This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Barbecue

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) There's a place-- well, a chain-- that sells the best barbecue in South Carolina. Pulled pork sandwiches with mustard based sauce. Hash with the same sauce, over rice. Excellent coleslaw (i'm not a huge fan of coleslaw, but this stuff's good) and tasty hushpuppies. Never had the baked beans though, but they're probably good if you like baked beans. This stuff is just fantastic.

On the other hand, it's Maurice's Piggy Park. Maurice Bessinger is a guy who made Strom Thurmond look like a hippie. I have more tolerance for the Confederate Flag than a lot of people, but i tend to think Ol' Maurice went a bit far putting up billboards with the State flag at the top, Confederate Flag next, and the US flag at the bottom (even if the SC flag is the best state flag, other than New Mexico). He sells crazy far right pamphlets in his restaurants, and you get the feeling that if you asked the cashier for Klan literature they wouldn't have far to go to get it. It's not a place you go with your darker complected friends.

But god damn, the barbecue is good.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Ummm now I feel like going there on the next good Friday and finish making my order with good ol' "AYAK"....

message 3: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Mmmmmmm Great barbecue and hate in a one stop shop! Sounds wonderful.

Servius  Heiner I choose good food over good social graces every time. Good people have a better shelf life then good food, you can make nice after you eat.

message 5: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments If I ever find myself in the forsaken state of SC, I'll check that place out.