You Imagine discussion

online book reviewing sites / blogs

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 205 comments Mod
There are places out there that review books, whether they are published through the big five, or through small press publishers, or self-published authors.

Blogs that review books are a great way to go, because word of mouth is so important in getting the word out.

Please post what you know about book review sites here!

message 2: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) well, i review books for a site called http://www.flamingnet.com its a really NEAT site, and they send you books. to start, you apply and send them $10. if ur not accepted, then u get the money back. if you are accepted, however, they send you as many books as you want! and YOU get to PICK the book you get, so you wont get a genre you absolutley despise... i found out about the site from my lit teacher last year.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Lee (featheredzebra) | 14 comments I review for three sites in addition to my own. DarkScribe focuses on horror and it's literature quality. Monsterlibrarian.com is horror/dark fiction based and focuses on helping librarians and readers traverse the huge number of books from adult horror to children's scary books. And The Fix Online focuses on short fiction (magazines, collections, anthologies) in SF/F/H/Weird.

I cross post my reviews for those sites along with personal reviews on my review blog micheleleesbooklove.wordpress.com

message 4: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) I review books on my blog. I try to go the extra mile for the self-published and small press books. I post the reviews anywhere I can find the book (Shelfari, GoodReads, Amazon/Borders, B&N).

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim Kylee,
As the author of a small press book, I really just wanted to take a minute to thank you for that! My novel, Songs for a Teenage Nomad, has been really picking up steam lately with great thanks to bloggers like you! My publisher refers to his press as "fiercely independent" and I just think it's so important to have an indie voice in the world. Thanks for going that extra mile!
Smiles,
Kim

message 6: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) Kim- I sent you a message.

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Thanks, Kylee! ;-)