "Oh no... I was going to try my wicked marquess... what is wrong with it Shell?"

I just picked it up again, I may have been a little harsh. Im given it another try, its growing on me.

message 7: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Well, let me know what you think of it as you read more. Who wants to read a mediocre book?!? :)

message 8: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Alycia wrote: "Well, let me know what you think of it as you read more. Who wants to read a mediocre book?!? :)"

No doubt... I am determined to finish it. So ya, I will definatly let you know.

message 9: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Ok, thanks!

message 10: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Okay... Just finished My Wicked Marquess by Gaelen Foley

Ugh.... Don't bother Alycia, or anyone else for that matter...

message 11: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Shell wrote: "Okay... Just finished My Wicked Marquess by Gaelen Foley

Ugh.... Don't bother Alycia, or anyone else for that matter..."

Ok, thanks for letting me know Shell. I appreciate it. I am removing it from my list now.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I am going to try her

message 13: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

The last book was SOOO dissapointing.. Her older stuff, I loved. Maybe it was just one dud.. Every author is entitled to distributing one or two.

message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Has anyone read anything by this author yet?

message 15: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments I need to finish up her Knight Miscellany series. I haven't found time to squeeze the last one in yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

message 16: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Is that the Ice series?

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments LOved the Duke

message 18: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Okay, yes.. I have started that series.. Havent finished it yet.